News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Manual Disc Brake Conversion Hoses to Use:E-body or 73 Roadrunner?

Started by Chucky3, August 20, 2009, 11:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chucky3

Hi,I need some advice again from you experts.I am doing a manual drum to manual disc conversion on a 1971 Dodge Challenger and the setup I am using states that you use these following components:

Part #
Caliper A1 Cardone    18-4145
Caliper A1 Cardone    18-4144
Hub & Rotor Wagner BD60463 X 2
Inner Bearings  Federal-Mogul L68149 X2
Outer Bearings Federal-Mogul LM11949
Seal  Federal-Mogul 5121 X 2
Brake pads Wagner MX84 (mx7017)
Flex lines Wagner F99069 or BrakeBest Bh99069 (73 RoadRunner)

The item I am asking about is the flex hoses.It says to use 1973 Road Runner ones however, I tried E-body ones for Challengers(70-73) and they seem to thread in fine and appear they will work as well.Which do I use?the E-body(70-73) flex hoses or the 1973 Road Runner ones?I ask in case I am overlooking the length or the way it might fit this particular swap.Can anyone tell me if that matters which hose you use and should the caliper be at the 10 o'clock or the 2 o'clock position?Thank you all! Chucky

bull

Well, if they work they work. Just make sure you've got the calipers on right side up and that when mounted the hoses don't kink or pinch during a full turn both left and right. You obviously have to jack it up and turn each wheel by hand to watch it. Make sure you account for up and down movement too which you can't easily simulate but... try to imagine. :icon_smile_cool: The calipers can be in either 10 o'clock or 2 o'clock (just not 4 o'clock or 8 o'clock) but one of those clock settings requires that the spindles get swapped side-to-side. I don't think there's any sway bar clearance issues on a '73 Runner so as long as the bleeder fittings are somewhere on top you should be fine.