News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

5 BUCK CHARGER WEB SITE

Started by mike r, August 04, 2009, 07:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike r

Hi Guys,

I am new to this site and it has helped me greatly already. I have been a charger fan all my life. I have finally decided it was time to make my dream a reality. I started looking for my charger, I contacted a very good friend of mine who is a huge charger fan. He pointed me to this site. I have found a couple locally and he was kind enough to take a look at them for me (nothing really paned out). He has a super sweet 1970 charger, I made him an offer $15000 (as a start) he then told me he was going to do this web site 5buckcharger.com and he doesn't want to just sell it. He feels that it would be nice for him to sell the car and possibly make somebody's dream come true. Not everybody has $15000 to $30000 to spend on a car but maybe somebody who has $5, a story gust might possibly have a charger this time next year. Tom is a Great guy!!! and his car is even nicer. He knows how much of a charger fan I am, he offered me to take the car for the week end a couple years back, I just couldn't. it would have been to nerve racking, god forbid if something happened, it was such a nice offer though and I know he meant it. The thing is, I need my charger now. Don't get me wrong, I will put my $5 in and summit my essay I just cant count on my essay skills to win me a charger :-) If there is one thing I learned as a married man with 2 kids is......when the wife gives you the go ahead to spend $.....especially on your self, you do it!! and do it fast!!!!!! I just purchased the blue 1968 charger all original from arizona (that was posted on the swap meat page last week) it should be arriving on friday :-) 

The thing is this, I seen Tom posting his charger on this site and wanted to let you all know what I know about him and his Charger. If it wasnt for this site I wouldt have found my charger. I have also found some really great people, with some really awesome cars. Thank you for letting me be a part of it.

Mike Ryan

moparstuart

welcome lets see some pictures of your dream car ?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69bronzeT5

Here's a link to the website :cheers:

www.5buckcharger.com
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

mike r

Hi, Thank you very much. The Charger is on its way to me as we speak. I will be sure to post some pictures when she arrives on Friday. I have some Pictures Simon sent me when they were loading her up, I will try and post them.

Thanks again
Mike

rav440

Quote from: moparstuart on August 04, 2009, 07:36:40 PM
welcome lets see some pictures of your dream car ?

2nd that .  :cheers:

i wonder how many people will send the $5.00 and an essay . is it legal to do a raffel like that ?

good luck
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

mike r

Hi Guys,

These are some pictures of my charger, it has a 383 with matching #'s and build sheets

I hope you enjoy them
Mike

Dodge Don

I'm not sure I'd agree the car is worth 25k however interesting way to make 33k or more for the car. Not sure about US laws however here you'd need to be licensed and would need an reputable accounting firm to audit/validate authenticity and process guidelines.

The logistics of giving back $4 to thousands of people should he not meet the 6600 requirement is a nightmare.

Skinypete

I think that i'll be waiting for a couple weeks until I found out if this is legal or not, but what a great way to get a charger for only $5 bucks! And kudos to you on the find! :drool5:
DJMIII

mike r

Hi,

That is a very good question. I know it took him some time to get everything checked into. When I asked him the same question about it being legal (i was trying to get him to sell it to me)  he said it was all legal. If he said it is, I have to believe him. He is one of the most honest guys I know. I am sure he will answer any questions you ask him.

Again, its not my site, I dont know much about it. I do know Tom, he is a great guy and his Charger is awesome!!!

Regards
  Mike

RecklessYouth

I was eyeballin that same 68 Charger all last week! Glad to see it went to a good home. Youll have to let us know how it turns out. I think the 5 Buck Charger is a great idea. Im gonna write my essay soon!  :2thumbs:

mike r

Hi guys,

Thank you very much. Yes, I am very excited, I cant wait till friday. It keeps me up at night, I feel like a kid again Christmas night waiting for the morning. I wouldn't have found her with out this site. I will be sure to post more pictures when she arrives.

