News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Progress - Tinted glass installed

Started by yeahitsgotahemi!, August 17, 2009, 04:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yeahitsgotahemi!

I finally got the door glass and the quarter windows installed. To save money, I decided to powder coat some pot metal pieces instead of rechroming. As you can tell, the vent frames were powder coated. I'm very pleased with the result, and think it goes really well with the dark tint.  
"I don't advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, they just always worked for me"  - Hunter S. Thompson

mopar73

Blown70

Finn

Very nice! I like the matching door handles too.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

yeahitsgotahemi!

Thanks for the positive feedback. I thought I'd share this with people so they know that there are options to rechroming or reusing pitted stuff. All my pot metal pieces were pitted, and it seemed like a shame to put them on after spending all that hard work on the paint. Heres a picture of the gas cap. Other then being all pitted, it was in good shape and it seemed like a waste to spend a ton a money on a repo one. A week and a few bucks later it was back from the powder coaters and looking quite presentable!
"I don't advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, they just always worked for me"  - Hunter S. Thompson

moparsons

i'm  really diggin this... :2thumbs:....you doin the bumpers too?

Silver R/T

looks nice, powder coat gives it that "black chrome" look
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

yeahitsgotahemi!

I haven't decided about the bumpers yet. I think the black bumpers might not look so great, but then agian all the other black trim seems to have worked out nicely. ???

motorcitydak

That car looks great dude, its how I want mine to look in about a year or so except mine is a 68 and will be orange. I have that same hood too except mine has a vertical support in the center of the scoop. Is your hood on hinges or will it be a lift off?
96 Dakota, custom everything 4x4, 5.7 HEMI
'68 charger project
[OO!!!!!!!!!OO]

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Rolling_Thunder

I say  chrome on the bumpers...   you still have your driprail mouldings as polished...    so it will make it "pop" pretty well... 
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Rosco

Quote from: motorcitydak on August 18, 2009, 12:06:04 AM
That car looks great dude, its how I want mine to look in about a year or so except mine is a 68 and will be orange. I have that same hood too except mine has a vertical support in the center of the scoop. Is your hood on hinges or will it be a lift off?

Sounds like the colours of my mates car. He has a Holden HZ One Tonner Ute (generic aussie ute from the 70's for those that dont know) done up really nicely. The paint looks really nice, Bright orange, with a clear gloss coat, and all the trim - window/door trims, bumpers, grill, wiper arms, all of it is powder coated black, and looks really good. The only silver is the rims, which are mostly black, with silver highlights.

Oh, and a cool little extra... his wiper blades are the same orange as the body. looks pretty cool.
"She needs premium, Dude! PREMIUM!!"

runningman

Hmm, that does look good. I may choose to go that route as well.

Matt

1969chargerrtse

:o Wow that is one beautiful car.  Great work.  :drool5:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

69*F5*SE

Foreman72

Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

six-tee-nine

To be different.....

Black on the bumpers AND turn the driprail moldings also into black.....oh boy, some guys are gonna want to  :slap: me...

Some mean black 18" wheels and a modern style Hemin under the hood would top it of niceley  :slap: :slap: :slap:
Maybe a Viper V10?  :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap:
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

yeahitsgotahemi!

I bought the hood from Glastek here is a link to a post about the hood. http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,45610.0.html

Yeah, I think I'm feeling the chrome bumper right now. I think that would go good with the polished stainless. On the other hand, the rims will be powder coated black to match. No large profile rims here. I'm going with some 15" billet specialties. The rear has been mini-tubbed, so it will get some really wide mickey thompsons in the back and some skinny (6" or 7" inch wide) tires in the front.

As far as a V-10 or a new hemi, I appreciate the work that goes into that stuff, but its too much for me. I really just want a really BIG NASTY OLD SCHOOL wedge motor (yeah, yeah, my name has hemi in it, so sue me).

yeahitsgotahemi!

Quote from: motorcitydak on August 18, 2009, 12:06:04 AM

The hood is on hinges. I thought about getting a lift off hood, but then I decided that it would be a huge PITA to have to lift it off every time I wanted to get under the hood, not to mention the possibility of scratching up the paint on the car/hood when I lift it off/set it on the roof or whatever.

roger440

The black vent frames work real well. Love it. And love that color too, got some real flip in it too be the looks of it.

Stick with chrome for the bumpers,  :yesnod:
1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE
1970 Plymouth Roadrunner - SOLD
2017 HSV Maloo
2003 Holden SS Ute
1970 Triumph 2000 Estate, fitted Rover V8
1961 Standard Atlas
1980 Triumph Dolomite Sprint
1974 Triumph Stag
2003 Subaru Forester

motorcitydak

sorry bout that, didnt notice your hood has the same support as mine does. Looks like the only difference is that mine will be a lift off. I found mine for sale locally and paid 150 for it, its in decent shape but needs to be painted, along with everything else...
96 Dakota, custom everything 4x4, 5.7 HEMI
'68 charger project
[OO!!!!!!!!!OO]

Red Ram

"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

dodgecharger-fan

That looks great!

I vote for chrome bumpers, too.

I'm not sure what kind of wheels you're going with, but maybe a bit of chrome or silver in them as well as some black powder coat would add to the "pop" factor.