News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

vaccum

Started by slyfox, August 05, 2009, 08:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slyfox

Hi, i would like to know what the vaccum reading on the intake should be on a 383 4 barrel, holley carb.750, on a rebuilt engine.  thanks Sly

A383Wing

Depends on the cam, compression ratio, plus a few other factors....usually rule of thumb is 15-19" for a good start...

c00nhunterjoe

lol, yeah the stocker the engine the more idle vaccum you will have. we wont even talk about my idle vaccum  :smilielol:

Ghoste

So what is yours pulling slyfox?

firefighter3931

Also worth mentioning ; the initial timing has a large impact on idle vacuum.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

c00nhunterjoe

Purple440

Quote from: slyfox on August 05, 2009, 08:17:23 PM
Hi, i would like to know what the vaccum reading on the intake should be on a 383 4 barrel, holley carb.750, on a rebuilt engine.  thanks Sly

It's probably different for any given engine build.  Just tune the idle mixture and initial timing until you get the most you can.  I like to set my idle speed screw to a low RPM, then see how much I can get out of it back to around 850RPM.  Gives a crisp throttle response for me anyway.

slyfox

Hi, Thanks for all the info.  Sly