Thanks again
 Mike

teamroth

Quote from: Skinypete on August 04, 2009, 08:52:47 PM
I think that i'll be waiting for a couple weeks until I found out if this is legal or not, but what a great way to get a charger for only $5 bucks! And kudos to you on the find! :drool5:

:iagree:
That's what I was thinking
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

kurgan383

Hey guys, I'm Tom from www.5buckcharger.com... My buddy Mike told me he started a thread on this.  I read all the posts and I saw the questions... First, it is legal.  I contacted a lawyer (that I found on the NYS gambling law site!) and as long as the contest is clearly defined (essay on why I should give you my car) and it's in a specified time frame. (August 3rd 2009 - August 2nd 2010)  Yes, it's true I have over 25K into it over the last 11 years and with the purchase price I know the car is not worth what I have into it.  I'd estimate it's worth in the low 20's.  Also, giving everyone $4 back if the site doesn't meet the requirements shouldn't be that bad... I have a lot of down time at work :)  Anyway thanks for your thoughts and I look forward to reading your essays.  Oh, I got my first essay from a guy in Ohio!   

Finn

Very cool!
Did you purchase that charger site-unseen or did you have someone take a look at it for you?
Make sure to post more pictures up once you get it!
:popcrn:
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

68X426

Tom: great idea. You are creative. I hope you score 100k.  :2thumbs:

I am now inspired to launch 5dollarwife.com. The essays will be interesting.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Khyron

hmmmmmmm, i dont buy it. sorry.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

68charger383

Quote from: kurgan383 on August 04, 2009, 10:01:49 PM
Hey guys, I'm Tom from www.5buckcharger.com... Anyway thanks for your thoughts and I look forward to reading your essays.  Oh, I got my first essay from a guy in Ohio!    

Sorry for being a doubting Thomas, but is that the car that was sold recently on ebay for $12,500?   :scratchchin:

Quote from: Khyron on August 04, 2009, 10:41:41 PM
hmmmmmmm, i dont buy it. sorry.

The pictures look very familar, could you put a picture on the site of you sitting on the hood like you did with your previous chargers, but this time holding a soccer/football/basketball. Just so we know you own the car.  :yesnod:
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: mike r on August 04, 2009, 07:25:20 PM

" I contacted a very good friend of mine who is a huge charger fan. He pointed me to this site. "

" The thing is this, I seen Tom posting his charger on this site "

Mike Ryan
:scratchchin:  Tom looks like he is a new member with what 4 posts ? Looks a little shakey ?

moparheater

so the way i understand it, it's an essay contest, not a random drawing???

kurgan383

hey guys... here are some more answers... No, the car was not sold recently on ebay for $12,500... I tried to sell it last year and someone hit the "buy it now" button (20K) and never called, emailed or even looked at the car!  I got fed up after that and haven't tried to sell since.  I bought it in the summer of '98.  Yes it is an essay contest, not a random drawing.  I've been a member for a while.  I haven't posted much, but the community here helped me when the rod that connects my steering wheel to the steering box came apart.  Yes, I can have another pic of me in the same driveway sitting on the hood, with a basketball.  For now, I ran into the barn and set the camera to auto and took this pic of me next to the car holding a basket ball!(don't laugh...it's late and Wife + new baby = no help!)

Chad

I think you should change it to a fight club contest, last man standing.  :popcrn:

Im digging that blue charger, when looking to buy one i ran across several that had been re-painted but the door jams showed that baby blue, it looks great with that white top, im guessing white interior too?  :2thumbs:
"Well, I'll say this: climbing can kill you, but women can destroy you. There's a big difference, y'know."--Derek Hersey

dads_69

Quote from: Chad on August 05, 2009, 12:07:35 AM
I think you should change it to a fight club contest, last man standing.  :popcrn:

