News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hmmm..check this fender tag out. XP29 Hemi car???

Started by 69*F5*SE, August 17, 2009, 08:17:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

As mentioned, there must be one somewhere and if there isn't, a little cash can soon enough "turn one up", if you know what I mean.

hemi-hampton

Quote from: 69*F5*SE on August 22, 2009, 04:08:47 PM
The friggin' thing is up to $406.00.  What's the purpose of having it if it isn't for your car?  Am I missing something?   Maybe I'm too honest/dumb.  :shruggy:  Ted

Whats the purpose of having it if the rest of the car no longer exist? :shruggy: :brickwall: :ahum: :ahum: :ahum:

Ghoste

Funny sometimes though the way having the tags can make the cars magically re-appear.  :icon_smile_wink:

moparchris

Just as a side note.  Look at the photo from Chrysler historical of the 69 Charger that they used for some early promo pictures.  It is a base model T5 Bronze with the hemi badges on the doors.  So it seems as though at least one XP Charger got a hemi.

Ghoste

Hmmm, well that car has been discussed a number of times on here.  What is know is that it says it's a regular Charger and it has a Hemi based on the badges.  Photo evidence would indicate that it did have a Hemi.  It would also indicate that it has a LOT of 1968 features in it making it a very very early 1969 prototype used for photo purposes.  There are also some documents alleged to exist which would indicate that Chrysler was at the very least intending to make this combo available in the XP.  What hasn't surfaced is evidence that the press photo Charger was in fact an XP and that it did in fact have a Hemi.  If those conditions were both true it would be an amazing find to discover the car still existed (many prototypes were crushed but certainly not all).
At this point I am still willing to concede that the possibility exists but I need more proof yet to climb on down off of this fence.

69*F5*SE

And it ends at $761.99  I guess someone's going to have one rare car once they're done with it.  :shruggy:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Got this back from the seller after I asked him to forward a full pic like he promised at auctions end....

QuoteWell the guy who bought it has asked me not to reveal that information. I know what I said, but I have to respect the wishes of a good customer. The car did have PDB, A32 4:10 Dana pack and tic toc tach. Other than that is is your average Charger.

Good customer my azz...
:rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemigeno

Figures... :rotz:

Ask him the question about the tailstripe - maybe he'll "reveal" that tidbit of info for us.

Ghoste

I'm sorry but the whole thing still smells funny to me.  It'd be nice to find out one wya or the other; Chris did you ask him about passing your request on to the good customer?

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: hemigeno on August 24, 2009, 12:02:54 PM

Ask him the question about the tailstripe - maybe he'll "reveal" that tidbit of info for us.

Actually in my reply to him I did ask as well as the dash tag VIN#

His reply......

QuoteNO! This is not a typo. Dash tag is XP also. Also, there is no stripe delete code, or stripe coded as would be the case with an R/T model. The A32 package was ordered to bring the standard Charger platform "up to snuff" (XHD cooling/suspension) for Sir Hemi. I have seen XP Hemi cars before, but usually they have very early VIN's (000006, 000101 etc). Again, sorry for not being able to provide you with what I promised, but the guy who bought this is a good customer.
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

tan top

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on August 24, 2009, 02:46:25 PM

His reply......

QuoteNO! This is not a typo. Dash tag is XP also. Also, there is no stripe delete code, or stripe coded as would be the case with an R/T model. The A32 package was ordered to bring the standard Charger platform "up to snuff" (XHD cooling/suspension) for Sir Hemi. I have seen XP Hemi cars before, but usually they have very early VIN's (000006, 000101 etc). Again, sorry for not being able to provide you with what I promised, but the guy who bought this is a good customer.

this is intresting stuff !! seen XP J code cars before :scratchchin: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

70426rtse

Quote from: tan top on August 24, 2009, 03:01:38 PM
Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on August 24, 2009, 02:46:25 PM

His reply......

this is intresting stuff !! seen XP J code cars before :scratchchin: :popcrn:

Yep, me too!  And they were all 1967 Chargers.  :icon_smile_big:

Ghoste

So no one else that we collectively know of has seen any and this guy has seen them in plural form?

70426rtse

I would not worry about someone building a car around that tag. We are talking about a VERY unusual Charger to which everyone would question if it were to show up "done" years from now. I doubt if everyone is going to forget that the car this tag is from was crushed years ago.

68X426

Now this tag has taken on a new angle.  :scratchchin:

It's like seeing the Virgin Mary on the tree bark or Lincoln's profile on a mountain side. It's just in the eye of the beholder and anyone can claim to see anything they want to see.

"oh look, I see Einstein's face in the rust on the trunk of that '51 Chevy" "it means he once owned it, quick, put it on e-bay!"

Maybe Mister 761.99 will post here about what he sees on the tag.  ::)

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Ghoste

Quote from: 70426rtse on August 24, 2009, 03:22:42 PM
I would not worry about someone building a car around that tag.

I disagree.  I have seen it happen a LOT of times now and people will accept a car as real with the most circumstantial evidence.  Just look at the whole 1970 Daytona controversy.  It's part of why I just become more and more jaded to this kind of thing as time goes on.  It's also a big part of why I become so opposed to the rebody thing over time.
It wasn't that long ago there was a kid on here who was very open about the options he was going to change on his fender tag so the car would reflect what he wanted.  Despite the arguments from several people to the contrary he just didn't see anything wrong with it and he was doing it-period.  It has just become a very accepted thing to some folks and I think this won't be the last time we knowingly or unknowingly discuss this car.

Chris G.

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on August 24, 2009, 11:49:23 AM
Got this back from the seller after I asked him to forward a full pic like he promised at auctions end....

QuoteWell the guy who bought it has asked me not to reveal that information. I know what I said, but I have to respect the wishes of a good customer. The car did have PDB, A32 4:10 Dana pack and tic toc tach. Other than that is is your average Charger.

Good customer my azz...
:rotz:

Honestly, were you really expecting different? I knew he wasn't going to come through.

I'm surprised it didn't go for more.

70426rtse

Ma Mopar is not beyond letting unusual hemi cars out the door that were not SUPPOSED to have been built. Most were 66's, then a few 67's, a couple 68's. This the first 69 Hemi oddity that has come to a public forum for debate and is certainly greeted with skepticism. I'll let you in on a BIG secret.... there is another 69 Hemi car that was supposed to NOT have been built. It's a 1969 HEMI J-code Satellite. I know multiple people that have seen it, I have not though myself. It's white with blue interior and an AT column. Sold new here in the Mpls. area. A good friend of mine found the car back in the 70's and his other friend(whom I know also) was going to buy it for $1500, but then drug his heels long enough that the car got bought by someone else. It is still here in the Mpls. area and I have heard that a Corvette guy has it and is obviously keeping a low profile with it. It still hasn't been restored and unfortunately had a tree fall on it because he called another person I know looking for a roof for it.  Oddities DO exist. There is a XP 1970 Charger also with an extremely low VIN of 000006?

TylerCharger69

I still wonder why portions of the tag were covered.....

tan top

Quote from: 70426rtse on August 24, 2009, 03:39:15 PM
Ma Mopar is not beyond letting unusual hemi cars out the door that were not SUPPOSED to have been built. Most were 66's, then a few 67's, a couple 68's. This the first 69 Hemi oddity that has come to a public forum for debate and is certainly greeted with skepticism. I'll let you in on a BIG secret.... there is another 69 Hemi car that was supposed to NOT have been built. It's a 1969 HEMI J-code Satellite. I know multiple people that have seen it, I have not though myself. It's white with blue interior and an AT column. Sold new here in the Mpls. area. A good friend of mine found the car back in the 70's and his other friend(whom I know also) was going to buy it for $1500, but then drug his heels long enough that the car got bought by someone else. It is still here in the Mpls. area and I have heard that a Corvette guy has it and is obviously keeping a low profile with it. It still hasn't been restored and unfortunately had a tree fall on it because he called another person I know looking for a roof for it.  Oddities DO exist. There is a XP 1970 Charger also with an extremely low VIN of 000006?

yeah thats true
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 

Just 6T9 CHGR

This would be the second XP29J car I know of.....

The second one is a T5 tan one that Shafi Keisler owns

(PS its for sale.....PM me for details) ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemigeno

Quote from: 70426rtse on August 24, 2009, 03:39:15 PM

Depending on which document you're looking at, a J-code Satellite was not at all out of order when it came to 1969's.  From a strict availability standpoint, you could have a Hemi Belvedere, Road Runner, Satellite, Sport Satellite, or GTX.  4-door Belvedere and Satellites were listed as available with the Hemi as well.  Same goes for the Coronet body style too - a Coronet DeLuxe, Bee, 440, 500 and R/T (again, both 2-door and 4-door of the respective models) were "available".

Dirk, if you're coming to the Monster Mopar show this year (sure hope I didn't miss my only chance to see your EV2 '70 HemiCharger), I'll drag a bunch of that paperwork out for you to look at.

hemigeno

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on August 24, 2009, 04:15:21 PM
This would be the second XP29J car I know of.....

The second one is a T5 tan one that Shafi Keisler owns

(PS its for sale.....PM me for details) ;)

Any connection between this car and the early XP car used in the promo pictures?

:scratchchin:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Nope....its a later build car like the tag on ebay....Galen inspected it & authenticated it...
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

tan top

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on August 24, 2009, 04:35:48 PM
Nope....its a later build car like the tag on ebay....Galen inspected it & authenticated it...

oh right this is intresting stuff !! any pictures Chris  tag ?? car  :coolgleamA: :popcrn:

Charger Stuff