News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

picture of charger with daytona wing wanted

Started by nelson_audet, August 10, 2009, 07:45:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nelson_audet

any of you have in his collection, a picture of a 69 or 70 charger with only the daytona wing on it?

i have see picture of 1 member road runner 69 with wing... but i would like to see the looking of a 69 70 charger with the wing only...
69 Charger RT 440 4 SPD 4.10 Dana car B5 blue

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

nelson_audet

i have see the duketone... but i talk about a original looking charger...

hotrod98

Here ya go,

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

nelson_audet

thx
it is cool picture.. but the wing need the daytona trunk stripe.. without the stripe , i dont like the looking...

FJ5WING

:Twocents: there are wingcars and there are cars with wings.

I dont like the add ons. :shruggy:
wingless now, but still around.

hotrod98

Personally, I like the wings added to the Chargers and the Runners. I've owned dozens of Chargers and Roadrunners and I think they all look a little bulky. The wings tend to take some of that away.

We took the wingrunner up to Branson this last weekend along with a couple of the Cudas. We drove the Cudas and let some friends drive the runner around town all weekend and they had a nice time.

Charles Addams

nelson_audet

your car is beautifull with the wing.. but it will be more beautifull with the  PLYMOUTH decal on the quarter... decal in white...

nascarxx29

I noticed the 69 wingrunner has the wing decals on it now :2thumbs: :2thumbs: Hope they worked out for it was my last NOS set I had lying around
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

nelson_audet

Quote from: nascarxx29 on August 10, 2009, 04:39:32 PM
I noticed the 69 wingrunner has the wing decals on it now :2thumbs: :2thumbs:Hope they worked out for it was my last NOS set I had lying around

yep ! the wing decal is beautifull on this member car! i love the plymouth decal on the quarter... with his blue color the white decal will be beautifull if he decided to put it on his car

BigBlockSam

Quotewith the  PLYMOUTH decal on the quarter... decal in white...

Na, it looks good like it is . the wing decal just breaks up the blue nicely .  :2thumbs:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hotrod98

I decided that I liked it better without the big quarter decal. I added the wing decals so that the wing wouldn't look so bland. Looks fine to me.
We're thinking about installing a new TCI tranny and having the a/c repaired and then driving the car to St. Louis for the MMW show. Then again, we may take the safe, easy route and just drive the Daytona pickup again. I'm getting both lazy and cautious in my old age.

Charles Addams

moparstuart

take the runner  or finish the daytona and bring it
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

nelson_audet

Quote from: hotrod98 on August 10, 2009, 05:31:27 PM
I decided that I liked it better without the big quarter decal. I added the wing decals so that the wing wouldn't look so bland. Looks fine to me.
We're thinking about installing a new TCI tranny and having the a/c repaired and then driving the car to St. Louis for the MMW show. Then again, we may take the safe, easy route and just drive the Daytona pickup again. I'm getting both lazy and cautious in my old age.

anyway your RR look amazing with decal or not...

hotrod98

Thanks.

There's no way that I would have the time to finish the Daytona. I have to get back on the black runner this week. We need to have it to the trim shop in about three weeks. When it's out of the shop, I can then work on my own stuff for a few weeks.
The stuff that needs to be done to the wingrunner is simple. I can change a tranny out in a couple of hours. I have a complete front end rebuild kit so I'll change out to the front disc brakes when I rebuild the front end. That's about a one day job there. I'll take it over to my buddy's a/c repair shop and have him replace the condensor and possibly the soft lines. It's going to be gutsy driving it for the seven hours that it takes to get to St.Louis.

Oh, it did vapor lock on Saturday at the show when Eric was driving it. That's the first time ever. It was over 95 degrees. I need to figure out what caused that. It has a metal fuel filter that sits right in front of the carb but not against the intake. Any idea how to prevent this problem in the future. I plan to take a small bottle of gas to prime the carb in case it happens again.
We poured a little fuel in the carb, closed the choke by hand and it fired right up. It's a little embarrassing when things like that happen.

Charles Addams

Roth68rt

A383Wing

I have these pics

BigBlockSam

Quotee're thinking about installing a new TCI tranny

HEY MISTER!

I have a tci trans in my rod . they shift real hard . it makes my cd skip every time it shifts . i luv it in the rod but i don't think i'd like it in my daytona.  :icon_smile_big:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

Quote from: A383Wing on August 10, 2009, 10:13:07 PM
I have these pics
that top red car is now a full blown daytona clone  , in turquoes

hotrod98

And that last red car was totalled. The guy was selling it off in pieces a few years ago at Topeka.

The TCI trans that I bought is the street fighter version.

Charles Addams

moparstuart

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
QuoteAnd that last red car was totalled. The guy was selling it off in pieces a few years ago at Topeka.

The TCI trans that I bought is the street fighter version.
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

i remember that it ended up going off the road and flew up in a tree  , who ever bought it was putting it back together as a charger i heard . I was interested but all the wing cars parts were gone except one fender scoop and it still sold for 3500.00 mangled .

pettybird

Dave Smith of IA owned/crashed it. 

Mike Svec made up shirts that said "I survived the mountain" on the front and "SCALWG didn't" on the backs for the next year's meet. 

A bunch of guys went running around the mountains in TN, but only Dave met the drunk coming the other way...

nelson_audet

what is the price of a repro daytona wing ?

Blown70

Fiberglass, I think $700

Like original from dayclona $2,400 (I think)

from Dane  $1,600 or so.  (hollow aluminum too, like orignial)

hope that helps

T

hotrod98

Good fiberglass with aluminum inserts runs around $1300
Dane builds the hollow ones occasionally for around $1700
I can't remember what Mike at Dayclona charges for his.
Don Currie can build a steel skin over tubular frame, but he's usually too busy to build them.
I have one of Dane's wings on my clone and a steel over tubular Superbird wing from Don on my wing runner.
Both are nice.

Charles Addams