News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Magnumforce Drop spindles

Started by Aussiemadonmopars, May 22, 2009, 11:23:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aussiemadonmopars

I see that Magnumforce have released a new disc brake conversion kit including a set of 2" drop spindles.
I already have some I bought from Fatman Fabs. and they look a lot bigger than the Magnumforce ones.

Blown70

ummm I am going to say stick with the fat man fab..........

HPP

Yeah, no kidding their bigger. Fatman units are a hair over 10 pounds each. Stock disc spindles are just under 8 and drum and FJM spindles are a little over 6 pounds each. So your adding a fair amount of unsprung weight with those units.

Rolling_Thunder

The only thing I don't like about the fatman fab spindles are they are multiple pieces welded together - the MR spindles are one piece castings.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Blown70

Any word one someone who is running these Magnumforce ones?

thanks

Tom

HPP

I think 72blunblu has them on a Challenger.

autodynamics

I've done some research on the magnumforce spindles. the spindle is .100 diffrent from the original oem style spindle. what that means is on a factory set up oem brakes there are no problem, however anyone else using aftermarket brakes will encounter a problem which doesn't allow the bearing to seat properly. the outcome is the wheel and brake components are shifted outboard about a 1/4" some might see that as a problem and some might not. they are correcting the problem and supposedly will release the "new batch in Nov/ DEC to compensate for this.

Blown70

Quote from: autodynamics on August 10, 2009, 10:18:04 PM
I've done some research on the magnumforce spindles. the spindle is .100 diffrent from the original oem style spindle. what that means is on a factory set up oem brakes there are no problem, however anyone else using aftermarket brakes will encounter a problem which doesn't allow the bearing to seat properly. the outcome is the wheel and brake components are shifted outboard about a 1/4" some might see that as a problem and some might not. they are correcting the problem and supposedly will release the "new batch in Nov/ DEC to compensate for this.

THANK YOU,  I would be using aftermarket and will have to wait... Thank you for the POST!!!

Tom