News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wheel Lugs

Started by Plumcrazy R/T, August 13, 2009, 07:20:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plumcrazy R/T

I have been looking for some time now for some lug studs for the front of my car. Its a 70 with disc brakes. I belive they are 1/2" left hand threads. I have found the R/H but no luck on the L/H threads. Does anyone know where I could purchase a few? I have tried all of the local part store and I even asked most of the vendors at the nats with no luck.
Thanks
1970 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

Im fairly sure Bill Alphin of A & M High-Tech Auto sells the correct lug nuts....they are a fairly new "correct" repro part with the correct "pimple top"

http://amhightechauto.com/
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

RD

o'reilly's does sell left hand thread studs in their dorman catalog.  i am at home so i dont have the part number, but i have found them before for my 68 charger.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

6bblgt

Dorman was the manufacturer of the LH studs they have been discontinued and it appears most of the stock has dried up.  Try out of the way older NAPA type stores.

bull

No offense but why do you have to have southpaw studs?

Plumcrazy R/T

If you mean by southpaw left handed threads because thats what was on the car. I just bought a whole new set of Cragar SS wheels and BF Goodrich tires  and a car set of lug nut 10 L/H and 10 R/H and I was installing them and one of the lugs stripped out.  :brickwall: I had no idea L/H studs would be so difficult to get.  :shruggy: I have tried all suggestions so far and came up empty, everyone says they are discontinued. If anyone has any ideas please let me know otherwise I guess I will have to buy all R/H studs and new lugnuts.
1970 Charger R/T

NMike

ebay the left hand studs and lugs, just get right hand parts. the show judges will never know :D

oldcarnut

How many do you need?  I just recently changed mine out to RH on my 70 RR and may have them still around.  If you forget to tell them, too many tire stores etc. just don't know about the lefties until they popped them all off with the impact guns  :eek2: so I changed out all of mine on the cars I've had.

Plumcrazy R/T

I only have one bad in the front but I would buy as many as 4 or 5 just to have extras.
1970 Charger R/T

gtx6970

Just so you know ALL left hand studs have been dis-continued from the manufacturer ( dorman)
IF you find any , buy all you can get .
I bought every left hand stud they had when it was announced 2 years ago.

The only leftys I have left are a few left handers for the 66-69 B-body disc brake rotor cars

oldcarnut

Does this look like yours?  Front disc 70 RR. 
"Just so you know ALL left hand studs have been dis-continued from the manufacturer ( dorman)
IF you find any , buy all you can get."

I guess that means it's worth a bazillion bucks now  :nana:  but if this looks like yours Plum, just pm me your address and I'll just send it to you.  I may hold onto the others in case someone else has a bad one or maybe evil bay them off in the future  :shruggy:
David

Plumcrazy R/T

Oldcarnut

I sent you a PM

Thanks
1970 Charger R/T

Neal_J

REVIVING AN OLD THREAD

Just checking availability of LH studs.  Are they still unobtainable or is anyone yet reproducing them?

Peace, Neal

c00nhunterjoe

Whats the big deal? Just put standard studs in it. If you are putting cragers and bfg's on it, then its not "showroom origonal" so why fight for an expensive obsolete part?

Neal_J

Fair point.  The short answer is that I have no logical reason to want to keep this aspect original, but I really do. 

Peace, Neal

charger Downunder

[/quote]

Neal_J