News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Back from Alaska with some pics...

Started by Brock Samson, August 18, 2009, 02:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dans 68

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 19, 2009, 02:27:02 PM
your a CPA ain't ya' Dan?..   :scratchchin: I'd love to see your pics,.. where'd you go?..  :popcrn: ....

Nope. A simple mechanical engineer who is now playing at being a landscaping contractor. We flew into Puerto Rico and traveled the eastern Carribean Islands, starting with Barbados, then St. Lucia, Antigua, St Maarten, St. Thomas and back in San Juan for a few days. I also went diving and have attached my favorite photo (wreck dive with a dive guide) of that venue.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Brock Samson

Wow! that's a truly excellent picture!  :2thumbs:

Brock Samson

O.K. See that first hill behind the antenna in the last pic?.. well,..  with the help of Jeff a frindly local guide we met in the parking lot,.. my pal Ed and I got off the beaten track taken by most of the cruise ship passengers and got out in nature - eventually climbing that hill to get an overview of the area,.. but first, since i wanna do these pics Chronologically I'll post some of the totems and Alaskan native handiwork,..
like this sweet bike the owner built himself,..  :drool5:

Brock Samson

Brock Samson

... files too large...
re-sizing re nameing 'n re-submitting,..  :shruggy:   :brickwall:
i dunno which of the four is causeing the error messeges,.. this is why i was testing earlier,..
I'll do them one each,..  :scratchchin:
now, i've allready submitted the post,.. well, like yeah..  :slap: :brickwall:

Brock Samson

:icon_smile_wink:

Brock Samson

Here's some pics of our climb up the hill,.. nice to be on some solid ground away from the ship,.. in and among the birch trees..

Brock Samson

Note that this is petrified wood,..

Brock Samson

Wonder if anyone can guess the make of the motor,..
:D but i doubt anyone can guess how it got way up there...  :shruggy:

Ours is the second of the four cruise ships.

Our guide's grandma (a second Gen. Alaskian) sold her collection of Native crafts to the museum which he took us to see,.. said she netted 3.2 Mill. some years ago..  :popcrn:

Brock Samson

a couple more then i gotta go do life,..  :shruggy:

moparstuart

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 19, 2009, 03:52:42 PM

Our guide's grandma (a second Gen. Alaskian) sold her collection of Native crafts to the museum which he took us to see,.. said she netted 3.2 Mill. some years ago..  :popcrn:
:shruggy: :D :D :D :D
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Brock Samson

Funny story about this,.. I told our guide to give us the insiders' tour,.. so for a few hours we roamed around the area,.. at one point I thought it would be cool to see the graveyard and read tombstones,.. so he took us and mentioned that "Dolly" was "buried over there somewhere",.. I thought he meant "Dali" as in "Salvadore" the world renowned sullerialist,.. so i was truckin all over the place lookin for his tombstone i figgured would be some really cool melted watch,.. or something,..
and wondering why on earth he would end up planted in Alaska?..  :scratchchin:  :shruggy:

I found out much, much later in the day, "Dolly" was the most famous whore in Ketchikan..  :eek2:

:leaving:

tan top

Quote from: moparstuart on August 19, 2009, 04:04:30 PM
Quote from: Brock Samson on August 19, 2009, 03:52:42 PM

:shruggy: :D :D :D :D

think its a VW motor out of a golf or something  :scratchchin: :icon_smile_tongue:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

AKcharger

OK these no way I can allow this post to go without MY AK photos...here's Alaskasuebear and I at Katmai Nat'l park last weekend to view bears...that one got within 15 feet of us

Manfred318

Niiiice pics :yesnod: :2thumbs: Man Id like to go there one of these days.

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

jb666

My God, you got some GORGEOUS shots there. Thank you for sharing them, I love the assortment!!!!  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Brock Samson

to continue with the pictures from Ketchikan, our first day in Alaska...
  This is the fishing fleet as seen upon our return,.. our home on the waves.
   my intrepid pal Edward and a wild snoreaxe in disguise... kinda'..  :shruggy:

Brock Samson

edward and the snoreaxe..

Brock Samson

:shruggy:   :D  :smilielol:
   anyhow,..
Here's a demo. of how with the use of the Binoculars i could get some great zoom shots,.. many of these were taken this way and and I've pretty much got this technique down now... i also use telescopes when they're Avail..
though not on this trip.
about this time, the leather strap holding the binocs broke in two places at the same time, i caught them before they went in the drink and repaired them with string Edward had brought along,..  :shruggy:  just why the leather desided to disintigrate at that very moment i have no idea,.. but that leather pretty much turned into powder before my eyes,.. some strange atmospheric thing i guess... sure glad i caught them in time...

Brock Samson

We left Ketchikan and i took some shots of the airport and ferry landing,.. the ship sure makes a great camara platform...

Brock Samson

those pics are no big whoop,..
but soon we were on our way out via the "Inside Passage" and I will tell you now - every minute it got more and more beautiful,.. words cannot possibly express the glory of this magnificent afternoon, the weather was perfect in the upper 70s and the water was just like glass,.. I'll let the pictures do the talking, but OMG!!! a day I wont soon forget.

Brock Samson

At one point i had to hit the can and made an Elvis sighting..  :shruggy:

Brock Samson

Brock Samson

the curvature of the earth is plainly visible in virtually every shot,.. I took many panorama shots from left to right back again and when possible 360 degrees from the very top of the ship,.. I've yet to print them all out but i suspect I've got some really great ones,...

Silver R/T

thanks for pics, looks like fun cruise.
Hotdogs and french fries is that all for lunch? I would've thought they'd serve something more fancy
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722