News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1983 MMCI Mopars At Charlotte anyone got a video?

Started by A34, March 17, 2008, 11:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A34

Does anyone have a video (or pics) of this car show at the Charlotte Motor Speedway? This was my first car show in May 1983. I'd love to get a copy of it if you do. I'd be glad to buy it from you.

This was the day after my Senior Prom. I had much more fun at the show than my prom, but that's another story. I drove from Etowah, Tennessee in my F3 R/T SE to Charlotte stopping to fill the car up every 180 miles or so because the gas gauge didn't work. I was figuring 10 mpg roughly, didn't run out, so guess I was at least getting 10 at 75mph+. LOL.

On the way back, I followed a Superbird out of Tellico Plains, Tn. and we stopped at a Gas Station somewhere in the middle of the night in SC, I think, and there was a guy there with a 69 Hemi Roadrunner trying to buy fuel. His car wouldn't run on the cheap crap he had been buying and he was turning the timing back to try and make it home. I remember he was the son of a Chrysler dealer and it looked like a nice car in the dark.   :icon_smile_wink:

Anyway, would love to get some pics or video of that event if you have it!!!!

Here's a pic of my car at the track courtesy of the Superbird driver.
Looking for NOS parts for 69 Charger - whatcha got?
God Bless America, Our Troops and Their Families !
Deo Vindice

A34

Looking for NOS parts for 69 Charger - whatcha got?
God Bless America, Our Troops and Their Families !
Deo Vindice