News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone here collect old phones? Todd?.....>>>>>

Started by Johnny SixPack, August 21, 2009, 12:41:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny SixPack

I know you collect old radios, Todd, so I was hoping you might have some insight on old phones.

A buddy was over a couple months ago and got my grandparent's old outside ringer working, and I guess that started it off.

That and the same buddy has a couple Western Electric (WE) model 302s (the later version with the thermoplastic base).

So he started me out on this.

I found a couple vintage phone sites on the interwebs, but they were selling 'restored' 302s costing $195 (thermoplastic '41 - '54), or $215 (metal '37 - '41).

I also looked at WE 202s ('30 - '37), but they're more expensive still.

Did some hunting on ePrey, but since I don't know the market, I'm hesitant to just jump in.

If anyone here has any hints/tips/prices I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Johnny
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Todd Wilson

Theres a guy on another forum I am at that collects old phone equipment. He's so hardcore he gets the whole operator switching stations. He is always looking for phones. Older phones are missing the 0 on the dial or something.  Other then some of his comments I dont know a thing.

The old analog phones are cool but they may not work in some areas now that the phone co has went to tone dial operation.

Todd

Johnny SixPack

Yeah, but as I read it the older phones can be 'upgraded' to the newer system by swapping some of the internals.

If you would, please ask him what a 302 in fair - good condition should cost.

Thanks, Todd.

I figured if it was pre-1950 I'd ask you.  :nana:

:cheers:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

The70RT

I have a few. My problem is.....what don't I collect. I will post some pics later. :eyes:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us