News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is the Hemi too hot?

Started by Sixt8Chrgr, August 15, 2009, 09:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeattleCharger

The hemi is definately too hot, . . .   for any chevy or ford to go up against, that is.    :D

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Sixt8Chrgr

Quote from: acelondon on August 17, 2009, 10:12:36 PM
Id say electric water pump and a big electric fan.

Actually, start with the electric fan, Should drop idle temps hugely, because it isn't RPM dependent.

are you running a fan shroud? how much clearance does you fan have from the rad and shroud?

It should be a tight fit in the shroud and also be deep in it. If its hanging out of the shroud, you might need a spacer to get proper air flow.
Yes have a shroud.....fan sits deep in the shourd....not much clearance at all between radiator and fan....car has a spacer.

Thanks

suntech

Ron posted som very good reading here today, about his problems with 440 source water pump housing. (sticky on top of page)
Could it be something like that?? Maybe other vendor with a crappy design?? :shruggy:

I am building a fuel injected 611 aluminum hemi, and has a Griffin rad, with shroud and 2 pull fans. Still not decided on pump yet. We are going to do some testing there.
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Sixt8Chrgr

As it turns out he has been running a near 50/50 mix of coolant to water.

The water pump is a new aluminum casting aftermarket. I dont know the brand name off hand.

The torque converter on this car is not right. We hope to have the correct one in the car within the next few weeks. Would the wrong torque converter cause the car to over heat?

Thanks for all the replys.

Ghoste

Well the first thing that jumps out at me is the aftermarket aluminum water pump, does he have it in an aftermarket aluminum housing as well?  A torque converter with a high stall can generate a lot of heat around town.