News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

UCA Bushings - did I get it all out?

Started by HeavyFuel, August 06, 2009, 06:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeavyFuel

I thought I removed all of the old bushing, and left what I thought was part of the UCA.  Now the new bushing is are too big to fit into the area.  Did I leave the outer sleeve of the bushing in place before I restored the UCA?

Awkward.

squeakfinder

Do you have a picture off a side view?

I think the steel sleeves are still in there.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

b5blue

Yea you did!  :slap: that's gotta come out, they look great though!

RD

i believe you need to remove the steel sleeves, that is what you have to do with 73 and up UCA's anyway.. here is a pic of some bushings for a 68 charger courtesy of o'reilly website.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

HeavyFuel

TylerCharger69

Don't feel bad....I did it too once............ONCE! :2thumbs:

HeavyFuel

OK..... I picked up the bushing remover and installer tool, it worked pretty well.  The new bushing and sleaves are in.

But I wonder why there's a sleeve only on one bushing of each UCA?  If they are for extra strength, why didn't they go on both sides? :shruggy:

b5blue

I asked Mancini Racing the same thing and they said not to bother it was a taxi car thing for constant stop and go. (Not really an answer is it?)