News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

C500 latchtray/grille bolts

Started by richRTSE, August 18, 2009, 10:56:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

richRTSE

I've been digging through some of the boxes of parts that came with my 500. I'm trying to figure out where all the screws and bolts go. I looked through some reference pictures I had and I noticed a difference in the hood latch bolts on two cars that I thought were both survivors. The bolts for the grill have different size washers. One car was the black and red hemi car which has the large washers and the other was a red/white stripe/white interior car which has smaller washers.  It seems like I have the larger washer bolts, but it looks a little funny to me. :scratchchin: Is one of these cars more correct thatn the other, or did creative just use whatever they had laying around?

Thanks, Rich

richRTSE

richRTSE

Also, does anyone know what this is? I don't recall seeing this when I did my '69 R/T... :shruggy:

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: richRTSE on August 18, 2009, 10:59:35 AM
Also, does anyone know what this is? I don't recall seeing this when I did my '69 R/T... :shruggy:

That looks just like the patch piece I made for the rusted out brace under the top of my fender, back near the doors. :Twocents:

69_500

Rich you would be best to go with how the black car was done rather than how my R4 red car is. There are plenty of things that are wrong on my car so if you want it done right, don't use it as an example. I know it is my car in the picture due to the red bolt and crappy repaint showing.

richRTSE

Quote from: 69_500 on August 18, 2009, 06:49:12 PM
Rich you would be best to go with how the black car was done rather than how my R4 red car is. There are plenty of things that are wrong on my car so if you want it done right, don't use it as an example. I know it is my car in the picture due to the red bolt and crappy repaint showing.

Wrong or not, I still think your car looks good.  :2thumbs: This is it, isn't it?

moparstuart

looks way better then my R-4 car   :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69_500

Yuppers that would be my C500 in the picture, and there is even a view of me in the background. Ugly guy with the tank top on.

My car has tons of things wrong on it, but there are some things that are still right. Paint looks decent in photo's from 10 feet away or so, but up close its a different story.

nascarxx29

I will see if I can find any underhood pictures of my friends car.Its been in our area since the 70s pretty original car
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701