News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Aarons 69 build

Started by aaron543420, August 21, 2009, 10:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaron543420

My new baby when I found it

aaron543420

First stage

Cut the bad frame rails out and replace them with new shiny bling bling (both sides)

aaron543420

Next new floor pans and ext ....and yes there will be new springs sometime soon)

Still need to finish the weld / clean up but had to go to work before i could finish it  :'(

aaron543420

New rear valance and all the workings ...dont mind the dust ....my body man got a little crazy with some sanding next to my car lol

and the quarter and bolts are just hanging there for alignment purposes

aaron543420

took the engine out this week and started on the engine compartment

4 days of stripping / sanding / and cussing

and today primer went down ...it was a good day

oldrock

great pics! I wish we could take the time to do that to my son's engine compartment. Yours is looking great and I look forward to seeing it with the motor back in!

69bronzeT5

Just an observation but I don't see rear valance light holes? Looking great so far :2thumbs:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

moparstuart

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on August 22, 2009, 01:47:47 AM
Just an observation but I don't see rear valance light holes? Looking great so far :2thumbs:
if you slap orange paint on it cody it doesnt need them   :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:

all kidding aside great work another car saved  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

1969chargerrtse

Wow fantastic work.  :2thumbs:  I love the before pictures because it proves once again that these cars were loved so much since they were new that 40 years later people still would rather watch them sit and rot than crush them. You brought back Americas favorite classic. Great job.
Any history of it's past and options?  

I see A/C, console, wood wheel, PS, 26" radiator?,A Dana rear?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

tan top

some good work going on Dude  :2thumbs: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

six-tee-nine

The rear ain't a Dana more likeley a 8 and 1/4".
The 26" rad is probably there cuz of the AC setup...

I like factory air cars, hope you gonna keep it. By the way, nice job on the valance, I have to tackle mine when i get to it....some day.
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

69*F5*SE

I'm diggin' all the before & after pics.  It's coming along well.   :popcrn:

lexxman

The car is looking good,keep us updated. :2thumbs:

vancamp

sardillim

aaron543420

After much sanding we have new pics..

Ok Im going to start adding the cost and time to do each part...

The grill support (I guess this is what they call it )

$14.00 in sand (Media Blaster)
$10.00 in sand paper
$14.00 in etching primer (2 cans)

2 hours for disassembling etc...
1 hour in media blasting
2 hours in sanding, prepping and priming

and now for the dash ....

$14.00 in sand (Media Blaster)
$20.00 in sand paper
$21.00 in etching primer (3 cans)

3 hours for disassembling etc...
1.5 hour in media blasting
4 hours in sanding, prepping and priming

Under the dash

$7.00 in sand (Media Blaster)
$10.00 in sand paper
$8.00 in rust inhibitor spray (1 can)
$14.00 in etching primer (2 cans)

30 minutes media blasting
4 hours the first day in sanding and about 2 hours in prepping and priming the second day
This was a pain in the butt and very dirty job

aaron543420

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on August 22, 2009, 01:47:47 AM

I just took this up with my body man .... apparently I purchased the wrong year... but he is telling me not to freak out over it and he will make it work...

aaron543420

I first saw the car around 5 years ago and bugged the heck out of the guy until he sold it to me for $2000.00.
I know the car was bought and sold a few times but I was able to track down a few owners. The history is all kinds of jacked up but here goes ....
The car was first found in a salvage yard (the first death as I call it) in the early 80's and why it was in the salvage yard I have no idea.. I was told that the car had no issues and still had the original motor and tranny. Well the car then went to a kid that drove the heck out of it for a few years as a daily driver. A local man then purchased the car from the kid and gave it to his son to drive in the mid 80's. Well the kid did what every kid in the 80's did and took out the original 318 and replaced it with a 440 until its second death... the kid somehow figured out how to catch the dash on fire. It's a sad story as the guy tells it...apparently he was doing some welding next to the car and some sparks jumped. I guess the guy freaked out and was running around ripping his shirt off trying to put out the fire. After the fire was put out he pushed the car into a field and that's where it sat until I found it.
I was told that the car sat in the field for 20 years being pushed around with a bulldozer... that would explain a lot of the dents and broken parts. The guy told me that on a few occasions his son worked on the car and tried to half assed fix some dents but ultimately the car was pushed back in the field.  Well the guy then freaked me out when he told me that he was going to make a derbi car out of it just for poops and grins until I came along... I could have killed him when he said that ... and the bad thing is I believe the guy would have..... Oh yea and his idea of helping put the car on a trailer was to pick it up with a bobcat and push it on the trailer ....

If you are a 1970 roadrunner fan you may want to stop reading this.... I watched the guy roll a 70 roadrunner in its top and then push it with the bobcat so we would have room to back up the trailer....

Yea it was a sad day and NOOOoooooooo he did not help load the charger....

The car is a factory 318 AC car... it had disk breaks on the front but im thinking it was an afterthought.