News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

STEELERS GETTING THEIR BUTTS KICKED BY THE COLTS!

Started by twilt, November 22, 2005, 07:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twilt

Not that i think that will really happen.  ;D  i figured today that the best way for me to deal with this game is to talk some smack for the Steelers, but bet against them.  :P  If they win, i will be happy cause they won. If they lose, I`ll win some $$.

If Big Ben plays  i figure it should at least be a good game. If Tommy Maddox  plays, the Colts will win by 20. 

Ponch ®

Quote from: twilt on November 22, 2005, 07:01:40 PM
Not that i think that will really happen.   ;D   i figured today that the best way for me to deal with this game is to talk some smack for the Steelers, but bet against them.   :P   If they win, i will be happy cause they won. If they lose, I`ll win some $$.

If Big Ben plays   i figure it should at least be a good game. If Tommy Maddox   plays, the Colts will win by 20.  

dude...don't forget that 2 years ago Maddox was being called the comeback player of the year. That, and he won the only XFL title with L.A. :icon_smile_big:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

twilt

I dont forget. The secret to his limited success in Pitt a few years back was heaving long balls up for grabs. It worked fine when you had 6 foot 5 inch Plaxico Burress going up to get the ball. Plax is gone now, so Maddox is back to suckin arse like he has since the day he was drafted by the Broncos to be the eventual replacement for Elway. seriously, i cant stomach watching the dude play. never seen a QB throw so many little 3-4
yd dink passes that were picked off and "taken to the house" .

firefighter3931

68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

golden73

I just dont see how the steelers could come even close to winning if maddox is playing...

Afflyer

Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

472 R/T SE

Quote from: twilt on November 22, 2005, 07:01:40 PM
Not that i think that will really happen. ;D i figured today that the best way for me to deal with this game is to talk some smack for the Steelers, but bet against them. :P If they win, i will be happy cause they won.

That worked for me last weekend betting against my team. :icon_smile_big:

Maddox was a doing a good job until he got hurt and eventually lost his job to BB.  I think the Steelers re-signed him as well right after that when he became a free agent.  IIRC, Cowher really sweet talked him because there were several opportunities for him to start elsewhere.

The Steelers getting beat by a weaker team last weekend is gonna have them PO'ed to begin with.  Usually good teams respond with a top notch performance the following week.  Colts are gonna have their hands full, IMO.

How is Pittsburgh's secondary right now?  Do they have any key injuries?   If they have all their starting db's playing, my money is on them even if Tommy's playing. 
You guys want K. Bell back? :icon_smile_big:

twilt

Quote from: AllBlueRT on November 23, 2005, 12:18:42 AM

Maddox was a doing a good job until he got hurt and eventually lost his job to BB.  I think the Steelers re-signed him as well right after that when he became a free agent.  IIRC, Cowher really sweet talked him because there were several opportunities for him to start elsewhere.

The Steelers getting beat by a weaker team last weekend is gonna have them PO'ed to begin with.  Usually good teams respond with a top notch performance the following week.  Colts are gonna have their hands full, IMO.

How is Pittsburgh's secondary right now?  Do they have any key injuries?   If they have all their starting db's playing, my money is on them even if Tommy's playing. 
You guys want K. Bell back? :icon_smile_big:

Maddox turns the ball over too much and always has. INTs and Fumbles. If he would have left to compete for a starting job elsewhere, he`d be riding the bench by now because of his turnovers. Big Ben isnt really a great QB yet, still a work in progress, but he doesnt turn the ball over and cost you points like Tommy. Ben also has a knack for getting things done late in the game.

Kendrell Bell??  No way do we want him back. He was an underachiever at UGA , one good year with Pitt. The kind of guy who makes the scouts drool at a combine workout. The physical skills never have translated into real "on the field performance".

As far as i know, Pitts secondary is healthy. 

nh_mopar_fan

Is this considered a big game for Pitt?

When exactly was the last time a Cowher coached team won a BIG game? Who was president?

For all the praise this guy gets for being a great coach, i see a team that just plain and simple chokes every single time the season is on the line.

If the weather is decent, Pitt is in trouble because I think they're only chance is to get Indy outside in the weather and out of the candy-ass dome.

smasherofall

hey, I heard this guy is available, might give The Pitts a chance of winning  :rotz: :nana: :stirthepot:

472 R/T SE

Cowher was a great special teams coach with the Chefs before he got his meal ticket.  Look at Chuck before him, Cowher's not going anywhere for a while.

Charger4404spd

The ole Tennessee boy will come through :icon_smile_big:

dodgeboy67

id be surprised if ben doesnt play......should be a good game.....remember, there is alot of pressure on the colts right now

DAMN PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_smile_angry: :icon_smile_dead: :flame:

twilt

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on November 23, 2005, 09:17:53 AM
Is this considered a big game for Pitt?

When exactly was the last time a Cowher coached team won a BIG game? Who was president?

For all the praise this guy gets for being a great coach, i see a team that just plain and simple chokes every single time the season is on the line.

If the weather is decent, Pitt is in trouble because I think they're only chance is to get Indy outside in the weather and out of the candy-ass dome.

I feel like the rap on Cowher for not winning the big games is somewhat undeserved. The fact that he actually got some of those teams to a big game was nothing short of a miracle.
Any coach than can get a Kordell Stewart led team into the playoffs is nothing less than a miracle worker.  :yesnod:

i always did feel that Cowher  stuck with Kordell way too long.

remember those two INTS that Neil O'Donnell threw right to Larry Brown in the Super bowl against the Cowboys? Cowhers fault or a bonehead player?  I always get a laugh out of that. Those 2 easy picks made Brown millions upon millions of dollars ( free agency contact with Raiders) despite the fact he was never more than an overpaid nickel back.    Those two balls were so far away from any reciever that i have always felt that the reciever had to have made the wrong cut on a timing pattern.

Big Ben is listed as probable.  against my better judgement, i did make a wager on the game today with a fellow employee (Colts fan) If Maddox plays more than 5 snaps, the bet is
null and void though.  :icon_smile_big:

69_500

I'll just make one comment in this thread. Cowher's teams not winning big games? When was the last time a Peyton Manning team won a big game? Hmmm lets see here, lost to New England 2 straight times in the AFC Championship, Lost all the time in big games in College. Wasn't until 2 years ago that he finally won a playoff game period.

So no its not fair to place blame on one individual player. But its a just a point. Cowher is a great coach. Half of his teams shouldn't have been above .500 yet they were still division champs.

twilt

Quote from: smasherofall on November 23, 2005, 01:49:17 PM
hey, I heard this guy is available, might give The Pitts a chance of winning  :rotz: :nana: :stirthepot:

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:    that is TOO scary.

hemihead

I live just outside the Burgh and I tell you what, Big ben will get hammered again.Our offensive line sucks big time.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

twilt

Quote from: hemihead on November 24, 2005, 09:24:38 AM
I live just outside the Burgh and I tell you what, Big ben will get hammered again.Our offensive line sucks big time.

you must jest. The Steelers O line is generally considered one of the better units in the league.  :yesnod:  Any "beating" Ben has taken is a result of his inherent nature to hang onto the ball too long.
Pittsburgh hasn`t run the ball very well in the last 3-4 weeks. i dont see that as a result of poor line play though. defenses have been taking away the run by stacking  9 defenders in the "box" and daring them to pass. 

dodgeboy67

should be a good game , reguardless...its gettin to be crunch time ...theres alot at stake........also alot of pressure, especially on peyton...but the colts are at home, so thats a plus

cowher is by far , one of the best coaches....when he has a couple of 3-13 seasons back to back, then we can say he isnt a good coach

i agree that cowher has had trouble gettin to the next level, but with the up and coming talent ( parker, big ben), and the d-line, not to mention the seasoned vets on the team....they are only a few drafts or free agents away from a super bowl

71bee

on the contrary, I think that the Steelers kick ass when they're on the road. I've already put my money on Big Ben. also, they do their best when the odds are against them. go Steelers!   -a true Vikings fan.

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: 71bee on November 28, 2005, 12:57:13 AM
on the contrary, I think that the Steelers kick ass when they're on the road. I've already put my money on Big Ben. also, they do their best when the odds are against them. go Steelers!   -a true Vikings fan.

Like the playoffs the last few years.....

twilt

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on November 28, 2005, 09:06:15 AM

Like the playoffs the last few years.....

I guess the problem was that they were favored and at home..........  This Steeler fan isn`t feeling very confident.....only hopeful. The Steelers typicaly blitz a lot. I saw some stats a few days ago about how well Peyton fares against the blitz. His success against the blitz is staggering.  i sure hope the Steelers have seen the same stats and take heed. 

nh_mopar_fan

If what we've been seeing the past few weeks with the Colts D is for real, that they are wearing down and giving up tons of yardage on the ground, I think that the Pitt running game will be the key.

If they can run on Indy, they can control the clock and their Defense will be rested and good enough to keep them in the game.

Rain will help.....

twilt

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on November 28, 2005, 11:47:09 AM

Rain will help.....

the game is being played in the RCA dome in Indy.  They got a big hole in the roof? ;D

nh_mopar_fan