News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The 1hot68 Era comes to an end.....I sold my 68 R/T clone!

Started by Charger-Bodie, August 21, 2009, 11:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on August 21, 2009, 06:06:09 PM
Quote from: NYCMille on August 21, 2009, 06:03:47 PM
Dude... don't look back - NOW! whatcha' got in mind for this DAYTONA!!  :punkrocka:

540 Hemi 4 speed Dana60 3.54....White with red stripe and wing,black interior....Full rotisserie job. Oh yeah and did I mention a 700 horse Hemi!!!
Thought you regretted the full resto thing on your "old" car?  Or was that because the underside was black?

Sorry I missed the link, I'm just a simple guy with no wing. ::)  I don't go to the Aero section much.

Can you post it please?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

firefighter3931

Oh yeah and did I mention a 700 horse Hemi!!!

What....only 700hp ?  :D

Congrats on the completed sale buddy.  :2thumbs:

A Hemi Daytona clone should soften the fall from selling off the '68  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

moparstuart

Quote from: NYCMille on August 21, 2009, 06:03:47 PM
Dude... don't look back - NOW! whatcha' got in mind for this DAYTONA!!  :punkrocka:

540 Hemi 4 speed Dana60 3.54....White with red stripe and wing,black interior....Full rotisserie job. Oh yeah and did I mention a 700 horse Hemi!!!
so the hemi is going to cost what you got for the 68  , better get to work making the rest of the money    :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

firefighter3931

Quote from: moparstuart on August 21, 2009, 07:57:05 PM
  so the hemi is going to cost what you got for the 68  ,

Not even close....he could have 3 of those hemeroid engines for what 1hot sold for.  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: firefighter3931 on August 21, 2009, 08:12:44 PM

Not even close....he could have 3 of those hemeroid engines for what 1hot sold for.  :icon_smile_big:

Ron

That is true!!  :yesnod:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

moparstuart

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on August 21, 2009, 08:33:03 PM
Quote from: firefighter3931 on August 21, 2009, 08:12:44 PM

Ron
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

That is true!!  :yesnod:
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:   you da man

TUFCAT

WOW. I didn't see that one coming! Hot68 was one of my favorite cars on the board....(I'll get over the shock soon - I hope!)

six-tee-nine

black interior....

Are ya kidding me? white ext. with red stripe......That just screams for a red interior.  :cheers:
I like the 700 horese hemi part alot tough

Looking very much forward to follow the restoration topic, I remember enjoying it alot to follow the 68 progress topic back then....
We like tons of pictures (guess ya did know that already).
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

moparstuart

Quote from: six-tee-nine on August 22, 2009, 02:02:12 PM
black interior....

Are ya kidding me? white ext. with red stripe......That just screams for a red interior.  :cheers:
I like the 700 horese hemi part alot tough

Looking very much forward to follow the restoration topic, I remember enjoying it alot to follow the 68 progress topic back then....
We like tons of pictures (guess ya did know that already).
red     :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

moparstuart

Charger-Bodie

Red interior would be cool ,but Its kind of a been there done that thing for me now...Plus I really think the contrast of the white red and black together will look killer.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

Belgium R/T -68

Glad everything turned out OK with the charger and nice to have somebody around with a similar Hemiproject coming up although I'm
not looking for 700 in mine. :2thumbs:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

hemi68charger

Congrads !!!! I know it's bitter sweet letting her go, but you can press on.. I know exactly how you feel..... Good luck on the Daytona build.....  You had one hellva car before, you'll have one hellva car again.......

PS: Maybe I need to do what you've done, change my screenname.....
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

Quote from: hemi68charger on August 23, 2009, 07:27:44 AM
Congrads !!!! I know it's bitter sweet letting her go, but you can press on.. I know exactly how you feel..... Good luck on the Daytona build.....  You had one hellva car before, you'll have one hellva car again.......

PS: Maybe I need to do what you've done, change my screenname.....
daytonatroy 

PocketThunder

Holy Crap Brian, i go away from the computer for two days and come back to this!  Wow!   :o 

That is probably a good idea to just have one car and one money pit.   :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

TUFCAT

Brian, I ALSO like red interior.....and I know you already had red with the 1hot68, but give it another thought.  White with red stripe and red interior just looks right IMO.  :2thumbs:

charge-it

Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

moparstuart

Quote from: TUFCAT on August 23, 2009, 08:04:09 PM
Brian, I ALSO like red interior.....and I know you already had red with the 1hot68, but give it another thought.  White with red stripe and red interior just looks right IMO.  :2thumbs:
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

Charger-Bodie

It will be black.... one of the reasons is that the 69 red interior is alot brighter than the 68....I like it in the right color exterior,but I think it might be too much with the white exterior. Plus I just really want it to be black this time.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

jb666

I can't wait to see this come together! I think I'll pull up a seat  :popcrn:

1969chargerrtse

I love white chargers.  A white daytona, with a contrasting black interior, with a red stripe, Cool.  :coolgleamA:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

tan top

sounds like a awesome project !! can't wait to see the progress pictures & stuff  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

jaak