News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So what do you think of Scott Stapp minus Creed?

Started by bull, November 23, 2005, 11:44:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

I've heard a couple songs and it sounds a bit washed out, ie., missing the edge. Like Creed when they just woke up.

Orange_Crush

Meh...I got a little tired of Creed after a while.  Stapp's got a great set of pipes, but all his songs seem to sound the same after a while.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

Johnny SixPack

I was never fond of the Stapp infection with or without Creed.

Too much of a Jesus complex in all of his interviews and especially so in videos and pix.

Not denying his ability to sing one bit though.

On the flip side of that, Celine Dion is blessed with an amazing voice, but I can't stand her either.

Something about them just annoys the h*ll out of me.

I'll take Mark Mothersbaugh's voice over Mr. Stappylococcus' any day. :D

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

4forty

Quote from: Orange_Crush on November 23, 2005, 11:47:18 AM
Meh...I got a little tired of Creed after a while.   Stapp's got a great set of pipes, but all his songs seem to sound the same after a while.
:iagree:

andy74

he thinks he is freakin jim morrison,when he is nt even a spot in his shadow, hell with him

nh_mopar_fan

Orange_Crush

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on November 23, 2005, 12:34:28 PM
Dying was a great career move for Morrison.

Yup...hell, their most popular song wasn't even written by him.

Besides, his poetry was absolute garbage...one of my professors once referred to it as "doggerel" which is perhaps the worst insult to a poet.

I wouldn't go that far...it has SOME merit.  Mostly as a tool for reading yourself to sleep.

I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

andy74

ChargerBill

Quote from: formula_440 on November 23, 2005, 11:58:46 AM
Too much of a Jesus complex in all of his interviews and especially so in videos and pix.

Gee, no intolerance here huh?
Life is a highway...

Ponch ®

Quote from: ChargerBill on November 23, 2005, 04:06:50 PM

it's because Jesus was black. ;D
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Orange_Crush

By "Jesus complex" he means that Scott Stapp thinks he's Jesus.

ChargerBill

Maybe if you grew up in the Ghetto he was black... O0

I guess I should have asked this: Do you mean he thinks he's Jesus, or he just sings about Jesus too much? Because I understand the first one, but the second one just smacks of intolerance.
Life is a highway...

ChargerBill

Great OC, we posted at the same time. :rotz:

Well, I didn't realize that...then I agree, he is a freak.
Life is a highway...

Orange_Crush

Quote from: Ponch on November 23, 2005, 04:12:25 PM

it's because Jesus was black. ;D

Not black, but he was a dark brown...hell, he looked almost Mexican!

ChargerBill

Quote from: Orange_Crush on November 23, 2005, 04:18:23 PM

What did you say to Him when you saw Him? I mean, you did personally see Him right? Because the hundreds of scholars and thousands of Holy men who have tried to figure out what He looked like have been unable to come to any conclusion....you're a lucky man. :icon_smile_wink:
Life is a highway...

Old Moparz

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Orange_Crush

Quote from: ChargerBill on November 23, 2005, 04:21:08 PM
Quote from: Orange_Crush on November 23, 2005, 04:18:23 PM

What did you say to Him when you saw Him? I mean, you did personally see Him right? Because the hundreds of scholars and thousands of Holy men who have tried to figure out what He looked like have been unable to come to any conclusion....you're a lucky man. :icon_smile_wink:

We went to college together, Back when he could turn water into beer...he was a big hit at all the parties.  What was really cool was the fact that he saved us a bunch of money on food.  We fed everyone at all our parties with only two pizzas and a bucket of chicken.

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Chargen69

I liked the Creed sound (created by the guitarist and drummer) never really cared for Scott.  Did anybody catch him singing the nation anthem for the Homestead race this Sunday?  He totally screwed up the "Land of the free and Home of the Brave" ending.  He forgot the Words!!!!!!!!  kinda mumbled it through three or four words then picked up on Home of the Brave.

Very bad

:puke: :puke:

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: ChargerBill on November 23, 2005, 04:17:22 PM
Maybe if you grew up in the Ghetto he was black... O0

I guess I should have asked this: Do you mean he thinks he's Jesus, or he just sings about Jesus too much? Because I understand the first one, but the second one just smacks of intolerance.

Bill, it was most definitely the 1st one.

I've got nothing against Christian music and will admit to a Petra tape sometime back in the mid "80s. :D

My problem is his Jesus complex.

Take for instance the outstretched crucifixion pose he was always copping in the Creed vids.

Even in his interviews he was way too self-important.

Signing about God/Jesus/The Holy Ghost (not you Everett) is great.

No issues with that at all.

It's Mr. Stapp's personal idiosyncrasies that makes me dislike him.
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Brock Samson

I dunno about creed a few songs are ok,.. But the Christian Rock band I really Like is KINGS X,.. THOSE BOYS ARE BAD!!  :yesnod:

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: Stratocharger on November 23, 2005, 08:08:09 PM
I dunno about creed a few songs are ok,.. But the Christian Rock band I really Like is KINGS X,.. THOSE BOYS ARE BAD!!   :yesnod:

Oh yeah! :METAL:

They are great, Strat! :2thumbs:

Bassist used to play a 12 string in fact.   :icon_smile_cool:

Pretty sweet! :cheers:
Johnny's Herd:

suburbanfireman

I agree - he butchered the national anthem last sunday.  I realize that the song is not that easy to sing, but he is supposed to be a professional singer.  It seems like NASCAR cannot get anyone to sing the anthem properly.  Everyone want to "jazz" it up with their own personal touch.  Trace Adkins (spelling?) and Josh Turner have been the only decent singers I have heard sing the anthem lately.
Tim "The Toolman" Taylor: "I think I might be addicted to cars."

Jill Taylor: "Well, DUH!"

Tim "The Toolman" Taylor: "I'm thinking about checking myself into the Henry Ford Clinic!"

Charger71

I think Stapp should suck on a throat lozenger.   He is a decent entertainer, but doesn't seem to remember the lyrics to our National Anthem.

As far as good performances... I thought the trumpet player a couple of weeks ago was great.

Charger71

ChargerBill

I never really cared for their music so I never paid attention to him...didn't know he was like that.

Well, since we're on the subject, here are some really good groups in the Christian rock genre.

Christian alternative/punk:
Olivia the Band
Switchfoot
Relient K
Plankeye
Bleach
The Elms

Christian Rock:
Falling Up - edgy
Sonic Flood
Day of Fire & Josh Brown - this guy has a GREAT voice
Building 429
Plumb - chick singer has great voice
Audio Adrenaline
Sanctus Real

And the mainstream Christian stuff: (a lot of these bands are played on regular stations - you probably don't even realize it)
Jars of Clay
Third Day
Mercy Me
Newsboys
Life is a highway...