News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The 1hot68 Era comes to an end.....I sold my 68 R/T clone!

Started by Charger-Bodie, August 21, 2009, 11:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

Well,as some of you have already noticed I put my Charger on eBay a couple weeks ago. I got an offer that I could not refuse and the deal is done. This whole deal has stirred alot of emotions in me,but a 69 Hemi Daytona 4 speed clone has always been my dream. Now I have the cash to build just that!

This Charger will always be one of my favorites,and Ive had alot of great times building,showing ,and driving this beast!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

moparstuart

dude sorry to see the 68 go , awesome ride .   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  
 but you will love the hemi daytona just as much i'm sure .   :coolgleamA:  it's a wing thing   :D
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

bull

Traitor! At least I still have Ron. And Troy owns a 68 or two but he doesn't like me. :icon_smile_big:

Silver R/T

I couldn't sell a car that I've put so much effort into
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Ghoste

Does this mean you're changing your username to "Nohot68"?  :D

69*F5*SE

Wow, I'm sure it was hard to let go of.  But, another dream is coming around the corner.  Can't wait to see it happen. Good luck  :yesnod:

1969chargerrtse

Just nice to know you are still in the hobby. A Daytona anything clone is awesome. Can't wait to see you build one.  Do a restoration thread please.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

charge-it

:cheers: Congrats on the sale! I have always admired your car and am proud to own mine. I`ll take over the Bullitt duties from here while you go raise havoc with the Daytona folks.

Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

Dr V

This Damn Car Thing Is Getting Expensive!

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on August 21, 2009, 12:39:35 PM
Just nice to know you are still in the hobby. A Daytona anything clone is awesome. Can't wait to see you build one.  Do a restoration thread please.

Theres already one started in the Aero Cars section.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

mopar_nut_440_6

Sad to see it go I am sure but the wing car will make up for it I am sure and by the looks of it it will not take you long to get it done and I am sure it will be a thing of beauty. Any idea on color scheme for the new one?
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

Blown70

1hotDaytona?  Whats the new screen name....  :scratchchin:

Brian, you do amazing work and cannot wait to see further progress.  :2thumbs:

Now you have more $$ to put into that TONA :cheers:

Tom

69bronzeT5

Glad to see you finally let the cat out of the bag about it :whistling: Hate to see it go...but hey, you'll always have a model version of it! :2thumbs:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

jaak

Good luck, on the Daytona build..... now you know you can get it done having the procedes from the 68 sale.
I always wondered this too, when (and if) I get the 69 done....what next? I could see myself enjoying it for a while, then selling it to fund another project.

Well anyways, keep up the good work,
Jason

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Blown70 on August 21, 2009, 01:33:05 PM
1hotDaytona?  Whats the new screen name....  :scratchchin:

Brian, you do amazing work and cannot wait to see further progress.  :2thumbs:

Now you have more $$ to put into that TONA :cheers:

Tom

Hmmn, 1hotDaytona....I like that. I was thinking of what to change it to, That works for me!

69bronzeT5

Just 6T9 CHGR

Whoa?  WTF!!  When did this happen?  I missed the whole for sale threads?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on August 21, 2009, 03:39:54 PM
Whoa?  WTF!!  When did this happen?  I missed the whole for sale threads?

There where no for sale threads....I put in on eBay on a whim one day,and the rest is history.

472 R/T SE

Well good for you.  Did best of show purchase it?

That was a good lookin' car.  The maroon interior broke up the black real nice.  I'm sure your next project will be nothing less.

I put my purple car up for sale for a weekend.  Enough time for the car I was trying to buy to sell.  :-\

Congrats.

69 OUR/TEA

To bad to see it go,it was an awesome car.I'd have a hard time letting something like that go.Well at least I have some pieces of it,right Brian.

NYCMille

Dude... don't look back - NOW! whatcha' got in mind for this DAYTONA!!  :punkrocka:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: NYCMille on August 21, 2009, 06:03:47 PM
Dude... don't look back - NOW! whatcha' got in mind for this DAYTONA!!  :punkrocka:

540 Hemi 4 speed Dana60 3.54....White with red stripe and wing,black interior....Full rotisserie job. Oh yeah and did I mention a 700 horse Hemi!!!

69bronzeT5

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on August 21, 2009, 06:06:09 PM
Quote from: NYCMille on August 21, 2009, 06:03:47 PM

540 Hemi 4 speed Dana60 3.54....White with red stripe and wing,black interior....Full rotisserie job. Oh yeah and did I mention a 700 horse Hemi!!!

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

TylerCharger69

That was a nice '68 you had there...sorry to see ya sell it, but hopefully it will go into good hands.....The Daytona should be interesting!!!  Keep us posted!!

Tilar

Well, I have to say that your 68 and Mikes original Mr. Angry are the inspiration for my 68 and I have plenty of pics of both on my computer.  I'm betting the Daytona will be just as awesome.

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.