News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wheel Well Moldings: Yes or No

Started by Foreman72, August 10, 2009, 12:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheel well trim rings: Keep or Pitch

Keep
35 (60.3%)
Pitch
23 (39.7%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Foreman72

so i'm trying to decide wether or not to keep the trim rings around the wheel wells...i'm getting rid of most of the unneeded trim ie side moldings ect...i have seen 72s with them that i like and i have seen ones without that i like...i'm leaning towards without...any thoughts?
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

Belgium R/T -68

I like them, it brakes off the big wheelopenings a little bit. Or maybe I'm just old fashioned. :scratchchin:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

b5blue

Add them back when ya finish everything else and your wanting to tinker with it. Get to work on that car... :slap:

Bob

Foreman72

Quote from: b5blue on August 10, 2009, 01:26:22 PM
Add them back when ya finish everything else and your wanting to tinker with it. Get to work on that car... :slap:

can't wait to dude...leaving for college and all has kinda dropped it on the priority chain u kno...
Eric "Foreman"

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.

CDN72SE

I say keep them, gives a finished look. Ah ok, I just like chrome and I miss driving a car with some chrome. :'(
1972 Charger SE

b5blue

Eric now what's more important! Driving a really bitch-in babe magnet, or some dumb degree that will change the rest of your life for the better!  :smilielol: What's your major in?

Foreman72

Quote from: b5blue on August 10, 2009, 02:29:03 PM
Eric now what's more important! Driving a really bitch-in babe magnet, or some dumb degree that will change the rest of your life for the better!  :smilielol: What's your major in?

youth ministry and music...i'm leaving the 26th and i can't wait...but i hope to work on it slowly while i'm there..piece by piece...

also, if you care to donate 10k, that might speed up the process :D
:lol:
Eric "Foreman"

tricky lugnuts

If you're pulling off all the rest of the chrome trim on your car off I'd keep the wheel well trim off too.

Don't know if I'd "pitch" it though. If you do, pitch it my way! I can't fine a good set of wheel well trim for my '71 SE for less than $325 and at that price I've decided to "keep" it off my car!

Agree with some of the other posters. Even if you keep the trim off your car for now, keep it so you can always put it back on later if the fancy arises to try something different.  :Twocents:

Foreman72

Quote from: tricky lugnuts on August 10, 2009, 02:35:02 PM
If you're pulling off all the rest of the chrome trim on your car off I'd keep the wheel well trim off too.

Don't know if I'd "pitch" it though. If you do, pitch it my way! I can't fine a good set of wheel well trim for my '71 SE for less than $325 and at that price I've decided to "keep" it off my car!

Agree with some of the other posters. Even if you keep the trim off your car for now, keep it so you can always put it back on later if the fancy arises to try something different.  :Twocents:

i mean, looking at my signature picture, it does look kinda sparse w/o the wheel well trim...but i think i'd have to see the two options in person to really decide
Eric "Foreman"

b5blue

If I had 10 large I'd be going too! Have you looked into grants and such. (for school not your car) I've been looking around for my boys on that. Go to USA.Gov and check it out.  :2thumbs:

Foreman72

Quote from: b5blue on August 10, 2009, 02:39:42 PM
If I had 10 large I'd be going too! Have you looked into grants and such. (for school not your car) I've been looking around for my boys on that. Go to USA.Gov and check it out.  :2thumbs:

yeah i actually picked up 10k in scholarships for this year which was a huge blessing...but i'll look into that...thanks neal
Eric "Foreman"

b5blue

In there they have a survey thing you fill out and it tells you what you may be eligible for from the Gov., try it! Good Luck to ya!

mikesbbody

I would leave it off  :Twocents: but keep it dont throw away!

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

devilgear

I took mine off and it looks 100x's better to me. I hate chrome looking things anyway. But it really depends on your look.I'm going for a smoothed out less is more thing. What is your final vision? Then go with that.Like others said.Take it off but keep them near.Me...Mine are off and I'm gonna sell them.

Nitrox

Chargers should look like axe murderers. Keep that pretty shit off it.

Khyron

keep em.

Your charger can look like an axe murderer, Mine will continue to have class.

Charger have what other cars had to pay for. keep em and remember, it was a standard option.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

mikesbbody

Quote from: Nitrox on August 10, 2009, 10:58:15 PM
Chargers should look like axe murderers. Keep that pretty shit off it.

I agree, awesome Charger  :2thumbs: but, have you thought about losing the Bumper guards? that would make it look even better IMO

Nitrox

Quote from: Khyron on August 10, 2009, 11:32:35 PM
Your charger can look like an axe murderer, Mine will continue to have class.

Class? Buy a Rolls if you want class. Chargers are for blue collared trouble makers. Its the bad boys car...didnt everybody know that?

Take off my bumper guards!?!? Hell no! Those are fangs baby! Fangs for sinking into sissy e-bodies with pretty paintjobs and stickers...and fangless Chargers.

mikesbbody

I never really thought of them as "Fangs" that's pretty cool though  :2thumbs: there's something
bad ass about Black Chargers...the ultimate "Bad Guy's" car  :yesnod:

Foreman72

well hey check out this commercial...bad boy alright :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv0vYc1x6po

anyways...these two pictures are the front runners for both campaigns...favorites from each if you will

i gotta say, i like it better without as it stands right now...and not for the sake of murdering anyone, just because i think it looks cleaner...
Eric "Foreman"

jaak

Im with the "keep em" crowd. I have always liked wheel opening and rocker moldings on Mopars.

Jason

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

mauve66

i say leave it off but keep for trading something else you need in the future
when i took mine off i gave most of everything away to a father/son project and never got to see the end result
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment