News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger Purchased sight unseen from Simon at azaap

Started by mike r, August 07, 2009, 09:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike r

Hi Guys,

Well my Charger showed up today, It is a day to remember. Man, what a sight as they shipper was backing up down my block to drop her off. To be honest, it is even nicer then the seller said it was (Simon at azaap.com) what a gentleman. It is such a pleasure to do business with Simon and his wife Norma. The Charger is very clean and very tight. No rattling or noises, the front end is like new. He gave me a 2 page list of the things he had done to the Charger in the past couple of years and it was lagite, everything that he said was done was. My friend Tom from 5 buck charger stopped by today to to check it over. I hope to do business with Simon and one day soon. The only problem I had was the shipper left the overhead light on in the car, when he showed up he needed to jump the car. He didnt know how to open the hood, I was watching him pull down on the the trim to the noise of the Charger (it was like slow motion NOOOOOOOOOOOO) but it was to late he broke a couple of the tabs (man that sucked)

Here is a couple pictures, I hope you enjoy them

My new charger side by side with the 5 buck charger

Dans 68

Congratulations!  :cheers:  Very nice! Post more pics when you can. Love those '68's.... :icon_smile_wink:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

charge-it

Nice Charger. I hope you got the insurance info from the shipper. Have you ever priced out 68 Charger grill parts, not to mention what's involved with replacing any grill parts. You'll have to pull the whole grill assembly out to be able to work on it.
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

mike r

Hi Guys,

Thank you for the nice words, I will be sure and post some more pics soon.

I didnt get the shippers insurance info, he didnt mean it. I would hate to see the driver get in trouble for something like that. I know its involved and not cheap, but what can I do. Its a happy day nun the less  :2thumbs:

Khyron

heeh your one off on year with both :lol:

j/k nice cars :)

ohh and I would have kicked him in the nuts for breaking the grill.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

charge-it

Well, as long as your happy, that's all that counts. Welcome to the 68 Charger club! 1968 started what in my opinion was the best looking Chargers of all time. 68, 69, and 70 Chargers were some of the best looking cars to ever be produced by Chrysler.
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

RECHRGD

Quote from: charge-it on August 07, 2009, 10:04:06 PM
Well, as long as your happy, that's all that counts. Welcome to the 68 Charger club! 1968 started what in my opinion was the best looking Chargers of all time. 68, 69, and 70 Chargers were some of the best looking cars to ever be produced by Chrysler.

I agree!! Welcome aboard!!  Your a lot more easy going than I would have been with the driver, but you,ve probably got lower blood pressure than I do.  Anybody that would pull a dumb stunt like that has no business transporting classic vehicles IMHO.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

azaapcom

i am so happy mike loves the charger, its tough for me to see the pictures of it as i only sold it to buy a 68 rt that i had a verbal that it was mine now the guy has decided not to sell :RantExplode: so i am now moparless and i have to drive my wifes 68 mustang to the local cruise nights :pity: but i have a lead on another 68 and it is identical to the one i just sold but it needs total restoration :brickwall: i will post pictures when my wife gets home       simon azaap.com                     

quapman

Can you file a claim with the shipper? Why are so many of these guys so tardy?

moparstuart

Quote from: azaapcom on August 08, 2009, 12:10:10 AM
i am so happy mike loves the charger, its tough for me to see the pictures of it as i only sold it to buy a 68 rt that i had a verbal that it was mine now the guy has decided not to sell :RantExplode: so i am now moparless and i have to drive my wifes 68 mustang to the local cruise nights :pity: but i have a lead on another 68 and it is identical to the one i just sold but it needs total restoration :brickwall: i will post pictures when my wife gets home       simon azaap.com                     
welcome simon and that really sucks you   sold your car to up grade and the dude backed out  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

rav440

thats a good looking CHARGER . congrats  :cheers: but im confused . why does it have 69 tail lights and 68 side marker lights  :shruggy:

i would also file a claim with the shipper , yeah id feel bad for the guy too but thats not a $50.00 fix .
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

azaapcom

Quote from: rav440 on August 08, 2009, 07:54:21 AM
thats a good looking CHARGER . congrats  :cheers: but im confused . why does it have 69 tail lights and 68 side marker lights  :shruggy:

you are confused it has 68 tail lights :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: ::)

rav440

Quote from: azaapcom on August 08, 2009, 01:09:36 PM
Quote from: rav440 on August 08, 2009, 07:54:21 AM

you are confused it has 68 tail lights :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: ::)

:o ::) dont know what the hell i was loking at  :icon_smile_big: jeeze my eyes are getn bad  :yesnod:
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

NHCharger

Very nice. :cheers: :cheers:

I agree with the others, file a claim with the shipper ASAP. I don't care if the driver loses his job. It's his job to deliver these cars safely and undamaged. Too many people these days don't make any effort to do their job right.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

mike r

Quote from: azaapcom on August 08, 2009, 12:10:10 AM

Hi Guys,

Thank you very much for the nice words, I am honored to be apart of the Charger club. It was a long hard road, now it will be traveled alot faster and with more style  :icon_smile_big: 
           I know what you mean, I should have filed a claim. Its just that things happen. This guy just drove cross country in a very large and uncomfortable truck to deliver me my 1968 Charger. I feel very blessed to be able to own one of these cars, especially during times like this. Jobs are not easy to come by, I know what you are going to say (well he should have been more careful) But if I have to purchase a new grill and that will save a persons Job, then thats fine by me. It wasn't intentional, if it was then things would be different.

Simon, Thank you very much for everything. The Charger is awesome, I couldnt have asked for a better car. I am very sorry to hear you didn't get your RT! I am sure you will find a sweet RT, good things always come back to you when you do good for others. I will be sure to keep an eye out.  :2thumbs:

Thanks again everybody
           Mike

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

charger_cody