News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Jessie James is a Dead Man---- How About J.J. is a Jackass

Started by 1FastCharger, August 09, 2009, 03:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1FastCharger

Is anyone else tired of it? I like to watch UFC and DEA on Spike, but I get sick of hearing the JJ commercials. Now the newest one about the hydrogen salt car. UUggggg......"no one else but Jessie could ever do it...he will change auto history forever"...bullshit. I just watched a show the other day (Bonneville) where a team of college kids built a hydrogen streamliner. The other thing that irritates me is the commentator. He has to make everything overly dramatic. OOOhhhh JJ got a splinter....it could get infected and he COULD DIE!! This commentator must have gone to the John Burnell (Cops) school of commentating.

OK rant over.
66 A100 - 68 Charger - 69 Charger

mauve66

no, i completely agree, about both commentators, please go on.................... :popcrn: :popcrn:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

68X426

Please, more, more. :cheers:

I stopped watching after seeing just one show (the desert race), where JJ withstood over one million G forces, plus or minus, or whatever the announcer breathlessly claimed the G forces to be.

Apparently JJ is stalked by the Grim Reaper every moment. Right. It got old, fast, even faster than the 9000 miles per hour he will exceed in some show.

JJ can never match the greatest ride of all. Please see Slim Pickens and the final scene from the awesome movie, Dr. Strangelove.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueuauKKjPZI

Can't be topped. Go away JJ.  :yesnod:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

bull

You guys are just jealous because he gets paid 50X what you get paid to basically be a 16-year-old punk with a hot wife and a bottomless pit full of the kinds of toys you've always wanted. I'm jelous too.

1FastCharger

It really sucks for me because I like those kinds of shows. Anything car related - motorsports, chases, builds etc....

I wanted to watch Monster car garage because I love watching how the build custom stuff, but JJ ruined it for me. He acks like an ass. It is his way or get out. No one can come up with their own idea. Where is the creativity?

In a similar way I found it hard to watch American Hotrod. I thought both Boyd and Duh-wanye were both buttholes.

I did watch Overhaulin all the time. I know a lot of guys don't like Foose's style, but he seems like a genuinly nice guy.....someone you could actually hang out with without wanting to punch him in the face.

Now one the high speed chase side...I like those shows....as long as John Burnell is not talking. He always has to make the cop look like he was almost killed on ever chase. I know cops are real heroes out there protecting us, but his naratives really suck. I remember one chase on a hairpin curve. The perp lost control...the car flipped and the perp flew out. The cop also lost control and slid sideways into a guardrail right next to where the perp landed. Lucky for the perp indeed, but old Burnell said the cop "SAW" the guy fly out and turned the car to avoid crushing him. I SAY BS!!! The cop was already sideways when the perp flew out. It was just luck that he didn't get squashed.

I am glad they are not the commentators for the UFC!!

Chatt69chgr

The show is for morons.  But I would say that Jesse is laughing all the way to the bank.  For that matter, I get 185 channels and nothing is on worth watching but Andy Griffith reruns.  I keep Comcast so I can tune in every morning to see if the world is going to get blown up that day or not.

1FastCharger

Quote from: bull on August 09, 2009, 09:18:25 PM
You guys are just jealous because he gets paid 50X what you get paid to basically be a 16-year-old punk with a hot wife and a bottomless pit full of the kinds of toys you've always wanted. I'm jelous too.

Ummmm...no. I just cannot stand him. Now someone like Foose I am jealous of. Heck I would even be jealous of the West Coast customs dude, but not JJ....wouldn't want to be him. Sorry.

Landonsrt

I hate watching those John Burnell shows and hearing the same dumbass sound effects for every chase. Wow, we're in a helicopter 200 feet above the chase but we're gonna hear every tire squeal, horn honking, woman screaming just like if we were in the damn car!!! He's like Bob Saget doing AFHV.

1FastCharger

moparguy01

all i can say is that there is a reason i dont have cable.

Mike DC

QuoteI hate watching those John Burnell shows and hearing the same dumbass sound effects for every chase. Wow, we're in a helicopter 200 feet above the chase but we're gonna hear every tire squeal, horn honking, woman screaming just like if we were in the damn car!!! He's like Bob Saget doing AFHV.

The sound effects are annoying but I grew to love that guy doing the show.  Amusingly cheesy. 

------------------------------------------

In the new "Dukes of Hazzard" movie, I was SO wishing there would be a quick shot of that guy doing his full-blown cheesy commentary over some chopper footage of the Duke boys running from the Atlanta cops. 

"These rednecks thought they were gonna get a fast ride out of town!  But the only thing they were getting . . . was a ride to JAIL!"

b5blue

I stopped watching anything from/with jj (notice not capital letters) when I realized he had made enough money to pay back all the people he stole cars from and didn't. (yet still chuckles/brags about....he's just a punk)

1BAD68

John Burnell is awesome, I love all the comments he makes like "when the devil comes down to Georgia, he brings a fast car, a bad attitude, and a bag of dope" and "for these criminals, cash is for taking, cars are for chasing and law is for breaking" Thats just classic.

PocketThunder

Quote from: Landonsrt on August 09, 2009, 09:38:19 PM
I hate watching those John Burnell shows and hearing the same dumbass sound effects for every chase. Wow, we're in a helicopter 200 feet above the chase but we're gonna hear every tire squeal, horn honking, woman screaming just like if we were in the damn car!!! He's like Bob Saget doing AFHV.

Bob Saget!   :rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

dukeboy_01

My take on James is this...he seems to have everyone else doing all the work on his shows.  I for one am not impressed with his ability...you guys hit the nail on the head when talking about Foose...he is much more talented and does things much more interesting to me.  Not to mention James is cocky and windier than a bag full of assholes.. :Twocents:

myk

Well Foose actually HAS talent.  I mean, he can pen something and then physically make it a reality.  That to me is talent.  Correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm just going on what I've heard, but JJ is just some kind of modern day Evil Knievel with a bad attitude? That's not talent, that describes half of the teenagers on my block; he just gets paid big bucks for it...   

GN

I agree with b5blue. Just a punk! The show is stupid too.

Mike DC

I know a guy who actually ran across JJ in his bike shop a year or two ago.  He was going in there with a good $10,000 worth of business on his mind, but the guy was an impatient dick and totally shoved him off to another employee on the spot. 

Landonsrt

I have been tivo'ing the JJ is a dead man. I have been amused until today. I was watching the episode where he tries  to drive a side cart race bike. For some reason, they always make him drive something else in the show that has nothing really to do with his stunt. Anyway he was told he was going to be drifting with Rhys Millen. All J.J. could do was say what a complete joke drifting was and that he might as well be sleeping through the day when Millen was trying to teach him how to drive! What a Prick!!! One quote from him" People think drifting is cool, Its Not!" After that i just deleted the rest of the episode and all the others.

Ryhs Millen is an awesome driver and Jessie James is such an arrogant prick that he thinks himself better? I think his taste in bikes suck, His style.....

O.C.C. all the way!!!!!

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic