News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Started working on my Charger

Started by bear, June 18, 2009, 10:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bear

I finally started working on the Charger this week. I went and pulled the engine an tranny out on Wednesday. It came out on the first try for nothing still left attached or anything which is a first for me. Got caught in a rain storm on the way home which helped wash it off a bit. Then I spent all day tearing the engine apart. Everything came apart quite well, found out I am missing a head bolt and one motor mount bolt. I found some nuts or something like that in the exhaust ports but that was the only interesting thing I found while tearing it apart. The block and heads should be going off to the machine shop this weekend.

More pictures here: http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e271/bearscharger/69charger/

Sublime/Sixpack

1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

c00nhunterjoe

wow, factory ac car? you keeping it on there?

royt440

Hope you have a lot of fun and not too much misery. :cheers:

bear

I doubt I will put the A/C back on but I'm keeping everything for it in case I change my mind.

1969chargerrtse

Fun times ahead.  Take and post lots of pictures please.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

69*F5*SE

Yes, take all kinds of reference pics for later when you need to see how it was when you took it apart.  And post them of course.

bear

I'm sure I'll be adding a lot more pictures to this thread as things progress.

1970Moparmann

Quote from: bear on June 20, 2009, 02:03:35 PM
I'm sure I'll be adding a lot more pictures to this thread as things progress.

Take your time and do it right the first time. :2thumbs:  Good luck.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

bear

I heard back from the shop the other day it my exhaust valves were worn .003-.004 over the limits so I have to get them sleeved and new valves and the block is going .030 over. I have been cleaning an painting some of the other parts for the engine and just ran down to summit and picked up a bunch more. I also dropped off my carb to get rebuilt and should have that back in a week. Everything seems to be going good except my crank got knocked over so I will probably have to get it sent out and looked at to make sure its still good. But if everything goes according to plan I should be putting the engine together by the end of the month.

bear

OK a few things have happened lately I got my got my gauge cluster back from Mike and it looks great. And i got my engine back from the machine shop Friday and started putting it back together so far everything has been going well with it. But I did run into a problem with the last cam bearing either its in crooked or was too small because the cam would not go in all the way and would then walk out of place.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: bear on August 09, 2009, 05:25:23 PM
OK a few things have happened lately I got my got my gauge cluster back from Mike and it looks great. And i got my engine back from the machine shop Friday and started putting it back together so far everything has been going well with it. But I did run into a problem with the last cam bearing either its in crooked or was too small because the cam would not go in all the way and would then walk out of place.

Mike does good work.  Keep the pics flowing.  :2thumbs:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722