News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The 1hot68 Era comes to an end.....I sold my 68 R/T clone!

Started by Charger-Bodie, August 21, 2009, 11:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

Well,as some of you have already noticed I put my Charger on eBay a couple weeks ago. I got an offer that I could not refuse and the deal is done. This whole deal has stirred alot of emotions in me,but a 69 Hemi Daytona 4 speed clone has always been my dream. Now I have the cash to build just that!

This Charger will always be one of my favorites,and Ive had alot of great times building,showing ,and driving this beast!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

moparstuart

dude sorry to see the 68 go , awesome ride .   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  
 but you will love the hemi daytona just as much i'm sure .   :coolgleamA:  it's a wing thing   :D
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

bull

Traitor! At least I still have Ron. And Troy owns a 68 or two but he doesn't like me. :icon_smile_big:

Silver R/T

I couldn't sell a car that I've put so much effort into
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Ghoste

Does this mean you're changing your username to "Nohot68"?  :D

69*F5*SE

Wow, I'm sure it was hard to let go of.  But, another dream is coming around the corner.  Can't wait to see it happen. Good luck  :yesnod:

1969chargerrtse

Just nice to know you are still in the hobby. A Daytona anything clone is awesome. Can't wait to see you build one.  Do a restoration thread please.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

charge-it

:cheers: Congrats on the sale! I have always admired your car and am proud to own mine. I`ll take over the Bullitt duties from here while you go raise havoc with the Daytona folks.

Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

Dr V

This Damn Car Thing Is Getting Expensive!

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on August 21, 2009, 12:39:35 PM
Just nice to know you are still in the hobby. A Daytona anything clone is awesome. Can't wait to see you build one.  Do a restoration thread please.

Theres already one started in the Aero Cars section.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

mopar_nut_440_6

Sad to see it go I am sure but the wing car will make up for it I am sure and by the looks of it it will not take you long to get it done and I am sure it will be a thing of beauty. Any idea on color scheme for the new one?
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

Blown70

1hotDaytona?  Whats the new screen name....  :scratchchin:

Brian, you do amazing work and cannot wait to see further progress.  :2thumbs:

Now you have more $$ to put into that TONA :cheers:

Tom

69bronzeT5

Glad to see you finally let the cat out of the bag about it :whistling: Hate to see it go...but hey, you'll always have a model version of it! :2thumbs:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

jaak

Good luck, on the Daytona build..... now you know you can get it done having the procedes from the 68 sale.
I always wondered this too, when (and if) I get the 69 done....what next? I could see myself enjoying it for a while, then selling it to fund another project.

Well anyways, keep up the good work,
Jason

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Blown70 on August 21, 2009, 01:33:05 PM
1hotDaytona?  Whats the new screen name....  :scratchchin:

Brian, you do amazing work and cannot wait to see further progress.  :2thumbs:

Now you have more $$ to put into that TONA :cheers:

Tom

Hmmn, 1hotDaytona....I like that. I was thinking of what to change it to, That works for me!

69bronzeT5

Just 6T9 CHGR

Whoa?  WTF!!  When did this happen?  I missed the whole for sale threads?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on August 21, 2009, 03:39:54 PM
Whoa?  WTF!!  When did this happen?  I missed the whole for sale threads?

There where no for sale threads....I put in on eBay on a whim one day,and the rest is history.

472 R/T SE

Well good for you.  Did best of show purchase it?

That was a good lookin' car.  The maroon interior broke up the black real nice.  I'm sure your next project will be nothing less.

I put my purple car up for sale for a weekend.  Enough time for the car I was trying to buy to sell.  :-\

Congrats.

69 OUR/TEA

To bad to see it go,it was an awesome car.I'd have a hard time letting something like that go.Well at least I have some pieces of it,right Brian.

NYCMille

Dude... don't look back - NOW! whatcha' got in mind for this DAYTONA!!  :punkrocka:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: NYCMille on August 21, 2009, 06:03:47 PM
Dude... don't look back - NOW! whatcha' got in mind for this DAYTONA!!  :punkrocka:

540 Hemi 4 speed Dana60 3.54....White with red stripe and wing,black interior....Full rotisserie job. Oh yeah and did I mention a 700 horse Hemi!!!

69bronzeT5

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on August 21, 2009, 06:06:09 PM

540 Hemi 4 speed Dana60 3.54....White with red stripe and wing,black interior....Full rotisserie job. Oh yeah and did I mention a 700 horse Hemi!!!

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

TylerCharger69

That was a nice '68 you had there...sorry to see ya sell it, but hopefully it will go into good hands.....The Daytona should be interesting!!!  Keep us posted!!

Tilar

Well, I have to say that your 68 and Mikes original Mr. Angry are the inspiration for my 68 and I have plenty of pics of both on my computer.  I'm betting the Daytona will be just as awesome.

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

1969chargerrtse

Dude... don't look back - NOW! whatcha' got in mind for this DAYTONA!!  :punkrocka:

Thought you regretted the full resto thing on your "old" car?  Or was that because the underside was black?

Sorry I missed the link, I'm just a simple guy with no wing. ::)  I don't go to the Aero section much.

Can you post it please?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

firefighter3931

Oh yeah and did I mention a 700 horse Hemi!!!

What....only 700hp ?  :D

Congrats on the completed sale buddy.  :2thumbs:

A Hemi Daytona clone should soften the fall from selling off the '68  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

moparstuart

so the hemi is going to cost what you got for the 68  , better get to work making the rest of the money    :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

firefighter3931

Quote from: moparstuart on August 21, 2009, 07:57:05 PM
  so the hemi is going to cost what you got for the 68  ,

Not even close....he could have 3 of those hemeroid engines for what 1hot sold for.  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: firefighter3931 on August 21, 2009, 08:12:44 PM

Not even close....he could have 3 of those hemeroid engines for what 1hot sold for.  :icon_smile_big:

Ron

That is true!!  :yesnod:

moparstuart

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on August 21, 2009, 08:33:03 PM
Quote from: firefighter3931 on August 21, 2009, 08:12:44 PM

Ron
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

That is true!!  :yesnod:
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:   you da man

TUFCAT

WOW. I didn't see that one coming! Hot68 was one of my favorite cars on the board....(I'll get over the shock soon - I hope!)

six-tee-nine

black interior....

Are ya kidding me? white ext. with red stripe......That just screams for a red interior.  :cheers:
I like the 700 horese hemi part alot tough

Looking very much forward to follow the restoration topic, I remember enjoying it alot to follow the 68 progress topic back then....
We like tons of pictures (guess ya did know that already).
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

moparstuart

Quote from: six-tee-nine on August 22, 2009, 02:02:12 PM
black interior....

Are ya kidding me? white ext. with red stripe......That just screams for a red interior.  :cheers:
I like the 700 horese hemi part alot tough

Looking very much forward to follow the restoration topic, I remember enjoying it alot to follow the 68 progress topic back then....
We like tons of pictures (guess ya did know that already).
red     :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

moparstuart

Charger-Bodie

Red interior would be cool ,but Its kind of a been there done that thing for me now...Plus I really think the contrast of the white red and black together will look killer.

Belgium R/T -68

Glad everything turned out OK with the charger and nice to have somebody around with a similar Hemiproject coming up although I'm
not looking for 700 in mine. :2thumbs:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

hemi68charger

Congrads !!!! I know it's bitter sweet letting her go, but you can press on.. I know exactly how you feel..... Good luck on the Daytona build.....  You had one hellva car before, you'll have one hellva car again.......

PS: Maybe I need to do what you've done, change my screenname.....
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

Quote from: hemi68charger on August 23, 2009, 07:27:44 AM
Congrads !!!! I know it's bitter sweet letting her go, but you can press on.. I know exactly how you feel..... Good luck on the Daytona build.....  You had one hellva car before, you'll have one hellva car again.......

PS: Maybe I need to do what you've done, change my screenname.....
daytonatroy 

PocketThunder

Holy Crap Brian, i go away from the computer for two days and come back to this!  Wow!   :o 

That is probably a good idea to just have one car and one money pit.   :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

TUFCAT

Brian, I ALSO like red interior.....and I know you already had red with the 1hot68, but give it another thought.  White with red stripe and red interior just looks right IMO.  :2thumbs:

charge-it

Visit our new website:

moparstuart

Quote from: TUFCAT on August 23, 2009, 08:04:09 PM
Brian, I ALSO like red interior.....and I know you already had red with the 1hot68, but give it another thought.  White with red stripe and red interior just looks right IMO.  :2thumbs:
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

Charger-Bodie

It will be black.... one of the reasons is that the 69 red interior is alot brighter than the 68....I like it in the right color exterior,but I think it might be too much with the white exterior. Plus I just really want it to be black this time.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

jb666

I can't wait to see this come together! I think I'll pull up a seat  :popcrn:

1969chargerrtse

I love white chargers.  A white daytona, with a contrasting black interior, with a red stripe, Cool.  :coolgleamA:

tan top

sounds like a awesome project !! can't wait to see the progress pictures & stuff  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

jaak

TUFCAT

Quote from: jaak on August 24, 2009, 04:41:21 PM
Quote from: b5blue on August 24, 2009, 09:48:47 AM
Black  :cheers:

You know what they say...."once you go black....you never go back"!   :D

Jason

I know that saying....and thankfully, I already went black, and my car has white this time!  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Charger-Bodie

Here are the pics of it loaded and whatnot......Kinda hard to watch it go.  :-\

charge-it

Darn it Brian, I have that same exact trailer. Maybe I could load my 68 into the trailer and take some pics of me unloading it here. Maybe I should sell my 68 Charger R/T clone and build a Daytona clone....nope, not gonna happen. I only have 157 miles on my 68 and definately want to put a whole lot more on it. But I've alway said since I was 16 years old that this Mopar obsession would end with a 69 Daytona...I'm sure your Daytona will be over the top.
Visit our new website:

chargergirl

OOWWW! I know that hurt. Once you start your new baby it won't hurt so bad. Should look amazing...white, red, with black interior. Image that comes to mind is the interior will be like a shadow...makes the car look..."deeper".
Trust your Woobie!

PocketThunder

At least you still have the 1hot68 license plates to hang on the wall in the office for a momento.   :2thumbs:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 25, 2009, 07:14:16 AM
At least you still have the 1hot68 license plates to hang on the wall in the office for a momento.   :2thumbs:

Yep!, and the honk if your horny plate frame!

1970Moparmann

Hey I'm one that understands.  I have always said I would never sell my 70 plum crazy RT, well bottom line is I don't drive it and I'm building my cruiser now that I will have a ton of fun in.  With this decision, you'll have the money you need to build the car how you want without wondering how your going to get $2,500 for a rear end, $6,000 for an engine, on and on and on....... Keep us informed on the Daytona! :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Cole317

694spdRT

Sorry to see it go but excited to watch the Daytona project get going.  :yesnod:
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

69 OUR/TEA

Pretty sad no matter what,watching your car go off to a new owner.I did the picture thing too when they took mine.Nicer trailer for yours though!!

mopar_nut_440_6

Everything goes round and round. I got mine back and perhaps when the Daytona is done and bills are paid yours will come back too. Pf course, by then you may be onto a new project after selling the Daytona, perhaps a non clone!
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

69bronzeT5

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on August 27, 2009, 04:58:53 PM
Quote from: 472 R/T SE on August 21, 2009, 04:52:51 PM
Well good for you.  Did best of show purchase it?

Here, let me answer that for you Mike.

http://inventory.bestofshowautomotive.com/CarDetails_new_arrivals.asp?VIN=131622

Didn't take them long to put it onto their site. Looks awesome with the TT's! $79,900...WOW!

Just 6T9 CHGR

damn bro you F'ed up!!  Did your car look THAT good?  :drool5:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on August 27, 2009, 05:28:17 PM
damn bro you F'ed up!!  Did your car look THAT good?  :drool5:

Well I can tell you this .....They vacuumed it and I would say that's about it.

six-tee-nine

Goddamn   :o :o

And you try to make us buy the fact that you restored that car in like 8 months.....dude....how on earth do you sell this without heart failure?
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: six-tee-nine on August 28, 2009, 11:21:54 AM

And you try to make us buy the fact that you restored that car in like 8 months.....dude....how on earth do you sell this without heart failure?

I restored that car in 5 months and thats a fact.

DavidSL

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

I just had to chime in and say... wow. Good going. That is a GREAT restoration, and whilst I can't imagine letting it go, I'm sure you know what you're doing!  :2thumbs:

By the way, thanks also for me now knowing EXACTLY how I want my car to look when I finally buy one, that red interior with the black paint job...  :drool5: :angel:

:cheers:

69*F5*SE

Rolling_Thunder

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

69bronzeT5

PocketThunder

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on August 28, 2009, 11:27:14 AM

Timmy gets no credit.   :nutkick:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 28, 2009, 02:56:08 PM
Quote from: 1HotDaytona on August 28, 2009, 11:27:14 AM

Timmy gets no credit.   :nutkick:

Oh yeah , Timmy helped too!

1969chargerrtse

You see Brian, after looking at close clear pictures of your car, this is why I say my car is a nice driver.  That thing is mint mint.  :2thumbs:
You thought it would end there,  and there it is on the net. That was fast.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html