News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

GM Vectors

Started by Matthan, August 10, 2009, 06:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthan

Someone gave me a set of Vector Rims but they are GM 5 Bolt pattern. Can I get some adapters that will allow them to fit on my 1970 Charger and if so what size should I be looking for and where can I get them?

TylerCharger69

Yes...those are the GM version of the Vectors.....the rim actually has the words "modern wheel" cast on the inside of them.  They were used on 1986 Buick Grand Nationals.  I got a set only to find this out.   My suggestion is to get the right rims for the car.  I've heard not so good things about wheel adapters.....noisy....snapping off......Not my personal experience but i've heard those issues a lot.

Mike DC

Adapters aren't winning any popularity contests but some guys do fine with them.  depends on the quality of the items and the usage.

Lots of guys just have the holes in the wheels punched out to unilug form. 

NMike

is crashing you car worth the cost of a set of rims? loosing a wheel at speed is not a pleasant experience. 

Mike DC

Unilugs are safe enough that wheels were built & sold that way for a long time.  Assuming you're running a hub-centering rim. 

It's not the best way, but neither is half the things that we do with these cars.  Just cruising in a stock-appearing resto is already crazy unsafe by a lot of yardsticks.  The steering wheels, the columns, the seat frames, the belt setups, the metal roof under the headliner at the sides  .  .  .