News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Problems with Hagerty, thinking about switching.....>>>>>

Started by Johnny SixPack, August 21, 2009, 01:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny SixPack

Anyone here use American Collectors Insurance?

Got a quote that was right on par with Hagerty, but don't know anything about the company other than USAA (my homeowner's and soon to by auto insurer) uses them for their members who have collector cars.

Any experiences with them?

Thanks in advance.

Johnny
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Bob

Quote from: Johnny SixPack on August 21, 2009, 01:07:45 PM
Anyone here use American Collectors Insurance?

Got a quote that was right on par with Hagerty, but don't know anything about the company other than USAA (my homeowner's and soon to by auto insurer) uses them for their members who have collector cars.

Any experiences with them?

Thanks in advance.

Johnny

I use USAA also and I think they have recently dropped them and went with another company. I can't remember the name but I swithced on USAA's recomendation.
Bob

Charger-Bodie

Never had a single problem with Hagerty. I have it myself and Ive done work on quite a few peoples collector cars insured by them.

In my opinion they are the best.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

incautious

I have used both, hagerty my be a little more expensive but they will insure cars that are less that 15 years old
at a good rate. Can't complain about either one.

69charger2002

i have never had a problem with Hagerty and i shopped around. they were the best/cheapest. They don't even get odometer readings on my cars.   :cheers:
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

69*F5*SE

ACUDANUT

I have had American collecors Insurance for 15 years. 1-800-360-2277.  90 bucks a car!! I LOVE THEM.

ITSA426

Just 6T9 CHGR

ACI for me here as well.....have the Charger with them since '97 and I put a Mustang ,vert I had on it as well...no trouble
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

mopar_nut_440_6

You guys are lucking. Here in BC we "MUST" use the provincial insurance company for the pink slip. Any additional insurance coverage can be added by a private insurer but generally this does not make things any less expensive.

They have us over a barrel. I have never had an accident claim in almost 30 years of driving and still pay over 1400 per year to insure a 1999 pickup. It is way worse for the under 25 group, they get a$$ raped!
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

69bronzeT5

Quote from: mopar_nut_440_6 on August 21, 2009, 05:09:32 PM
You guys are lucking. Here in BC we "MUST" use the provincial insurance company for the pink slip. Any additional insurance coverage can be added by a private insurer but generally this does not make things any less expensive.

They have us over a barrel. I have never had an accident claim in almost 30 years of driving and still pay over 1400 per year to insure a 1999 pickup. It is way worse for the under 25 group, they get a$$ raped!

That's why I'm getting a sticker for my Jeep....instead of a guy pissing on a Ford or Chevy logo, he's pissing on ICBC! :D
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

hemigeno

Out of curiosity, what problems are you having with Hagerty?

:scratchchin:

68X426

Bob, when you switched, was it because of an opinion by an USAA agent -or- was it because of an official USAA policy/business decision? And did the agent or USAA explain what the reason was?

Reason I ask is that Haggerty quoted me a much better price than AC. So I have the same questions about the problems people (and USAA) are having. :shruggy:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Bob

Quote from: 68X426 on August 21, 2009, 06:01:28 PM
Bob, when you switched, was it because of an opinion by an USAA agent -or- was it because of an official USAA policy/business decision? And did the agent or USAA explain what the reason was?

Reason I ask is that Haggerty quoted me a much better price than AC. So I have the same questions about the problems people (and USAA) are having. :shruggy:

USAA would not give a detailed account of there decision. I was very happy with AC but then I never made a claim with them either. I'm just trusting USAA to make the smart decisions. Iv'e been with them over 25 years so Iv'e never had reason to question any of there business decisions.

68X426

Thank you Bob for the info. We are left with unknowns. :shruggy:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

billssuperbird

Silver R/T

I've only heard of good things about Hagerty from Charger owners.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

ACUDANUT

ACUDANUT

Quote from: hemigeno on August 21, 2009, 05:30:24 PM
Out of curiosity, what problems are you having with Hagerty?

:scratchchin:

Yea, what was the issue. ??

mopar0166

I use Usaa and they recommended american collectors insurance,  they gave me a great deal and are great to work with.  :cheers: