News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68-69 Chargers viewed as best designed Muscle car. Hemmings article

Started by 1969chargerrtse, August 09, 2009, 06:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Seeing my family has no idea about how loved my car is, outside of my opinion. It's nice to see a printed article proving it is the best designed Muscle car out there.
Last month Hemmings classic car did the 10 best Dodge deals. One of the editorials did an article called Dodge dreams and in that article he talked about the 68 to 69 Chargers calling them THE BEST DESIGNED MUSCLE CAR OF ALL TIME. This book is a keeper for me.

Why 70 is not in there is beyond me?  I actually had to go back and modify this thread as I put 68 to 70 in it and then after re reading it noticed 68 to 69.. Gotta be a mistake all 3 years are the same body style and equally as nice looking.  :-\

They also did a great article about a loaded 72 Charger SE that has air but clear class for the Doris day show.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

OldGuy

Maybe it is the wrap-around front bumper on the 1970 that got it excluded from the list :shruggy:
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

firefighter3931

I suppose even the "experts" can make a mistake.  :lol:

There's no way that the 70 should be excluded off that list.  :flame:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Chris G.

If that small little write up posted is all they wrote, then I would hardly call it worthy of anything. They mention 68/69, but only really describe a '68. A wide mouth grille on a '69? Umm...it's split.

Hemmings is notorious for posting anything they want. Even if they mentioned the '70, I would hardly call this a credible write up or something worth saving and showing to relatives.

:Twocents:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Chris G. on August 09, 2009, 09:37:31 AM
If that small little write up posted is all they wrote, then I would hardly call it worthy of anything. They mention 68/69, but only really describe a '68. A wide mouth grille on a '69? Umm...it's split.

Hemmings is notorious for posting anything they want. Even if they mentioned the '70, I would hardly call this a credible write up or something worth saving and showing to relatives.

:Twocents:
I like it and will be saving it.  They were talking about many of the Classic Dodge cars it was nice to see a magazine writer call our cars as we see them which is the best designed Muscle car.  To me it's like having best friends. I have several there is no way I can appoint one to that title.  First cars on my list are the 69 Charger, 69 GTO ( hide aways ) and 69 RS/SS Camaro.  Conv's on the GM cars please.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

The70RT

They say that about the Charger but they put a Challenger on the cover  :shruggy:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

LoneStar Mopar

I have that article at my house. To me it is a great issue from a great magazine. There is a little bit more stated about the second generation chargers  than the one quote they highlighted off to the side to catch the readers attention. The statement is the writers opinion and not from a poll or anything, but hey good press is good press.

As far as mistakes go, there could be some. These aeren't dyed in the wool Mopar guys making a strickly Mopar magazine. This is a magazine about all types of collector cars from the 1890s thru the 1980s. Sometimes they do special editions about one make. This time it was about Mopar muscle cars. The last time they did an edition dedicated to a specific make it was about Mercury's called Mercury Mania.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: The70RT on August 09, 2009, 09:54:07 AM
They say that about the Charger but they put a Challenger on the cover  :shruggy:
The cover story and the editorial comments are 2 different things.

Shakey

1969chargerrtse

G-man

I guess the fact the charger was "redesigned" in 1968 as to why thats the best charger ever. 69 and 70 were just following suit of te original kickass idea and just changed the cosmetics (tailights etc). However, they did ruin the 70 with that wrap around chrome idea. That swayed off the traditional square front the 68/69 have. The best muscle car ever designed was 68, ask top gear.  :lol:

If it wasnt for 68 there would not have been a 69 so  :nana:

The70RT

Quote from: G-man on August 10, 2009, 08:25:38 AM
I guess the fact the charger was "redesigned" in 1968 as to why thats the best charger ever. 69 and 70 were just following suit of te original kickass idea and just changed the cosmetics (tailights etc). However, they did ruin the 70 with that wrap around chrome idea. That swayed off the traditional square front the 68/69 have. The best muscle car ever designed was 68, ask top gear.  :lol:

And if it wasn't for the 70 we wouldn't have high impact colors, pistol grip shifters, door scoops, high back buckets, 6 packs.....yada yada yada  :nana:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

G-man

Quote from: The70RT on August 10, 2009, 09:16:52 AM
Quote from: G-man on August 10, 2009, 08:25:38 AM

And if it wasn't for the 70 we wouldn't have high impact colors, pistol grip shifters, door scoops, high back buckets, 6 packs.....yada yada yada  :nana:

I dont like high impact colours on the charger, I prefer the hurst Shifter (nice ball), door scoops I also dont like (thats what suits mustangs) and I do like the low bucket seats with the head rest attachment more. 6 pack is cool but HEMI is what goes for me. Wow, there really is nothing in 70 for me... wait a sec.... the rear tailight on the 70 I like more than whats on the 68. Much meaner.

But yeah, "All" chargers are cool 68-70  :D