News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fuel line routing with Torque boxes?

Started by Finn, August 07, 2009, 04:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finn

Hey guys, got a question:
I'm trying to route the fuel lines on my 68 and as far as I can tell the torque boxes are in the way. The lines route along the rocker and the box seems to have taken up all the room to sneak lines through.
Anyone else have this issue? Did I install my boxes wrong or perphaps I am falsely remembering where the lines went? The new lines are rubber that came with the EFI system I put on. The interior diameters are 3/8" and 1/4" so they're bigger than the old steel ones but it does not appear there is even room for the old lines.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

carolina charger

I'll see if I can get a picture of the way mines run.

Finn

2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

hemigeno

Fuel & return lines are routed on the inside of the rear frame rails, and the torque boxes are mounted to the outside of the rails... shouldn't be any interference.

See below

Finn

I have sub-frame connectors in as well which seem to block all the holes to enter the rear frame rails. The only way I can see is to route them on the inner side of the connector but that brings them way too close to the mufflers... :icon_smile_question:

2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

hemigeno

Maybe I spoke too soon... let me check my car - it's sitting about 20 feet away.

hemigeno

D'OH :slap:

That's what I get for engaging the mouth/keyboard before engaging the brain...

The fuel lines most definitely do follow the rocker as you said, but the way the factory torque boxes slope, there is room for the fuel lines to pass beneath the torque box edge.

Sorry 'bout that...  In the picture below, you can see the fuel lines at the bottom edge of the rocker's pinch panel.

Finn

Lol its all good! Thanks for the picture, the factory torque box looks different than mine. I still don't have room to tuck them in next to the rocker. :scratchchin: This is going to take a bit of sneaking. Might have to go inside the car. :-\
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L