News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Foreman72's 1972 Charger Resto Thread (UPDATE: WORK ON SAT 3/20)

Started by Foreman72, August 16, 2009, 02:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foreman72

o cool...yeah thanks brian...if we could do that, that'd be great

:smilielol: :smilielol:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

charger_cody

Foreman72

Quote from: charger_cody on February 05, 2010, 09:42:58 AM
Hey Foreman, any updates, pics, news for us?

Cody
hey man...thanks for asking...not as of late...i'm at school in PA right now...and the car is in massachusets so...little work is being done :lol:

i will however get to work on it over spring break which i'm greatly looking forward to... :2thumbs:
Eric "Foreman"

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.

NHCharger

Quote from: Foreman72 on February 05, 2010, 12:15:38 PM

Cody
i will however get to work on it over spring break which i'm greatly looking forward to... :2thumbs:

:hack: :hack: :hack: :hack: :hack: :hack: I'm still available :D
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

charger_cody

Dang man. Get that thing running and drive it back!!!! I want to see some ore pics. Detailed ones!!!!

Cody

Foreman72

Quote from: NHCharger on February 05, 2010, 12:57:32 PM
Quote from: Foreman72 on February 05, 2010, 12:15:38 PM

Cody

:hack: :hack: :hack: :hack: :hack: :hack: I'm still available :D

spring break man...spring break
Eric "Foreman"

Foreman72

well that spring break is here!! work will be done on saturday...in what will hopefully be amazing weather...

NHCharger will be working with me...i'm hoping to get the rest of the interior out (except the dash, but you know if were feeling ambitious... :D) and get into the trunk which i haven't been able to do (don't have the key).

So those are the plans...i just can't wait to work on it in the sun!! :2thumbs:
Eric "Foreman"

squeakfinder

You might have it figured out allready. But what I've done is once the back seat is out, crawl through the opening into the trunk with a flashlight and a 1/2"? socket or end wrench and unbolt the lock mechanism for the trunk.

It all sounds like fun.  :2thumbs:
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

chargd72

:hack:   :smash:   Looking forward to seeing this week's progress   :buff:    :paintingpink:

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

Wicked72

M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

NHCharger

Quote from: squeakfinder on March 18, 2010, 12:04:09 PM

But what I've done is once the back seat is out, crawl through the opening into the trunk with a flashlight and a 1/2"? socket or end wrench and unbolt the lock mechanism for the trunk.

Did you lube yourself up with some WD-40 to fit thru the bracing behind the seat?
Yeah, actually what I already tried on my 71 which I'm in the process of reassembling is putting all my ratchet extensions together and reach thru from the back seat area to unbolt the lock mechanism. And your right, it is a 1/2" socket.
If that fails I'm to um "stocky" to fit thru the bracing so I'll take pics of Eric trying to get his 6'2" frame into the trunk :lol: :lol: 
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

TUFCAT

Looking forward to some detailed pics of your progress!

Foreman72

thanks guys!! pics will certainly be posted  :2thumbs: and...hopefully ...progress will be made   :popcrn:
Eric "Foreman"

squeakfinder

Quote from: NHCharger on March 18, 2010, 08:01:05 PM
Quote from: squeakfinder on March 18, 2010, 12:04:09 PM

But what I've done is once the back seat is out, crawl through the opening into the trunk with a flashlight and a 1/2"? socket or end wrench and unbolt the lock mechanism for the trunk.

Did you lube yourself up with some WD-40 to fit thru the bracing behind the seat?
Yeah, actually what I already tried on my 71 which I'm in the process of reassembling is putting all my ratchet extensions together and reach thru from the back seat area to unbolt the lock mechanism. And your right, it is a 1/2" socket.
If that fails I'm to um "stocky" to fit thru the bracing so I'll take pics of Eric trying to get his 6'2" frame into the trunk :lol: :lol: 

About a gallon of Vaseline  :lol:.

This sound's like a job for Mr. Forman.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

b5blue

Best of luck to you!!!! Pic's please!  :2thumbs: (Bring big bird with you)

LoneStar Mopar

Foreman72

What a great day of work!!  Accomplished a great deal  :woohoo:  thanks to brian (nhcharger) for all his help today, wouldn't have happened otherwise.  also thank you to my family for all their help today

started today (which was bright and sunny at 65 the entire time) by rolling the old girl out of the garage to enjoy the sun with us.  once all the tools were broken out and electricity was acquired, we began the removal of the front seat.  unfortunately, the bolts weren't going anywhere so brian took his saws-all to them and off came the front seat.  once the front seat was out we began removing more of the interior.  after removing a sufficient amount of the interior, i had the access to go into the trunk.  this was the most anticipated part of the afternoon...being skinny pays off :lol: :lol: wedged my way into the truck and unscrewed the bolts holding the latch on.  once the trunk was open, we cleared it out (it was full of random stuff, as we have come to expect from my charger  :rofl: ) and found that it was in really good shape...which was very exciting because that is not the case with most of the sheet metal. we then continued interior disassembly and bagged/tagged all the pieces.  next the headliner came out which was a nasty mess...but it did reveal a solid roof...which again, was very exciting. we then took off some trim pieces around the roof and glass and discovered that the dreaded A pillers were almost rust free and the channels around the roof and glass were excellent as well...yes, exciting :lol:. we wrapped up the day by taking a hammer to the body and the frame to see just what kind of shape they were in...i didn't have very high hopes...but we found that the body was in pretty good shape needing a few patches in common places and that the frame was also (surprisingly) in good shape needing patches on the rear subframe and the front by the t bars... not bad for sitting in a barn for 20+ years...

so that was what we accomplished today...the interior is in pieces being stored in the garage and all the odds and ends have been bagged and tagged...looking forward to the summer when i can work on it some more...although i'm at the point now where if i go any further into this project, i'm going to need a permanent space to put everything, which i don't have at the moment...but i can deal with that when it comes...right now, hard work and job well done :cheers:
Eric "Foreman"

Foreman72

the work in the trunk...
Eric "Foreman"

Foreman72

more interior work...
Eric "Foreman"

Foreman72

ALSO!! i discovered 3 broadcast sheets in my car! and they are all the exact same...in order, under front seat, rear seat back, rear seat bottom...

and of course i found other weird stuff...like...the spoon, the green marker, film, tire pressure gauge, and the crown jewel, the up with people hat :lol:
Eric "Foreman"

Foreman72

we took another group picture, like the one we did last time...for old times sake :lol:

well thats all! thanks for following everyone...any thoughts are always welcome :2thumbs:
Eric "Foreman"

mikepmcs

Very nice indeed!  Sounds like you had some fun today. :2thumbs:
Wash that hat and wear it proudly.  Who knows, could fetch a mint on ebay.
Develop that film!  ;)
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

69bronzeT5

Great dude!!!! I found 2 broadcast sheets in my Duster but man you found 3! :2thumbs:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

NHCharger

My wife laughed at the first pic. Said we looked like a pack of dogs.
I was surprised there wasn't more frame rot, that's a good thing. It never ceases to amaze me how our Mopars rot/rust. Eric's Charger sat in a damp basement for 20+ years and the floor rots but the frame is OK. My 72 parts Charger sat in a parking lot for 14+ years. The frame was rotted away but the floors look brand new :scratchchin:
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel