News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 charger 500 deck lid numbers

Started by mcode, August 10, 2009, 08:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcode

hi guys,

i recently found a prospective c500. i am trying to find out the answer to a missing deck lid number.
i am currently considering a car that does not have the rear deck lid number. is it common for xx c500's not to have this number due to the window conversion?

i appeciate any input,
charles

hemi68charger

If there's no evidence of the drain channel being replaced or sectioned, I'm sure it's there. Even if the complete quarter section was replaced, then the seq# of that particular donor car would be there. I believe reproduction channels are relatively new if not offered. Now, there's ALWAYS a chance that it never got stamped. Also, the stamp itself may have been created with minimal force thereby making the impressions in the metal very faint. The stamping of a '69 Charger 500 wouldn't be any different in position than another other production Charger. There's always the core support stamping as well. The a-pillars would have holes, created by the deflectors, in them that normally wouldn't be there.

Troy

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

Quote from: mcode on August 10, 2009, 08:15:31 PM
hi guys,

i recently found a prospective c500. i am trying to find out the answer to a missing deck lid number.
i am currently considering a car that does not have the rear deck lid number. is it common for xx c500's not to have this number due to the window conversion?

i appeciate any input,
charles
any pictures ????
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

PocketThunder

Hey look what i found..  :2thumbs:  I didnt scrape down far enough on my car.

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hemi68charger

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 10, 2009, 09:55:00 PM
Hey look what i found..  :2thumbs:  I didnt scrape down far enough on my car.

I knew it had to be there.......  :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

mcode

thanks guys for the info, much appreciated
charles