News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Fender tag

Started by C500, November 18, 2005, 03:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C500

Is there a web site that shows which of the options go where on the fender tag (like where the paint code goes ect)?
Like this one for the 1970: http://host219.ipowerweb.com/~1970char/Misc/Fender_Tag.html but for the 68 Charger. I don't have a tag or build sheet and am trying to work out where everything would be on the tag.

Thanks, Kiwi
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

jmanscharger

The 68 Registry http://www.1968dodgechargerregistry.com/
You will find a couple of helpful decodes on this site, We're going through the same thing bro.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,3369.0.html
1968 Silver Charger RT
1969 Yellow Charger 440
1969 Charger General Lee Replica (rescued W.VA car)
1970 Charger RT Daytona Replica
Previous Chargers Owned 66, 68(2), 69(2), 70(3)

C500

Cheers jman, just what I'm after.
Sorry to hi-jack your other thread with my question about my production date.

Kiwi
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

jmanscharger

I had messed up the other thread by giving a wrong number too,  :rotz: I hope MM1 reappears. Lots of great mopar people around here.
1968 Silver Charger RT
1969 Yellow Charger 440
1969 Charger General Lee Replica (rescued W.VA car)
1970 Charger RT Daytona Replica
Previous Chargers Owned 66, 68(2), 69(2), 70(3)

John_Kunkel

While it's not Charger specific, this page is devoted to the '68 fender tag:

http://www.yearone.com/serverfiles/headline.asp?hid=A14AC4666
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

C500

That link goes to a fuel vapor separator ???

C500

I know from my radiator support code that my car was a canadian export car. Does this mean its a 'special order' car and 'sold when built'? And so would the codes on the top right of the fender tag under U W X be 1 6 9?
Also would 5 be the code under the A for buddy seat?

Cheers guys,
Kiwi

JimShine

Did you find that 68 decoder on the registry page to work okay for you? It is ultra low tech, and I always worry it isn't doing the job. I need to educate myself how to use some of the modern web design techniques to make better pages.

C500

It's pretty easy to use.  :)  I have no idea what a couple of the options are though, like decor package and body belt belt moldings.

Not many cars registered with the database. ;)

kiwi

JimShine

I know. I have a couple more to add once I get the problems with my software ironed out.

The belt moldings were standard on all Chargers. It is that chrome trim on the top edge of the doors and along the bottom edge of the rear quarter glass.