News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Running and driving 69 charger?

Started by charger01, August 14, 2009, 06:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy

That's HLPAG/American Classic Muscle Cars/truemusclecars.com.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

twenty mike mike

Their last sentence says it all:

"Good luck!"

b5blue

That's the nicest Charger they have ever tried to sell!  :smilielol:

moparstuart

Quote from: b5blue on August 15, 2009, 09:28:25 AM
That's the nicest Charger they have ever tried to sell!  :smilielol:
yeah but i'm sure its pictures of 4 other cars , the one you get will not have a trunk floor at all  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BB1

Delete my profile

resq302

I couldn't resist.  I had to email him asking these questions:

Dear cars-for-investment,

You mention that this is a running and driving car. How can that be when there does not seem to be any gas tank or insturment cluster in the car in the pictures that you have posted. I am a serious buyer but this raised some questions with me. I noticed the gas tank missing through the drain holes in the trunk and also lack of a filler tube. Is that the rare 383 2 bbl engine also?

- resq302

Wonder what his answer to the "rare 383 2 bbl engine" will be.   :rofl:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

b5blue

Jerk em hard they got it comin to em!  :smilielol: Ask them if there is any bondo on it!!!  :cheers:

Silver R/T

you can always stick a gas can there to make it run lol
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

CB

Quote from: resq302 on August 15, 2009, 10:12:51 AM
I couldn't resist.  I had to email him asking these questions:

You mention that this is a running and driving car. How can that be when there does not seem to be any gas tank or insturment cluster in the car in the pictures that you have posted. I am a serious buyer but this raised some questions with me. I noticed the gas tank missing through the drain holes in the trunk and also lack of a filler tube. Is that the rare 383 2 bbl engine also?

- resq302

Wonder what his answer to the "rare 383 2 bbl engine" will be.   :rofl:

:lol:

keep us posted!
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

jb666

Quote from: resq302 on August 15, 2009, 10:12:51 AM
I couldn't resist.  I had to email him asking these questions:

- resq302

Wonder what his answer to the "rare 383 2 bbl engine" will be.   :rofl:

I can see the answer now...

It suuuuuuuuuuuure is! This baby is ready to tear up the streets of ____________ with you behind the wheel! This is an awesome street machine!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Hans, for another good laugh  :lol:

I love this line:

We were contracted to build this one into a Daytona replica but its too nice to be used for that.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Todd Wilson

Quote from: BB1 on August 15, 2009, 10:07:14 AM
Frankie  ::)  :D

His price just went up! HAHA!  He does run and drive! I got the car show photos to prove it! HEHE!    :icon_smile_tongue:

Todd

resq302

Just got the response! 

Hi there are some parts mising This car is a project car and will need work but the car is very solid for it's age please call us anytime (847)245-1414 thanks

It answers or even addresses NONE of my questions that I asked.  Gotta love it.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Troy

Quote from: resq302 on August 17, 2009, 05:42:56 PM
Just got the response! 

Hi there are some parts mising This car is a project car and will need work but the car is very solid for it's age please call us anytime (847)245-1414 thanks

It answers or even addresses NONE of my questions that I asked.  Gotta love it.
That's because anything they say (promise) on the phone can't be used as evidence. If they answered your questions in an email you'd at least have something in writing that could come back and bite them in the rear.

Troy

resq302

Troy,

Depends if someone is taping the conversation on the phone when you call them. :2thumbs:
Brian

Troy

But that's illegal (for a civilian) unless you notify the other party right?

Troy

Landonsrt

"We were contracted to build this one into a Daytona replica but its too nice to be used for that."

So I guess what they are trying to say here is that rust is a color option!!? :rotz:

Charger440RDN

I almost went up there to look at a charger last year too, before I knew about the HLPAG reputation, God i'm glad i didn't make that trip.   :lol:

ZSmithersCharges

Guys I just bought this car... is there something wrong with it?
I just kidding  :smilielol:

resq302

Quote from: Troy on August 17, 2009, 07:01:07 PM

Troy

Depends on the state.  Some places it is legal as long as one of the parties is aware.  If you are one of the parties on the phone and you are taping it, I guess then its legal.
Brian

b5blue

The way around that is to put the phone on "speaker" and record, your getting around "the assumption of privacy" as soon as you say "hold on, let me put you on speaker phone" at that point they must assume someone else could hear the conversation.  :2thumbs: 

lisiecki1

Quote from: Troy on August 17, 2009, 07:01:07 PM

Troy

it's not illegal here in the great state of texas to record a phone conversation without informing the other party  :2thumbs:

glad i finally got to pass that information along to someone  :D
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html