News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Billy Mays on coke? No way!

Started by Ponch ®, August 07, 2009, 04:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch ®

Who could have figured.... :eyes:

Autopsy: Cocaine contributed to Billy Mays' death
AP

By MITCH STACY, Associated Press Writer Mitch Stacy, Associated Press Writer – 6 mins ago

TAMPA, Fla. – An autopsy report shows that cocaine use contributed to the heart disease that suddenly killed TV pitchman Billy Mays in June, officials announced Friday.

The Hillsborough County medical examiner's office previously determined that the bearded, boisterous TV spokesman had a heart attack in his sleep. His wife found him unresponsive in bed in their Tampa condo June 28.

Mays was a pop-culture fixture with his energetic commercials pitching gadgets and cleaning products like Orange Glo and OxiClean.

While heart disease was the primary cause of death, a report released Friday by the medical examiner listed cocaine as a "contributory cause of death."

The medical examiner "concluded that cocaine use caused or contributed to the development of his heart disease, and thereby contributed to his death," the office said in a press release.

The office said Mays last used cocaine in the few days before his death but was not under the influence of the drug when he died. Hillsborough County spokeswoman Lori Hudson said nothing in the toxicology report indicated the frequency of Mays' cocaine use.

Cocaine can raise the arterial blood pressure, directly cause thickening of the left wall of the ventricle and accelerate the formation of atherosclerosis in the coronary arteries, the release said.

The toxicology tests also showed therapeutic amounts of painkillers hydrocodone, oxycodone and tramadol, as well as anti-anxiety drugs alprazolam and diazepam. Mays had suffered hip problems and was scheduled for hip-replacement surgery the day after he was found dead.

The McKees Rocks, Pa., native developed his style demonstrating knives, mops and other "As Seen on TV" gadgets on Atlantic City's boardwalk. For years he worked as a hired gun on the state fair and home show circuits, attracting crowds with his booming voice and genial manner.

He got his start on TV on the Home Shopping Network and then branched out into commercials and infomercials. He developed such a strong following that he became the subject of a reality TV series, Discovery Channel's "Pitchmen."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090807/ap_on_en_tv/us_billy_mays
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Mike DC

I had a relative who died after years of similar stuff.  

stimulants + depressants + heavy chronic usage  =  premature system failure

Silver R/T

Druggies end up dead before their time, don't do drugs guys
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

NHCharger

Quote from: Silver R/T on August 07, 2009, 07:10:51 PM

Keith Richards is laughing at you right now :lol: :lol: :lol:
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

RD

Quote from: NHCharger on August 07, 2009, 08:25:23 PM
Quote from: Silver R/T on August 07, 2009, 07:10:51 PM

Keith Richards is laughing at you right now :lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah, i want to look just like Keith Richards dont you?  money buys good doctors and good drugs (from good doctors). :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Khyron

it wasn't coke, he was snorting Oxiclean.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

PocketThunder

Quote from: Khyron on August 07, 2009, 09:17:56 PM
it wasn't coke, he was snorting Oxiclean.

Oxiclean has coke in it! who knew!?   :o
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Old Moparz

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Mike DC

Yeah, but a different law is in place with guys like Keith Richards. 

I think guys like that have reached some kind of tipping point.  After that, the drugs stopped killing them and started helping keep them alive. 

Landonsrt

rav440

i wonder if BILLY MAYS got his COKE from the SHAM-WOW guy ?
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

Shakey

Ponch ®

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on August 07, 2009, 11:26:29 PM

I think guys like that have reached some kind of tipping point.  After that, the drugs stopped killing them and started helping keep them alive.  

exactly. Even looking the way he has for the past 30 years, Keef has probably gotten more high quality poon than all of us combined ever will. So can you blame him for not really giving a shit?
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

bearbqd

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on August 07, 2009, 11:26:29 PM

I think guys like that have reached some kind of tipping point.  After that, the drugs stopped killing them and started helping keep them alive. 

Yeah, did you ever see the episode of the Simpsons when the doc showed Mr. Burns how all of his diseases were in perfect balance keeping him alive?
73 Cuda 440/500hp
71 Javelin in progress

TylerCharger69

Maybe that's the secret ingredient in Oxyclean!!!  Oxycontin....Oxyclean......who knew!!!