News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968 Orange Charger Production Numbers?

Started by Dr V, August 18, 2009, 07:54:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

FWIW, any 999 paint 68 car is rare, the Bengal ones just qualify as being rare of the rare.

Dr V

Quote from: Ghoste on August 20, 2009, 12:31:33 PM
FWIW, any 999 paint 68 car is rare, the Bengal ones just qualify as being rare of the rare.

I thought so too Ghoste.   Point well taken.  I just have a lttle harder time shelling 31k out for a non-R/T charger.   LOL
This Damn Car Thing Is Getting Expensive!

moparstuart

my buddy ronnie has a pair just like yours
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Dr V

Beautiful!!    Those are my two most favorite cars in the fleet to drive.   The viper is just sickening fast.

68X426

Quote from: moparstuart on August 20, 2009, 01:31:30 PM

He better have a pair when he explains the purchase to the wife.  :smilielol:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

moparstuart

Quote from: 68X426 on August 20, 2009, 01:53:34 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on August 20, 2009, 01:31:30 PM

He better have a pair when he explains the purchase to the wife.  :smilielol:
he bought the challenger for his wife , Its just an  R/T but its nice .
He just retired from the rail road and brings home about the same as when he was working .

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

bull

Quote from: Dr V on August 20, 2009, 07:46:45 AM
This car did come with a factory black top and special order orange.   The badge holes may have been filled in at the repaint.   Not Sure?      In everyomes opinion.    Is 31 or 32K  too much for this car?????

Those badges may have been held on with adhesive, I just don't know, but you might look and feel around the inside of the fenders for evidence of welding. Not sure why someone would want to get rid of the emblem unless he was a die-hard Steelers fan. :D But then that begs the question, why would a Steelers fan want a Bengal Charger? :nana: It also makes me wonder why someone would order a 68 that looks just like a Bengal Charger if it isn't one but I didn't catch what color it was originally. Also, do you know where the car was originally registered? I can't imagine too many of these cars being sold to anyone outside of Ohio when they were new.

I sent an email to someone who owns a Bengal Charger asking about the emblem but I haven't heard back.

bull

I heard back from Clair, the owner of one of the R/T Bengal Chargers:

"Hi, Curtis I'm afraid there's not a hole lot to see right now. I could have a new Viper in my garage with the money I have in this car. I had it disassembled and bead blasted 3 years ago.Than had to have it put on hold with two of my kids getting out of Collage and to more going in starting next year. I'm at my low point with it for a the time being. I've been on the hunt for more NOS sheet metal for the car. I'm still looking for the Dutchman panel, the right trunk extension and outer wheel walls. As for the emblems I have a set that haven't been put on yet, they have the studs and nuts. As for seeing the car I'm in the Flint Michigan area. Give me a call 1-810-908-XXXX. Thanks for the e-mail, Clair"

Her phone number is in the Bengal Charger thread I linked before if anyone wants it. I just don't want her blaming me if one of you yahoos calls her and acts like an idiot. :D

Dr V

Bull,   it is definitely an original orange car, more like a pale orange or go mango.   It is a calif desert car and has all its original panels and seam sealer.   The guy that owns it now has known its history since 1973 and knows he has a rare mopar but wants to cut his collection of 4 cars down to 2.   So this and another is up on the block.   The bengal thing isnt a must for me but if im droppin over 30 on a charger I want it to only be 1 of a handful.  And I think it is with the paint and the inland/console.

bull

Quote from: Dr V on August 20, 2009, 08:24:46 PM
Bull,   it is definitely an original orange car, more like a pale orange or go mango.   It is a calif desert car and has all its original panels and seam sealer.   The guy that owns it now has known its history since 1973 and knows he has a rare mopar but wants to cut his collection of 4 cars down to 2.   So this and another is up on the block.   The bengal thing isnt a must for me but if im droppin over 30 on a charger I want it to only be 1 of a handful.  And I think it is with the paint and the inland/console.

Does the guy know where it originally came from? Like I said before, I can't imagine a new Bengal Charger being sold outside of Ohio.

Troy

Quote from: bull on August 20, 2009, 08:46:54 PM

Does the guy know where it originally came from? Like I said before, I can't imagine a new Bengal Charger being sold outside of Ohio.
They were all sold at one dealership.

I wish I had taken more pictures now... :(

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

hemi-hampton

If you like it buy it, Bengal or not. I think it would be hard to prove a Bengal if the Emblems are long gone. A window Sticker, Broadcast sheet, Factory Invoice, original Sales receipt &/or dealer paper work ect. ect. may help if they had it but long shot. LEON.

bull

Quote from: Troy on August 20, 2009, 10:17:40 PM
Quote from: bull on August 20, 2009, 08:46:54 PM
Bull,   it is definitely an original orange car, more like a pale orange or go mango.   It is a calif desert car and has all its original panels and seam sealer.   The guy that owns it now has known its history since 1973 and knows he has a rare mopar but wants to cut his collection of 4 cars down to 2.   So this and another is up on the block.   The bengal thing isnt a must for me but if im droppin over 30 on a charger I want it to only be 1 of a handful.  And I think it is with the paint and the inland/console.

They were all sold at one dealership.

I wish I had taken more pictures now... :(

Troy

That's what I was trying to get at. Not too many people from out of town or out of state would have driven to this one dealership to buy a car so Dr. V's 999 car should have been first registered to someone nearby.

Anyway, Clair has a list of all the known Bengal Charger VINs: "Curtis I have all the VIN numbers on file if you can get his to me and the build date I will see if it is close to one of the Bengal cars already found. As for the emblems if you open up the doors and look inside the fenders you should see were the holes were drilled for them.What about the build sheet? The black stripe was free from Chrysler because the dealer ordered 50 cars at one time. Have him check for that to. Clair"

Dr V

I need to get the specifics but I think the car was sold in ohio, It went to cali for 30 years and this guy bought it and brought it back from there to his place in ohio an hour north of columbus 2 years ago.   It is there now and is for sale privately.    So theres probly a 50/50 chance of it being a bengal.  The vin is being sent to me in the next few days.