News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Snake Skin Green '69 R/T build - UPDATE: 12-4-13 'CHASSIS DYNO RESULTS'

Started by yeahitsgotahemi!, August 20, 2009, 06:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qwick68

Awesome Awesome Awesome.....did notice that yammi in the corner isnt getting much use! LOL
68 Charger LL-1 Turquoise

yeahitsgotahemi!

Quote from: Patronus on February 19, 2011, 06:39:09 PM
that yamaha is WAY too clean

Quote from: qwick68 on March 16, 2011, 10:23:20 AM
Awesome Awesome Awesome.....did notice that yammi in the corner isnt getting much use! LOL

Yeah.. the Yamaha is my cousins. I keep telling him I'm going to start taking it out for him since he doesn't use! I'll give him crap for you guys.
"I don't advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, they just always worked for me"  - Hunter S. Thompson

six-tee-nine

Well I really like your style and the mix of stepping out of the pack  :2thumbs:
I like it and the wheels also
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

PatrickPeeters

Patrick  :punkrocka:

FlatbackFanatic

The tires and wheels look Great!! Can't wait to see them on the car!! :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

BIGBLCK11

:2thumbs: Tire and wheel combo is sweet!  Should look great on the car.  Definitely out the norm for color combo.  I am curious to see them all on, but I think it will look excellent.

Vainglory, Esq.

Patronus

Its fresh! You going to black out all the stainless and bumpers too???
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

yeahitsgotahemi!

Cool, thanks guys. I should have the tires on this weekend, so I'll post more pics than.

Quote from: Patronus on March 17, 2011, 01:14:05 PM
Its fresh! You going to black out all the stainless and bumpers too???

I thought about it, but I think I'll start with the chrome bumpers and go from there.

"I don't advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, they just always worked for me"  - Hunter S. Thompson

Rustymuscle

I absolutely love this car build; so much so, that I did a short recap on the build over on SLTV. I want to thank Mike (yeahitsgotahemi!) for helping out and getting back to me so quickly!

Keep up the good work!
-Kevin
1969 Dodge Charger R/T, 535ci Wedge, 727 w/ GV, Dana 60
1970 Dodge Super Bee
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4
2005 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT HEMI

Blown68Coronet

I have my Coronet in for body & paint, hopefully have it back by end of month.
I followed Mike's build and have gone the same route with color, also going from roots blower to Procharger and will put six pack hood back on, the 2 cars will be very similar. Will start a thread with pics.

Excellant work Mike!!   :2thumbs:

FlatbackFanatic

yeahitsgotahemi!

Rims and tires mounted. Just need a rear axle and some leaf springs and it will be rolling again!  :2thumbs:

yeahitsgotahemi!

Foreman72

i have renamed this thread the "inspiration thread" because man this motivates me!!

one awesome car you have there and you have done outstanding work to get it there  :2thumbs:

Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

G-man

Are those wheels staying that colour?

That colour does not match with green. Way out of place.

The rest of the car is awesome!

Kern Dog

I got in trouble on Moparts on a post about a blue 72 Cuda with aftermarket wheels. One particular guy disliked the big rim look and was a real jerk about it. I called him on it and I got clobbered. I learned from that post that once you deviate from stock wheels, the opinions REALLY come out. I have 18" rims on my Charger and I love the look. I dont care if half of the Mopar crowd thinks that they look cartoonish. I spent the money for what I wanted.
Having said all that, I want to compliment you on the paint! MY god that looks great! The contrast of metallic green with the black looks amazing. I am not a fan of the wheel color, sorry to say. Its your car though. If I was judging a car show I wouldn't let it sway me away from appreciating the rest of the car. I like the wheel design and tire size very much. Its like a modern adaptation of the classic "big and little" pro street look. Very cool. I certainly didnt intend to offend. Just ONE mans opinion.

Hemidog

I like it!  :2thumbs:  You car definitly stands out, in a GOOD way!

LeeBoy

oh man not feelin those wheels  :Twocents:. The color of the car is awesome though  :2thumbs:.
My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)

Patronus

I kinda like it.. good to see someones doing something different.  :icon_smile_tongue:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Brock Samson

that's a sick color combo. very original and you could always have another set of wheels... want to see it done and in the light...

six-tee-nine

If we all had the same taste we all would be driving the same car.....

I actuall like te look and the combination of the colors however it would not be the route I would choose. But I want to give you a big  :2thumbs: and dont let some negative comments get in your way
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

HITMAN 149

yes great job on the car!!!  :2thumbs: LOVE the color!!! just not to crazy about the wheels... but it's YOUR CAR!!!!
:cheers:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

FlatbackFanatic

pipeliner

Love the Car,not diggin the tire-rim combo for me anyhow.I gurantee to hell you wont see one like it around but you might now :2thumbs: