News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Foreman72's 1972 Charger Resto Thread (UPDATE: WORK ON SAT 3/20)

Started by Foreman72, August 16, 2009, 02:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Wicked72

That looks like you had an amazing time! And nice finds lol. I wonder whats on the film too :scratchchin:. Cant wait to see more! :popcrn:
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

mikesbbody

You know, it's funny I was going to ask if you found a Broadcast sheet and you found 3! I'm with the guy's find out if that film can be developed it may have something to do with the car (or something else interesting...)  :lol:

Darkman

Might have some photos on there with the previous owners and that spoon!   :rofl:
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

Hemidog

chargd72

When are you planning on pulling the engine and doing that 318 HP build?   :popcrn:

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

Foreman72

Quote from: chargd72 on March 22, 2010, 09:21:19 AM
When are you planning on pulling the engine and doing that 318 HP build?   :popcrn:

well, i really have no idea to be honest. :lol: once everything is off the car (trim, bumpers etc) then i can address picking out the engine.  But to be realistic, i probably won't see the engine out of that car until i graduate college.  But it could progress faster than that, i guess we'll have to see :2thumbs:

the next thing i have to do is find out how long i can keep it in that garage.  its owned by my aunt, who is advancing in years, and i'm not sure of her future plans for the property.  but if i know i can keep the charger in the garage for a while then i can clean out the other bay of the garage and store parts and stuff there...its all sort of up in the air currently...
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

jb666

mopar73

Foreman72

Eric "Foreman"

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

KillerBee1972

1964 Plymouth Fury "old 70s drag car"
1973 Dodge Charger SE B9 blue 440

Foreman72

Quote from: mikepmcs on March 23, 2010, 06:45:54 PM
going to autorust for what exactly?

frame repair caps and possibly the floor...i really like what i've seen from them online...do you have another company suggestion?

Quote from: KillerBee1972 on March 23, 2010, 08:41:54 PM
Need a 400 or a 440 for your car buddy???  :icon_smile_big: :yesnod:

nah, i'm sticking w the 318...thanks tho...but i'll take those slotted tips :lol: :lol:
Eric "Foreman"

KillerBee1972

Quote from: Foreman72 on March 23, 2010, 10:13:25 PM
Quote from: mikepmcs on March 23, 2010, 06:45:54 PM
going to autorust for what exactly?

frame repair caps and possibly the floor...i really like what i've seen from them online...do you have another company suggestion?

Quote from: KillerBee1972 on March 23, 2010, 08:41:54 PM
Need a 400 or a 440 for your car buddy???  :icon_smile_big: :yesnod:

nah, i'm sticking w the 318...thanks tho...but i'll take those slotted tips :lol: :lol:

I Still have them..... :icon_smile_big:
1964 Plymouth Fury "old 70s drag car"
1973 Dodge Charger SE B9 blue 440

djcarguy

you still out worken on ya charger?? was worried you had 5 years of hopes and dreams in a car that started to look rustted away,but you stayed at it .you lucked out with the trunkand roof so hang in and save it.not big fan of green,but your right the dark green is way better than what is on it now.      have you grabbed the fan and tryed to turn engine?????man try it,pull spark pluggs and shoot it with wd-40 and some little oil or trans oil and get it soaking,lease pour some down carb???  if stuck use big socket on crank pully,or battery and just bump it over with key...   take care and alway block it up ,,safty saves lifes and limbs.DJ IN OREGON

djcarguy

318 is a great eng for a young guy to start out with.cheap to run and replace and can be set to run and sound good and maybe just right power so you dont get all the cops after ya or spin out and total the charger :eek2: :.if ya go big block you have to change,eng,trans,rear,mounts,wiring,and radiator,on,on,on.... last message i meant soak with lite oil,not little oil  :2thumbs:.  try the engine.
      i got my sons dart swingers,both have 6 bangers with the 4 spd O.D.74&75 darts.post more on ya charger

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE

Foreman72

Eric "Foreman"

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE

71ChallengeHer

You guys got a lot done.  :2thumbs:  Keep the updates coming.

six-tee-nine

Oh my god  :eyes: that "up with people" hat.......... hard to believe anyone would ever wear that.....But in the 70's anything could happen so it seems.  :smilielol:
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

NHCharger

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

MoparManJim

Hey bud...  :D  don't you know there is an easier way to work in your trunk?  :lol:. It's called using your trunk lid  :smilielol: 

Now with all that aside, your doing good work so far man.  :cheers:

Foreman72

Thanks for the encouragement guys  :2thumbs:

Its been real tough being away at school in PA.  Havent really put to much thought into the car to be honest.  Things like, graduating on time (i changed majors) and getting a daily driver and working and spending all of august doing FOH sound all over new england and then in iceland with band from school.  These all have consumed my focus; and rightfully so.

That and where the car is at now is a big limitation.  Its at my aunts in the carriage house/garage at my mom's family farm which is an hour from my house.  My aunt is getting up in years and so i don't know how much longer I am going to be able to keep it there.

So all of that sums up where I've been with the charger.  I'd like to work on it as much as I can this summer.  Do some more tear down, maybe take out the dash and if i get really lucky, take the engine out.

you around Brian?  :lol: :lol:
Eric "Foreman"