News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lowering Springs

Started by Moparbob, August 15, 2009, 06:54:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moparbob

Anyone know where I can buy lowering leaf springs? I need a 3" drop and I dont want to use blocks.
Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.

b5blue

You know you can get front mounts that lower it some.

Moparbob

Quote from: b5blue on August 15, 2009, 09:05:47 AM
You know you can get front mounts that lower it some.

Yea but I dont want to cut and weld. I can move the front hanger brackets up about an 1" but that wont do it. The shackles are at a minimum now. This is a 73 rallye charger with a 440.

Im pretty sure I need custom springs. I have asked about d arcing but it seems as though you cant do that either. Taking out leaves would help but I dont want a soft rear end.vj
Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.

b5blue

I don't know about 73 but 70 the mounts bolt in, the hole is higher, lowering the spring.

Charger74

Bob,

I believe Mr. Angry got his custom made through I think ESPO springs.   You will need to do some measuring for them and then let them know how much drop you want.

I think what b5blue was talking about actually bolt into place, either that turning your front perches upside does give you some, but I don't think 3" worth.

Moparbob

Quote from: Charger74 on August 18, 2009, 03:27:10 PM
Bob,

I believe Mr. Angry got his custom made through I think ESPO springs.   You will need to do some measuring for them and then let them know how much drop you want.

I think what b5blue was talking about actually bolt into place, either that turning your front perches upside does give you some, but I don't think 3" worth.

Yes, the front perch only gives about an inch.

Thanks!
Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.

HPP

Espo can make springs in any configuration of +/- from stock height. This is nice because youc an use all your original mounting points and hardware with a lower ride height.

Another option is Mopar oval track springs in either 1" or 0 arch configuration. These should net you a 1.5 or 2.5 " drop over stock. However, these will require use of super stock front hangers. Since most SS hangers have two or three holes, this give youeven more flexability on location.

Whats the issue with blocks? I've used them in drag cars and oval track cars for many years without issue. If they can stand up to a 5000 rpm launch with slicks, they will not be phased by street driving. You just have to make sure you get the good extruded or billet ones and not the cast junk you find at the chain stores.

flyinlow

Mancini makes sliders for the rear mount. (A body) They look like the would lower the car. Give them a call.

Might want to recheck you pinion angle when done.

HPP

The rear sliders will lower it some as well. Just be aware that the sliders are not a bolt and will require you to fab up a mount and they use a bearing, so periodic inspection will be needed to ensure you aren't chewing things up with road grit and grime.

Moparbob

Quote from: HPP on August 20, 2009, 04:57:45 PM
Espo can make springs in any configuration of +/- from stock height. This is nice because youc an use all your original mounting points and hardware with a lower ride height.

Another option is Mopar oval track springs in either 1" or 0 arch configuration. These should net you a 1.5 or 2.5 " drop over stock. However, these will require use of super stock front hangers. Since most SS hangers have two or three holes, this give youeven more flexability on location.

Whats the issue with blocks? I've used them in drag cars and oval track cars for many years without issue. If they can stand up to a 5000 rpm launch with slicks, they will not be phased by street driving. You just have to make sure you get the good extruded or billet ones and not the cast junk you find at the chain stores.

Where could I find some good ones?
Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.

NMike

HPP

first this;
Quote from: HPP on August 20, 2009, 04:57:45 PM

Then this:
Quote from: Moparbob on August 21, 2009, 08:59:21 AM
Where could I find some good ones?

So, it could be.  That is the thought process my reply came from.

b5blue

Do both....Lower springs with diff. mounts and get the rest from blocks....I wonder about pinion angle though  :icon_smile_question: