News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

K FRAME pics needed how is yours painted ?

Started by rav440, September 04, 2009, 05:52:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rav440

i got my K frame out and redoing the suspenion . how is yous painted ? all years are fine . mine is a 1973 road runer . it looks like the lower control arms were maybe gold ?  :shruggy:

what kind of paint did you use ?

thanks

RANDY  :cheers:
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

68chargerboy

i dont have a pic beceasue im 360 miles a away from my car :( but the k frame itself is a low gloss black i believe and as for the lower control arms they were never painted they were coated in some thing to stop prevent rust and i cant think of the name of it, it looks alot like pine tar but i know thats not what they used lol.  ill try to look it up its in one of my books.  ill get back to u on it soon

mopar_nut_440_6

The lower control arms were dipped in cosmoline which is available but many people are using a paint which resembles this finish. I know Eastwood sells a product as well as mnay other manufacturers.
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude