News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Value of matching numbers, fender tags and buildsheets.

Started by fastmark, February 08, 2014, 07:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fastmark

I'm just trying to get an idea of the added value of a car that has a matching engine, original fender tag and two build sheets. The car in question is a 69 Charger R/T. How much should it add to the value of a project car vs when its finished? Thanks

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: fastmark on February 08, 2014, 07:25:49 PM
I'm just trying to get an idea of the added value of a car that has a matching engine, original fender tag and two build sheets. The car in question is a 69 Charger R/T. How much should it add to the value of a project car vs when its finished? Thanks

Alot you will make some profit if you restore yourself....

ws23rt

The value will be higher with original everything. Documentation adds to that value.

I see this as not changing and even being more important as time passes.

To some these cars are time capsules and the value is in what they were when made.  To others they are a shape and style that can be duplicated and repaired forever.

Value is in the mind of the buyer and seller but the original is not growing in numbers to meet demand. Their are still many with money that always wanted a charger and might just pay for one before they can't. Many of those that I'm thinking of would prefer the real thing. :Twocents:

charger_fan_4ever

I will take a stab at it. If im buying 25% extra for a finished car and 35% on a project. if its got all ie motor,trans,b sheet,f tag