News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Snake Skin Green '69 R/T build - UPDATE: 12-4-13 'CHASSIS DYNO RESULTS'

Started by yeahitsgotahemi!, August 20, 2009, 06:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yeahitsgotahemi!

1) For the radiator I bought a fan & shroud assembly off a Ford Contour. These are popular with the off-road crowd and they fit really nice and apparently pull some serious air flow. I bought the fans new for $100 and I can already tell they'll be way better then the perma-cool fans I bought (they were not pulling enough flow and I was having over-heating problems). They pull 30 amps so I had to upgrade the alternator to a 100 amp unit.

2) Shot of the engine with the filter on it.

3) The picture of the radiator opening was to show the solenoid I bought for the vacuum headlights. For those of you without a headlight switch or if your wanting to go electric with the switch, you can use a direct operating pneumatic valve that runs off 12V. I hooked mine up to a regular non-charger Mopar headlight switch so I don't have the vacuum lines running all the way to the switch and back. You can also see the aluminum vacuum reservoir I bought from summit, which is much nicer than the stock coffee can units. Its got a vacuum gauge hooked up that I can see from under the bumper, but isn't obvious unless your looking for it.

4) This pic is showing the work done on the stock tank. I welded an internal sump in it and also welded some male NPT bungs so the AN fittings bolt right up. Caltracs are in...love caltracs.
"I don't advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, they just always worked for me"  - Hunter S. Thompson

yeahitsgotahemi!

1)  Fire extinguisher that is mounted on the roll bar with a quick release pin..safety first!

2) Another interior shot. Sportcomp II gauges in custom aluminum dash. The brake and gas pedals are from XV, but I machined the foot brake pedal myself since no one offers them. Billet specialties steering wheel. Corbeau Baja seats which are real comfy and look like they belong in a muscle car (as opposed to those euro/asian Sparco style race seats that you seat a lot).

3) Shot of the rear with the rear glass and trim in. I have LEDs in the tail lights.
"I don't advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, they just always worked for me"  - Hunter S. Thompson

firefighter3931

Quote from: yeahitsgotahemi! on July 10, 2013, 02:24:33 AM

Thanks Ron, I closely followed some of the 'proven engines' combos, so all your tips littered through out that section helped me build it! Thanks!  :cheers:

You're welcome....glad to hear that Forum helped you sort it out. If Dwayne prepped your heads i can guarantee you they are perfect !  :bow: The 337 intake makes excellent power and it is low enough to clear a stock hood if you wanted to. It had much better throttle response than the taller Indy single plane on my stroker when we dynoed it. That engine is going to be an animal....you'll luv it  :drool5:

Good thing you got the Dana because an 8 3/4 would be toast in short order !  :lol:

Those seats look fantastic. I would imagine a lot more comfortable than the factory seats  :2thumbs:

My Buddy Kevin (Blown68) is just finishing up his 68 Coronet and painted it the same snakeskin green and it looks killer. Like yours it has a flat black 'glass hood and black tail stripe. He's also using a Weld drag wheel with with gold centers. I can only imagine what these two cars would look like sitting side by side in the sun  :coolgleamA:

I'll have to get him to post up a few pics sometime soon.

Keep at it....the craftsmanship and attention to detail is outstanding.  :bow:

Ron

68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

fy469rtse

Update,  :popcrn: :drool5: what's the latest , you can't leave us hanging, this car is just something else, not sure on the wheels but they do start to grow on you,
Hey and no one is ever going to mistake this car for someone else's.
Post video if you ran that engine, I have done a couple of similar and varied engines, would love o hear how it urged out

yeahitsgotahemi!

Thanks for the interest. I've been battling issues with the transmission and should have that buttoned up (I hope) by this weekend. I'll follow up with some more pictures in a few days.

MS

TexasGeneral

thrillbilly

Amazing color, and please, please, please!!!  Leave those wheels that color, they make that car dude!!
"She ain't revved till the rods are thrown"  DBT

yeahitsgotahemi!

Quote from: TexasGeneral on November 06, 2013, 11:08:07 PM
Awesome car! Where did you source the grill?

The grill is stock and was restored by me.

Some pictures of the Charger out on the street. Ran into some gentlemen with really clean rides.

The Challenger was really nice, had a new Hemi engine in it.

yeahitsgotahemi!

Few more. Still have a list of things to finish, but its mostly complete now.

yeahitsgotahemi!

Few notes:

Had cooling problems. I ended up buying a new radiator with 3" thick core from Wizard Cooling. The cheap ebay radiator, although nice, didn't have the cooling capacity for the 512 and 110C weather no matter what combo of fans I tried. I used a SPAL pusher (don't buy anything else, all other electric fans I tried were junk), and a flex type fan (stainless) on the front.

Transmission was a lot of fun. Blew it up after 300 miles, sprag let go. Company was good about it and warrantied the trans.

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

BrianShaughnessy

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

SuperJim

Jim
Supercar Collectibles, Ltd.
http://www.supercar1.com/index.php

el dub

Sweet ride. I was going through old threads and saw your car. Loved the color and painted mine the same. Those rims set off the bronze pearl in the paint. Nice.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

TPR

1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

Stevearino

tsmithae

Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

yeahitsgotahemi!

Yep, a few jet changes and some timing = 681 RWftlbs and 441 RWhp. Not to shabby. I figured it was going to make 100 less torque and 100 more hp, but hey?

Seems like it wants more cam? I'll enjoy it as is for now. Maybe help pull some buildings down or move a train...

If I assume 25% drivetrain loss, thats roughly 900 ftlbs / 590 hp at the crank.

MS

fy469rtse

yup that will do unless you want to open up a space time continuum , great result on the dyno figures :2thumbs:

WHITE AND RED 69

Damn!!! That's some good power numbers, what a torque monster! Better invest in extra sets of tires.  :lol:  Great work, it's a beauty   :2thumbs:  
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

tan top

:o  over  680 lbsft at  twenty eight hundred  ,    strong motor  , charger looks mean & nasty  :yesnod:  great stuff  :cheers:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

War wagon

X6  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: