News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

RIGHT HAND drive Hemi GTX

Started by 68X426, August 22, 2009, 04:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

mikesbbody

Some Aussie Chargers are in the USA wasnt there a Superbird or Daytona that came back from Australia (where it was converted to RHD)?

Ghoste

Yes, that Daytona belongs to one of the members here, Onebadsuperbird.  I have seen a right hand drive Challenger over here as well.  There are some other Australian Chrysler products over here too that have been left as rhd, not many but a few. 

ITSA426

Someone has a silver 67 383 Charger with right hand drive.  I pulled up next to it at a stop light in Rhode Island and wasn't sure at first what was different.  The car pulled away before I got my camera out.  Then it turned up for sale at a big show a couple years ago.  It might belong to a member here now.  I would have liked to have made an offer on it.  Oh well.  Maybe another time.

A383Wing

I got pics of a first gen Charger that is RHD....somewhere....I think it's red if I'm not mistaken....gotta look through my hard-drive on the other computer

Ghoste

Now that you say that I realized I have pics of that car too.  I don't know where I got them though, I do not believe I have seen that car in person.

Nacho-RT74

right hand with booster at left ?...

Long rods/links don't you think ?
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

A383Wing

Or a very wide "Z" bar for the brake pedal.....wonder how they did the clutch linkage?

71_Charger_R/T

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on August 22, 2009, 08:46:32 PM

I noticed that too. How do they fit all the pedals and linkage stuff on the right side with the heaterbox over there too? Or do they flip that as well? If they do, how is there room for the linkage to push the brake master cyl,?  I'd like to see one in person to see how it was done.

mikesbbody

Quote from: ITSA426 on August 22, 2009, 07:29:08 PM
Someone has a silver 67 383 Charger with right hand drive.  I pulled up next to it at a stop light in Rhode Island and wasn't sure at first what was different.  The car pulled away before I got my camera out.  Then it turned up for sale at a big show a couple years ago.  It might belong to a member here now.  I would have liked to have made an offer on it.  Oh well.  Maybe another time.

I've never taken much notice of American car's that are converted, but I think eveything under the hood is changed over but I could be wrong. That 67 Charger was probably one that was here in New Zealand most American cars are left alone as LHD but this one was RHD and a crew member from the America's cup Boat bought it and took it back to the USA I'm sure it must be the same one.

Ghoste

charger Downunder

Her is some pics of whats gone on with my car to make it RHD.

[/quote]

Ghoste

charger Downunder

Steering box and booster still on left side,rear reverse lights moved outwards to be used as blinkes with orange globes.Front wipers were left alone.

[/quote]

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: mikesbbody on August 23, 2009, 12:08:32 AM
I've never taken much notice of American car's that are converted, but I think eveything under the hood is changed over but I could be wrong.

yes I thought that too... but I think have been explained with details by charger Downunder. very interesting job to make the conversion!

nice idea about the rear blinkers!!!. I should have done on similar way but keeping back up lamps, but still a very nide idea
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

BigBlackDodge

I need one of those if only to get my right arm as tan as my left! :coolgleamA:

BBD

mikesbbody

Quote from: Ghoste on August 23, 2009, 12:16:07 AM
Mike, you're in New Zealand?

Yes, born and raised here met Johnny six pack when he came here back in 2007  :2thumbs:

alcusswhen

Quote from: mikesbbody on August 23, 2009, 12:08:32 AM
Quote from: ITSA426 on August 22, 2009, 07:29:08 PM

I've never taken much notice of American car's that are converted, but I think eveything under the hood is changed over but I could be wrong. That 67 Charger was probably one that was here in New Zealand most American cars are left alone as LHD but this one was RHD and a crew member from the America's cup Boat bought it and took it back to the USA I'm sure it must be the same one.

Its law in Australia that you convert to right hand to tag and drive it.
Bone 7

73 Charger SE/ 318/391 stroker, 2500 Boss Hogg converter/ 391 sure grip.
07 Charger R/T

mikesbbody

It use to be the law but not now you can drive LHD there now. I think it might have to be a certain age though if any Aussie members chime in they can answer that one.

aussiemuscle

varies state to state: NSW it's 30 yo. :eek2: which suks, because i have an 88 firebird (cant' reg LHD until 2018).  :brickwall:

Quote from: Ghoste on August 23, 2009, 01:42:19 AM
So it's no small undertaking?
i remember reading the development of the RHD Valiant by Chysler Australia, they had to massage stuff to work around the Slant Six, which made it hard.