News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Transcoolerlines

Started by Belgium R/T -68, August 16, 2009, 04:26:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belgium R/T -68

Have tried to get the originalstyle coolerlines to fit in a good way with the headers but I'm turning moore and moore towards
hoses. It seems that with hoses I can lead the oil away from the heat in a much better way. Anyone else using hoses instead
of the normal ss lines?

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

kcederwall08

I'm using a hose for one side of my trans cooler because I snapped off one of the fittings to the transmission cooler. They work fine, and their much easier to route. I have stock manifolds so I dont know if they would work better with headers or not, but they work fine for me.  :icon_smile_big:

mauve66

just use high pressure hose, not regular hose
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: mauve66 on August 16, 2009, 08:53:43 AM
just use high pressure hose, not regular hose

Similar to fuelhoses?

Per

mauve66

i will have to look but i think the rubber lines i used were actually stamped for transmission use, i will check

i used the hard lines to get to the front of the motor and then the rubber lines to connect the hard lines to the trans cooler
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

Belgium R/T -68

I have 10ft of this rubberhose with metalthread around it but I was planning on using it all the way from the tranny to the radiator
and extra cooler. Thought of cutting the steellines at the ends to have the fittings and just put the hoses over the ss lines. :scratchchin:

Per

oldcarnut

I made up hoses with crimp on fittings all the way--no leaking or hose clamps. I used high pressure hydraulic lines.  Here's under the radiator.  Tranny connections were similar.  Sure made it easy to route them in and not fight twisted steel lines :yesnod:.

John_Kunkel

I've used the braided hose on many transmission cooler installations but I wouldn't recommend just clamping the hose to cut-off steel lines without some sort of bead to keep the hose from blowing off. You can find beaded hose nipples to fit the 1/8" NPT threads in the transmission case or, better yet, get the correct AN fittings for the braided hose.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

oldcarnut

You can also buy reusable hose fittings that screw onto to hoses and buy the length of hose you want from the autostore and make your own hose. Here's an example of some fittings but a little pricey for a discount place. http://www.discounthydraulichose.com/category_s/63.htm  and maybe the local parts store has them too.  I think Northern Tool carries a few.

six-tee-nine

Per,

I'm pretty sure you can have a set of hoses made at a local hydraulics supplier. If you take your fittings with you they will help you out for sure.
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

mauve66

all the external trans cooler kits come with worm clamps so i doubt there is a need for anything "special" all the pressure in the trans is in the internal passages, not the actual line like a PS pressure hose

i went ans looked at my hose and can't see anything on it but i'm 99% sure that it originally said transmission line on it, just don't use regular rubber hose is all i was talking about
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

John_Kunkel

You'll notice that those coolers have raised beads at the end of their hose nipples.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Belgium R/T -68

Found a hydraulic shop in the neighbourhood and was surprised that the cost for pressed hoses were rather low so I had them  make
hoses for my needs so at least that problem is solved. :icon_smile_big:

Per

mauve66

Quote from: John_Kunkel on August 18, 2009, 04:46:00 PM

You'll notice that those coolers have raised beads at the end of their hose nipples.

well yeah, i guess i shouldn't assume someone would make sure they had a metal fitting with the raised edges to prevent the hose form backing off, sorry
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment