News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Can it be done?

Started by G-man, August 18, 2009, 10:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G-man

Hi

I got these NOS Mirrors and I kinda wanted mirrors without a remote.

Can the remote be removed from the mirror (how do you pull the back off mirror off to do this?)

On the other hand, can a remote (as I got 1 from the old repro mirror the car came with) be added to the passenger mirror so that both are remote?

If I take the remote out and therefor adjust the mirror by hand, will it over time get loose and wont stay in position anymore, or their wont be this problem?

George

charger Downunder

George just hang the remote cable inside the door and adjust it by the glass. Dont pull those $800 nos mirrors apart.
If so it will end in tears
[/quote]

Back N Black

just buy a repo non-remote mirror, they are not that expensive.  :Twocents:

G-man

Erm...

Ive baught 2 and got rid of them cause I wanted the sweet lines of the originals. Originals have that nice 45 degree angle between the top/back while the repros are moulded round and look...dumb.

Can the remote be added to the passenger or are mirrors cast and therefor cant be seperated... if so, how on earth did they get the remote in there?

kab69440

Yes, remotes CAN be added to passenger side mirrors. The mirror glass is fixed in the swivel housing via a circular crimp. It takes approximately half an hour to get the mirror off the swivel without breaking it. I used the can opener on my Victorinox to slowly uncrimp around the circumference.  You need the remote swivel from a driver's mirror and you will need to grind the nose down so it will fit inside the passenger side mirror. The parts do not like being asked to function in a mirror-opposite casting, but a man with a few basic tools and a lot of free time and patience can make it happen. The only question is: How bad do you want it done?  I believe the easiest thing to do is to score a mirror from an Aussie Valiant, they are very similar in shape and are cable adjusted from the factory. Been looking for one of those for my car for some time, now. Good luck, and don't give up...

Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

charger Downunder

The aussie mirror dosnt have enough angle on it to be used if you are driving  from the left hand side.
[/quote]

kab69440

I am sure a slight tweak in the mounting position will rectify that.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."