News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

window won't go up

Started by joflaig, August 24, 2009, 06:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joflaig

The car turns 40 and the first thing to go wrong (so far) is the mechanism which rolls the driver's side window up and down. The window wouldn't go up so I took off the door panel and it seems like there are a couple of sliding rail type pieces which were probably held together with another part sitting at the bottom inside the door. Does this sound familier to anyone? I couldn't figure out how to piece it back together. What annoys me the most is that you can't race without your window being up!

Anyone have any pictures of the inside mechanism in the lower right side of the driver's side door?

Winged 1

;)
I don't have any pix but it sounds like you either jumped the track or snapped off one of the rollers. May be able to find a pix or two in the old files on here. Or since you have the panel off you should be able to stick a flash light in the door and try to wind up the window and see what the problem is. Good news is you can purchase almost all of the parts now, where as 6 or 8 months ago you couldn't even find a roller..
Best of luck. Might want to watch eBay for an owners manual if your going to keep the beast..
Eric

joflaig

Quote from: Winged 1 on August 24, 2009, 07:01:58 PM
;)
I don't have any pix but it sounds like you either jumped the track or snapped off one of the rollers. May be able to find a pix or two in the old files on here. Or since you have the panel off you should be able to stick a flash light in the door and try to wind up the window and see what the problem is. Good news is you can purchase almost all of the parts now, where as 6 or 8 months ago you couldn't even find a roller..
Best of luck. Might want to watch eBay for an owners manual if your going to keep the beast..
Eric

Or maybe both. Who sells this repro stuff?

Winged 1

Try Year One or Charger Specialties. If they don't have what you need, I can look around.
Eric

joflaig

Quote from: Winged 1 on August 24, 2009, 07:45:02 PM
Try Year One or Charger Specialties. If they don't have what you need, I can look around.
Eric

YearOne seemed to have the rollers. Anyway, this larger piece that fell off had one roller on it, I think it was a blue plastic if I recall.