News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Do I need Dynamat?

Started by 70charger2006, October 03, 2010, 01:07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70charger2006

When I got my car painted I also had the shop hit the interior. The interior was done in a body colored bed liner. I have heard that this will protect and deaden the sound fairly well. So my question is, should I also throw a layer of dynamatting over that, or should I be alright? Is there anybody who has done this before? Thanks

Greg
Greg

1970 Dodge Charger 500
2006 Dodge Charger R/T Daytona
2007 Dodge Ram 1500

Finn

I did both, There was a slight difference with the bed liner (took down the tin can noise a bit) but once I did dynamat it was a huge difference. Everything has a nice *thud* to it now. I did the roof and inside the doors as well.
:Twocents:
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

ODZKing

Bobby41909

I am doing the same, ie, recently had the interior painted body color and just ordered 125 sqft of Thermo Tech (Dynamat knock-off) to wrap the entire interior.  For the few hundred bucks it costs to install I am not going to take the chance.  Not like I'll pull the interior, headliner etc out later if the paint didn't work as I expected.  Better safe then sorry.  Can't hurt and I bet it does more suppressing heat and sound then paint anyway. 

70charger2006

Thanks guys, I have been doing a lot of thinking about it and think I may as well just do it. I think I am only going to do from mid firewall along the floor and up to the package tray area. I have already gone ahead and redid the glass and glass lifting brackets so I really don't want to have to take all that apart again.
Greg

1970 Dodge Charger 500
2006 Dodge Charger R/T Daytona
2007 Dodge Ram 1500

bull

How thick is that Dynomat stuff? I have nightmarish visions of it being too thick and trying to get that damn back seat bottom installed. Jeez, the last few times I've had to put that seat in I felt like I was wrestling an alligator. Apparently it's not an issue though since I don't see any complaints.

ODZKing

bull,
I used the insulation as posted before.  The package says 1/8 inch and if memory serves that is about right.
And I had NO problem reinstalling either of my back seats.    :icon_smile_big: