News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My 1st old Charger found and bought it back.

Started by BrianShaughnessy, August 18, 2009, 10:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaak

:2thumbs: Awesome! I know you have to be thrilled!! I love reading these car reunion stories.

Jason

BrianShaughnessy

Chris:  with and without flash.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Ghoste

Charger440RDN

Looks good overall, definitely seen much worse get restored, congrats and Good luck! :2thumbs:

ZSmithersCharges

Looks like fun!  :cheers: When you gonna start opening the wallet(aside from purchase price)  :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

tan top

awesome stuff Brian , finaly got to sit behind the wheel of your time machine  :yesnod:  im pleased for you dude  :coolgleamA:  :dance:  , looking forward to reading & seeing more pictures :yesnod:  :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

resq302

Congrats on the find of a lifetime.  Certainly will bring back a lot of memories.  Thanks for sharing this inspiring story. Be nice if I could find my old Datsun 280ZX turbo 5 spd, although after I restored it back in 1994, it started rusting away again the following year.  Probably scrapped by now.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

BrianShaughnessy

Thanks to Chris' registry I found a pic of a non vinyl T-5 black stripe RT.   Them dogdishes do nothin for me but the rest I really like.

Codename:   Sinnamon    :coolgleamA: ( Sounds like a great stripper name   ;D )   

bmoparmofo

Congrads on getting your old ride back! That has to be a great feeling.If my 68 barracuda was still around, I would try to get it back. I assume its in mopar heaven though. :'(
69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383

PocketThunder

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on September 02, 2009, 03:51:18 PM
Thanks to Chris' registry I found a pic of a non vinyl T-5 black stripe RT.   Them dogdishes do nothin for me but the rest I really like.

Codename:   Sinnamon    :coolgleamA: ( Sounds like a great stripper name   ;D )   

All my cars get stripper names.   :naughty:

My daily driver is a Mercury Mystique, appropriately named "Misty"  :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69 OUR/TEA

Once again congrats Brian,T5 is one of my fav colors!!!!! I'm with ya on the dog dish,never did anything for me either.Magnums or cragars??????Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,some new slots?????

Khyron

Congrats on getting the old girl back. give me a call. I would love to come down and see the old girl...

and shame on the people that tried to buy it out from under you. That's disappointing, but I'm happy you prevailed!

BTW: I can give those slots a good home if your going to change them up LOL

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

A34

Congrats dude !!

My Green R/T is called Roxanne. Because in 1983 it was, "cheap and fast".

She is still fast, but no longer cheap........

::)
Looking for NOS parts for 69 Charger - whatcha got?
God Bless America, Our Troops and Their Families !
Deo Vindice

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Khyron on September 02, 2009, 07:12:29 PM
Congrats on getting the old girl back. give me a call. I would love to come down and see the old girl...

and shame on the people that tried to buy it out from under you. That's disappointing, but I'm happy you prevailed!

BTW: I can give those slots a good home if your going to change them up LOL

Thanks man!!!!!!

Those slots will have to go somewhere but it won't be for free.   And I have to correct earlier statement that they were 15's (unless they got changed out which is unlikely).    They're 14's.   But somebody put on a new set of L60-14 rear and G60-14 fronts  on them somewhere in time.   

Gonna investigate my options but it's a toss between  cragars, 500's and repro recall wheels.   

chargergirl

I would have to travel back home to Maui to find my old Challenger...my first car. Great story enjoy and yeah certain Mopars sell for amazing money. Our friend restored a 500 that has a story, Blue Angel car, now owned by a man who owns a winery in CA. The car is appraised for just under $400k. It was really amazing to see the responses to the car at Garlits. A self proclamed Mopar Expert..."they call me Mr. Mopar" said that this that and the other were incorrect blah, blah, blah! Of course the man standing next to him, knew the original owner, flew with him, and just looked at the guy and smiled. What can you say to one who knows ALL. The car is dang near original and flawless.
Trust your Woobie!

Khyron

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on September 03, 2009, 06:30:35 AM
Thanks man!!!!!!

Those slots will have to go somewhere but it won't be for free.   And I have to correct earlier statement that they were 15's (unless they got changed out which is unlikely).    They're 14's.   But somebody put on a new set of L60-14 rear and G60-14 fronts  on them somewhere in time.   

Gonna investigate my options but it's a toss between  cragars, 500's and repro recall wheels.   

hehe it's cool, but I have a set of 14's. I was hoping they where 15's. If you find a set, let me know ;) Actually I just need 2.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

quapman

Quote from: resq302 on September 01, 2009, 11:50:17 AM
Congrats on the find of a lifetime.  Certainly will bring back a lot of memories.  Thanks for sharing this inspiring story. Be nice if I could find my old Datsun 280ZX turbo 5 spd, although after I restored it back in 1994, it started rusting away again the following year.  Probably scrapped by now.

I sold a Charger to a guy in PA with a Z for sale. Not sure if it was a turbo, though.

resq302

Quote from: quapman on September 04, 2009, 04:48:36 PM
Quote from: resq302 on September 01, 2009, 11:50:17 AM

I sold a Charger to a guy in PA with a Z for sale. Not sure if it was a turbo, though.

Thanks but I don't think I would ever own another recycled metal piece of $hit. 
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto