News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Snake Skin Green '69 R/T build - UPDATE: 12-4-13 'CHASSIS DYNO RESULTS'

Started by yeahitsgotahemi!, August 20, 2009, 06:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yeahitsgotahemi!

I think thats pretty much it for now. The next step is getting the front suspension all rebuilt and getting the car rolling. Then it will be time to build the motor!!!

:coolgleamA:
"I don't advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, they just always worked for me"  - Hunter S. Thompson

69bronzeT5

What's your plan for the car? Like why you put a cage in it and everything :popcrn:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Brock Samson

:coolgleamA: retina searing - I love that color...  :yesnod:

Rolling_Thunder

that is indeed a hot color - thinking about that for my 69 Road Runner...     :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Just 6T9 CHGR

Awesome metal work....definitely have skills there man :thumbs:

I hope no one gets locked in the trunk now...no way they're getting out now ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

jbweems

Awesome color!  Keep the pics coming.

Britt
1972 Charger
2004 Ram 1500

2Gunz

moparstuart

mad  metal skills man  , just awesome

great color choice   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

LeadfootBob

SERIOUS work across the board - very inspiring! Sometimes I wish we could just leave all the welds visible so people could understand the amount of work that goes into a build...
Proud member of the jack stand racing team since 1999.
'70 Charger 500: "Bronson", some kind of hillbilly hot rod in progress.
'89 Chevy Caprice 9C1: "it's got a cop motor..."

Silver R/T

Very nice job on Charger. Impressive bodywork/sheetmetal skills. I love that color green
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

yeahitsgotahemi!

Thanks for the kind words everybody! The color is definately awesome, I can't believe how well it turned out. I was originally going to go with sublime, but after I saw a new viper that had the color, I changed my mind, and I'm really glad I did.  Best part about it is that its actually a mopar color!

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on August 20, 2009, 07:58:27 PM
What's your plan for the car? Like why you put a cage in it and everything :popcrn:

I think I might have covered the cage stuff in the other thread I posted a link for, but in case I didn't:

- I got in an accident in my '65 mustang and decided I wanted the added safety of a cage in this car.
- Added torsional rigidty. The car will launch harder and turn quicker.
- I think the added strength will help get rid of those wierd old car vibrations.
- I really wanted the experience of building a cage. I think it was the most fun part of the build.
- Rollcages look badass, and you need it if you break in the 10s.

"I don't advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, they just always worked for me"  - Hunter S. Thompson

69*F5*SE

yeahitsgotahemi!

Future plans? Well, I'm basically building a real mean weekend warrior/street machine. I also wanted to step my game up, and figured a hot muslce car couldn't hurt with picking up the ladies!  :lol:

The engine is going to be a monster 440 stroker. Behind it will be a reverse manual valvebody 727, and after that a Dana 60 with a detroit locker and 4:10 gears.  Rims will be black powder coated street lites, 15x12 in back under the mini tubs with some mickey thompson rubber. A 15.5" wide tire will fit. 15x7" rim up front. The interior will have alot of stock parts, including the rear seat, door panels and upper pads etc. I will get different front seats, I'm thinking some corbeau BAJA seats right now, but I'm not sold on those yet. The guages will be Autometer, so I will have to fabricate something custom, but preferably in the same layout as the original cluster. As far as suspension goes, I'm keeping the front mostly stock. MOOG parts. Possibly a flaming river manual box. The back will get caltracs and monoleafs.

I'm hoping to finish it by this time next year, but that is very optimistic.    

yeahitsgotahemi!

Oh yeah, I also want to thank all the members here. All the info posted here was invaluable to getting to this point.  :cheers:

moparstuart

Quote from: yeahitsgotahemi! on August 21, 2009, 03:57:03 PM
Future plans? Well, I'm basically building a real mean weekend warrior/street machine. I also wanted to step my game up, and figured a hot muslce car couldn't hurt with picking up the ladies!  :lol:

The engine is going to be a monster 440 stroker. Behind it will be a reverse manual valvebody 727, and after that a Dana 60 with a detroit locker and 4:10 gears.  Rims will be black powder coated street lites, 15x12 in back under the mini tubs with some mickey thompson rubber. A 15.5" wide tire will fit. 15x7" rim up front. The interior will have alot of stock parts, including the rear seat, door panels and upper pads etc. I will get different front seats, I'm thinking some corbeau BAJA seats right now, but I'm not sold on those yet. The guages will be Autometer, so I will have to fabricate something custom, but preferably in the same layout as the original cluster. As far as suspension goes, I'm keeping the front mostly stock. MOOG parts. Possibly a flaming river manual box. The back will get caltracs and monoleafs.

you had me at hello   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Brock Samson

I'd sure like some more Pics... This is a Charger I really want to see in person!   :yesnod:  :drool5: :popcrn:

NMike

very nice work. did you ever think of running an air or electriclocker instead? makes drivng around alot nicer...

yeahitsgotahemi!

Sorry, nothing new yet. I'm saving money right now. 

Quote from: NMike on September 13, 2009, 08:40:38 PM
very nice work. did you ever think of running an air or electriclocker instead? makes drivng around alot nicer...

To be honest, I have a detroit locker in my Mustang, and I have to say that I really enjoy it. When I want to do donuts, there's no substitue for the detroit locker!

yeahitsgotahemi!

I bought some rear tail panel trim and thought I would post it up. A company called Vans Auto (http://vansauto.com) carries them. Other members on the forum said they found repops on ebay, but the seller apparently ran out. With a little bit of searching I found the seller above. They cost some coin, ~170, but these were the last trim pieces I needed, and finding decent original pot metal ones is impossible.

I was pleased with the fit and quality. Also, I bought them locally in Phoenix from a vendor called RPC for those of you in the area. 

yeahitsgotahemi!

I'm planning on buying a flaming river manual box, the power to manual coupler, and some other goods to finish off the front suspension. Hopefully I'll have some pics posted up of that in the next month or so.

I was also planning on buying a wilwood disc brake kit. Its seems that 'just suspension' has a pretty good deal. Anyone know of somewhere more competitive? Also, I was planning on running the 12.19" rotors with 15" billet street lites, hopefully they fit, anyone got a clue about that?

Another question I had regarding the discs - I was told that drilled and vented rotors cannot be turned? Is this true. I might lean towards getting the non-drilled ones if I they aren't servicable. 

Thanks in advance.

SG1022

Quote from: moparstuart on August 21, 2009, 04:37:42 PM
Quote from: yeahitsgotahemi! on August 21, 2009, 03:57:03 PM

you had me at hello   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

elacruze

:o  :dance:  :notworthy:

Man, if I was going to have any color other than original silver, that would be it. A thousand kudos to your skills.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Marck

That Charger looks awesome... You really have the skills to do that, and I can't wait to see the finished result..  :2thumbs:

noff57

twodko

Not much I can add to the other members' posts but......your metal skills are impressive indeed. I was all over woodshop but never learned how to weld so I really appreciate that kind of work. Your car is gonna be a looker! Congrats.

Tom.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!