News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Just received my new Firecore plug wires...nice

Started by russg, August 11, 2009, 10:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

russg

I can highly recommend them, my old accel wires kept frying on my headers with the 90 deg boots.  These new Firecore wires shoot them out at an angle that easily clears my headers plus they have thicker boots and wires, you can tell they are high quality and I no longer have to put the little metal "booties" on the plug ends for heat protection. :2thumbs:  Still a newbie, Love this site!
73 Charger SE, 383, Headman headers, Holley 670 SA, Flowmaster Super 44's

b5blue

Wait till you see how nice the car runs now also!  :2thumbs:

firefighter3931

Welcome to the website Russ  :cheers:

Yep, those Firecore's are excellent wires.  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

c00nhunterjoe

firefighter3931

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on August 12, 2009, 08:00:15 PM
the 50 or 250's? what's teh difference?

The 8mm stock replacement wiresets are now 250 ohm. The previous sets were causing some minor AM radio interferance issues so the design was modified.

Rick made the decision to increase the outer jacket thickness to limit EMI and make the core slightly thinner resulting in the higher resistance. Even at 250 ohms/foot these are better than most of the Competition's "race" wire !

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

c00nhunterjoe

so how do these compare to the taylor 10.5mm's.

these are what i was going to be ordering for mine- http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TAY-98087/

russg

What they recommended and what I have is the 50's 8.5mm Pro Fit wires as shown in pic (if it shows), extra thick for added heat protection.
73 Charger SE, 383, Headman headers, Holley 670 SA, Flowmaster Super 44's

Belgium R/T -68

I used my first set on my GTX, the Charger has them aswell. Just the feeling when you snap them on is perfect, I've always
had problems knowing if the cable were correct connected or not. :2thumbs:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

firefighter3931

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on August 12, 2009, 08:48:22 PM
so how do these compare to the taylor 10.5mm's.

these are what i was going to be ordering for mine- http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TAY-98087/

The Firecores are the best wires out there period. Lots of guys are now running them with excellent results and increased power....lower Et's, higher mph etc...

Koffel runs them on the Lake Erie monster....blown alky B1 engine with a 44 Supermag. They used to get a w/e out of racing with the MSD's but can now get an entire season out of a set of Firecores.  :2thumbs:

I used to be a MSD user but their quality has deteriated over the years....particularly the boots which are prone to cracking and spark leaks. I've seen several sets of newer MSD's spark leaking onto headers after only a few months of use which is discouraging. The Firecores were originally designed and built for extreme conditions (Nascar) so it's no surprise that they hold up so well in street/strip & bracket racing applications. The quality and construction is awesome.

Ron

b5blue

Prior to installing them my car wanted nothing to do with any pump gas other than Shell or Sunoco Premium, now I think I can get away with anyone's and maybe even 87 octane!