News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

5 BUCK CHARGER WEB SITE

Started by mike r, August 04, 2009, 07:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: Shakey on August 05, 2009, 06:27:20 AM
Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on August 04, 2009, 11:19:26 PM
Quote from: mike r on August 04, 2009, 07:25:20 PM

" I contacted a very good friend of mine who is a huge charger fan. He pointed me to this site. "

" The thing is this, I seen Tom posting his charger on this site "

Mike Ryan
:scratchchin:  Tom looks like he is a new member with what 4 posts ? Looks a little shakey ?
:lol: :lol:
ummm, excuse me?   :shruggy:

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: Shakey on August 05, 2009, 06:27:20 AM
Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on August 04, 2009, 11:19:26 PM
Quote from: mike r on August 04, 2009, 07:25:20 PM

" I contacted a very good friend of mine who is a huge charger fan. He pointed me to this site. "

" The thing is this, I seen Tom posting his charger on this site "

Mike Ryan
:scratchchin:  Tom looks like he is a new member with what 4 posts ? Looks a little shakey ?

ummm, excuse me?   :shruggy:
I didn't use a capital S.  :nana:

Khyron

LOL, great pic in the barn, I'll hand it to ya, you won me over heheheheh

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: Khyron on August 05, 2009, 12:33:00 PM
:iagree:   :2thumbs:

Projekts

5 Bucks for a chance to win a Charger!

Tom I think what you are doing is fantastic!  I hope you receive all 6600 entries and someone, even if it's not me gets to drive away in a dream car. You can expect to receive essays from me.

Charger_Fan

Well, it seems to be legit & I hope it works. I don't see this as being any worse than those raffles in Hemmings & online, where you send in $20 (or often more) to get a chance at winning a car...$5 is nothing...what, maybe 2.0 gallons of gas if you're lucky? I may even give it try myself. :)
Hopefully someone will be able to get a Charger for $5, and you'll make enough to make it worth your while. :cheers:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

mike r

Quote from: Chad on August 05, 2009, 12:07:35 AM
I think you should change it to a fight club contest, last man standing.  :popcrn:

Im digging that blue charger, when looking to buy one i ran across several that had been re-painted but the door jams showed that baby blue, it looks great with that white top, im guessing white interior too?  :2thumbs:
Hi Guys,

Thank you for the nice words about my Charger. Yes, I am very much liking the blue myself. The thing is this, I always wanted an Orange or Black 68, when I found this charger I jumped on it. Its all original with matching #'s and build sheets from Arizona with no rust or rot. I loved the fact that it came stock with air conditioning and disc brakes. Simon (the past owner) really took good care of this car. He kept up with everything from completely rebuilding the motor to fixing the clock. He gave me a 2 page list of everything he has done to the car in the past two years. I was planning on finding a Charger restoring it and having it painted orange, I think my plans have changed. I think it would be a shame to pull this charger apart. I am sure it will need some paint but I think I am going to keep it its original color (might add a white strip on the tail)

I did buy the car site unseen, Simon sent me very detailed pictures. If the car shows up in half the condition that he said it was in, I would still be very happy (I am sure it will be what he said it is) Simon is such a pleasure to do business with. I was a little nervous sending $14000 to somebody I didn't know, but after speaking to him and his wife on the phone I knew everything was going to be OK. Sometimes you just have to trust people  :cheers:.

mauve66

to be legal there has to be some kind of outside third party monitoring it, plus he will have to pay taxes on it also since its not a tax exempt charity and he has to provide a winners list with name and address so at the end of the auction it can be verified that he did give it away, as of now there is no oversight.  whether he is honest or not isn't the issue, he can just say that he received enough entries and write some bogus letter every week himself OR even post some that he receives.  It would be an easy way to make $30 grand for yourself.  maybe i'm just pessimistic.................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

mauve66

Quote from: mike r on August 05, 2009, 07:36:45 PM
Sometimes you just have to trust people  :cheers:.

been there, done that, got screwed over $100, let along a pot of $30 grand
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Finn

Man I would never buy a car site unseen but Ive got my fingers crossed for you :popcrn:.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

mike r

Hi Finn,

Yes, I know what you mean. He did send me some very detailed pictures, I know that doesnt mean much. Simon seems to be a very honest guy, I am sure everything will be as good as he said it was.

But, if you dont mind, please keep your fingers crossed, I do appreciate it   :2thumbs:

I will be sure to keep you all posted

68charger383

Quote from: Khyron on August 05, 2009, 12:33:00 PM

:iagree:

The pic was good + it shows you have a sense or humor  :2thumbs:
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

bull

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on August 05, 2009, 05:25:04 AM
My sister won a trip to Africa on a essay contest. And actually went.

Did she ever come back?

Anyway, I'm confused why a picture of a guy in a storage shed with the car and a basketball legitimizes anything? I'm not saying the contest is legit or it isn't, I'm just saying a picture of some dude with a basketball does nothing to sway my opinion either way. This whole thread seems staged to me. Some guy comes here asking questions about a website, Cody is all-too happy to post the link, and then the owner shows up to seal the deal in te site's most popular section. It seems similar to when someone posts a WIW thread and then says oh, BTW, I'm selling the car if anyone's interested.

