News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need an engine builder

Started by gasoline_24, June 09, 2009, 08:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gasoline_24

I had decided on an engine builder in KS, but I discovered they do not do a whole lot of Mopar engines.  They mostly handle Chevys.  Does anybody know a good engine builder in or near KS that could assemble and dyno my 505 build?  Would any of you have a concern about having a primarily Chevy builder build your Mopar engine?  I don't know if this is something to be too worried about, but don't want somebody learning on my dime.  I will be spending a fair amount on this engine build and only want to do it once.

Who are the rest of the Kansas Mafia member using to build their engines?  How about engine dyno?

Challenger340

Just my opinion
If you find a competant Engine Builder, primarily Chev based or Not, you should get a decent Engine.

That said,
the "nuances" of Building Mopars, more generally relate ultimately, to "tricks" that can be applied, to enhance the Engines output powerwise, and probably gain the "experience benefit", of a Mopar Specialty Builder.

Any Meat-brain can build a Chev, or a Ford, or a Mopar for that matter.
But I believe the "best" of each brand, powerwise, comes from the "Brand Specific" Shops ?

Just my opinion

Only wimps wear Bowties !

TexasStroker

Amarillo, Texas...more than willing to help you out:

Dedicated Mopar shop, 40 years or so of experience, easy to deal with, lots of stroker builds, and the #s to back them up.  And yes, we can even dyno the motor for you in house...Make the trip down and witness it in person  :coolgleamA:

Needless to say, you've got mail! 

Check your PMs  :2thumbs:

Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

TexasStroker

Did my PM not go thru?  I can re-send if it didn't!
www.lonestarmopars.com
Contact me for info!

gasoline_24

Well I did finally line up somebody to build my engine.  Thanks to Ron and Dwayne for the input and advice on putting this thing together.  I chose to go with Wayne Smothers out of Oolagah, OK.  It is a little drive from my house, but when I first met him I was very comfortable that he was going to get this thing put together right.  I helped that when I pulled up there were several mopars in his lot.  Don't see a lot of mopar guys in my area.  He also has a 1968 SS1 GTS dart.  Very nice looking car. 

I received a call from Wayne that the parts are all there and he is starting assembly of the lower end today and that everything will be put together and painted by next Friday.  We have the engine DYNO scheduled for next Saturday.  I feel like a little kid a week before Christmas.  I wish I could shake my package. 

I think I am on the downward slope and this thing should be back together within the next 4-6 weeks.  I will post the DYNO numbers as soon as I get them. Again Ron, thank you for all of your help.   :cheers: :cheers:

TexasStroker

Glad you found someone to take on the work for you...We would have been happy to do it, but I guess you saved a little bit of a drive, lol.

Looking forward to the the numbers!
www.lonestarmopars.com
Contact me for info!

gasoline_24

I seriously considered your shop, but the distance was much farther.  I hope business is booming for you.

TexasStroker

Thanks.  We are doing good, keeping it low key for now...

If you ever have anything else keep us in mind...I totally understand sticking close to home if possible though...I'd have done the same.
www.lonestarmopars.com
Contact me for info!