Khyron

it's just in reference to the post that asked him to do it, It was funny.  :icon_smile_big:

don't get me wrong, I don't write an essay for anyone LOL, but it showed me the guy has a good sense of humor and made me chuckle.

*EDIT* ohh and besides, after doing a reverse lookup of the domain It gave all his information, a good scammer wouldn't let that happen ;)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

MoparManJim

Quote from: Khyron on August 06, 2009, 11:33:31 AM
it's just in reference to the post that asked him to do it, It was funny.  :icon_smile_big:

don't get me wrong, I don't write an essay for anyone LOL, but it showed me the guy has a good sense of humor and made me chuckle.

*EDIT* ohh and besides, after doing a reverse lookup of the domain It gave all his information, a good scammer wouldn't let that happen ;)

Yea, I guess Bull didn't read but rather skip down through.  ::) so thats why he didn't know about that part. Because if he would have red it he would have known it before he mention anything about it  :lol: 

I got a chuckle out of the photo also.  :lol:

bull

Quote from: MoparManJim on August 06, 2009, 11:51:41 AM

Yea, I guess Bull didn't read but rather skip down through.  ::) so thats why he didn't know about that part. Because if he would have red it he would have known it before he mention anything about it  :lol: 

Well, sorry. This might be a shocker but I've got better things to do than read every word of every post on this site.

MoparManJim

Quote from: bull on August 06, 2009, 01:27:54 PM

Well, sorry. This might be a shocker but I've got better things to do than read every word of every post on this site.

Okay, before this thread almost gets derailed which it won't. I just want to say this, if you have better things to do, then why are you in this thread reading the stuff for if you don't belive in it or of you got better things to do.  :shruggy:

As for me, I don't know the guy, but what he wants to do, to me is really a real good idea. Someone will end up with a nice charger.

Dodge Don

I looked up the domain info as well. Seems to check out but I have to admit, to me this smells fishy.  :Twocents:

68X426

Fishy? It's a Charger, not a Cuda.  :smilielol:

Seriously, it's just five bucks. I don't see an injustice, I see cleverness. With willing participants, or not.

Consider a famous scene in Lonesome Dove. It goes something like this:

Gus comically uses the false Latin phrase "Uva Uvam Vivendo Varia Fit". Call asks "What if it's an invitation to rob you?" and Gus replies, "If any man can read that, he's welcome to." "I just once want a chance to shot at an educated man".

Sending $5 to find out the end of this story is OK with me.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Shakey

Quote from: bull on August 06, 2009, 01:27:54 PM

:lol:

1carcrazyguy

Is there some sort of "rule" in place to prevent someone that the "seller" knows, from  winning?   Otherwise I see how something this could be done, legally by Nigerian Scam artist!  Just take entries from anyone that wants to pay the entry, then pick an entry that belongs to someone they know and, boom you got cash and buddy has the car!

DISCLAIMER...... :slap:.....I am not saying that is what is going on in this case. Just wondering if there are rules in place to prevent something like that from happening!    

Red Ram

Can I have $5??? I promise good karma...no essay required...I'm a good person...beLIEve me... but don't have a goofy photo.
"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

moparstuart

Quote from: Red Ram on August 06, 2009, 08:45:40 PM
Can I have $5??? I promise good karma...no essay required...I'm a good person...beLIEve me... but don't have a goofy photo.
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

kurgan383

Hey guys, just wanted to thank everyone for the support and address some more questions.... There IS a rule that I won't give the car to my wife or friends... that's why I only have 1 essay so far!  Also, I think having a 3rd party pick the winner is a great idea...  I just need to find someone to do it (like the editor of hot rod or Mopar Muscle, something along those lines.)   I'm just going to keep advertising and see if people are into it.  I'm also going to hit the car shows next week and see how that goes.  I'm really trying to be open and not "fishy"... I just think that this could make some good cash AND really make someone else real happy.... just trying to have some fun with it....BTW, I bought my car in '98 the same way Mike R. did... I bought it from a guy in Minnesota.  I saw pics and video, talked with the guy and then sent him the cash and I got the car a few days later!  Maybe we are just dumb....

PocketThunder

Quote from: kurgan383 on August 07, 2009, 09:29:56 AM
Hey guys, just wanted to thank everyone for the support and address some more questions.... There IS a rule that I won't give the car to my wife or friends... that's why I only have 1 essay so far!  Also, I think having a 3rd party pick the winner is a great idea...  I just need to find someone to do it (like the editor of hot rod or Mopar Muscle, something along those lines.)   I'm just going to keep advertising and see if people are into it.  I'm also going to hit the car shows next week and see how that goes.  I'm really trying to be open and not "fishy"... I just think that this could make some good cash AND really make someone else real happy.... just trying to have some fun with it....BTW, I bought my car in '98 the same way Mike R. did... I bought it from a guy in Minnesota.  I saw pics and video, talked with the guy and then sent him the cash and I got the car a few days later!  Maybe we are just dumb....

Man i would love to write in, if only it was a '69.    :icon_smile_big:   :stirthepot:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."