Im digging that blue charger, when looking to buy one i ran across several that had been re-painted but the door jams showed that baby blue, it looks great with that white top, im guessing white interior too?  :2thumbs:
Ha, I had that same thought minutes ago, last man standing. Count me in if so. I love the look of that '68.
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

Red Ram

From Washington State Gambling Commission and Attorney General...on a similar promotions...if it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

Essay Contests
You Could Win this House......
This information sheet has been a cooperative effort of the Attorney General's Office, Washington State Gambling Commission
and the Washington State Department of Licensing.
Or .....Maybe not. Ads like this for "Essay
Contests" -- promising to give away houses,
businesses and other property all based upon the
contestant's writing skill -- have become a common
sight in local newspapers and magazines. Is it as
simple as it sounds? Not really.
In a typical contest, a "small" fee (of $100.00
or so) is charged to enter. Contestants then write a
essay of about 250 words on "why it would be nice to
own a house in beautiful ________, Washington," and
win their chance at a dream house. When enough
entries are received, the prize is supposed to be
awarded.
It may sound like a neat idea, but we don't
know of any houses that have actually been given
away in Washington. Usually there aren't enough
contestants to pay for the house, so the contest is
cancelled or postponed to allow for more entries.
There is a tremendous potential for fraud in
these contests. Someone could collect all the money
and fail to give away the house. Or, they could give it
to a relative or someone who has paid them on the
side. The only reason these events are staged as essay
contests and not raffles is that it takes them beyond the
jurisdiction of the Gambling Commission. However,
that doesn't mean the Attorney General's office can't
act if the contest is conducted in a way that is unfair or
deceptive.
Essay contests aren't considered gambling if
the award is really based upon merit or skill.
Therefore, they are not illegal. But there are many
questions consumers should ask if they are thinking
about entering such a contest:
(1) Does the person running the contest
actually own property? It may seem obvious, but can
the contest sponsor really give you the property if you
win? Is there a mortgage or other debt on the property?
In one contest to give away a service station, it turned
out that the gas tanks and pumps were about to be
repossessed.
(2) Are the location and characteristics of
the property being misrepresented? Is your new
dream house in a swamp? In Timbuktu? What kind of
condition is it in? Usually, the motivation for running
such a contest is that the sponsor can't sell the house
or business on the open market.
(3) Is there any assurance that the money
won't disappear? Has the contest sponsor set up a
separate escrow or trust account where the money will
be held until the contest is over? Will they name the
trustee or escrow company? Are the entry fees being
paid directly to the escrow agent? If the money is
being spent to promote the contest itself, or for other
expenses, there may not be any left for refunds.
(4) If the contest is cancelled, do you get a
refund? If so, is it a full or partial refund? Is there a
separate processing fee? Is a portion of the entry fee
"non-refundable"? Some contest sponsors keep 10-20
percent of the entry fee for "costs".
(5) When will the prize be awarded? Has a
specific date been set for when the contest will end?
How many entries are required? A dishonest sponsor
can avoid paying refunds by repeatedly extending the
contest.
(6) Is the contest bonded? Bonding is a form
of insurance that is one way to guarantee that the prize
will be actually awarded, or that refunds can be made
if the contest is not completed.
(7) Who will judge the contest? How are
judges selected? Are they truly independent? What are
their qualifications?
(8) What are the judges looking for? Are
there specific standards or criteria that have to be met?
One sure tip-off that an essay contest is not
completely on the up and up: a sponsor who claims
government approval. Although the Attorney
General's Office and the Gambling Commission are
often asked whether these contests are legal, they do
not approve or license them. If the contest sponsor is
implying they have government approval or a license,
they are not being honest. If you have concerns that a
contest is being conducted fraudulently, call the
Consumer Fraud Division of the Attorney General's
Office at (800) 551-4636.
"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

1969chargerrtse

My sister won a trip to Africa on a essay contest. And actually went.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Shakey

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on August 04, 2009, 11:19:26 PM

" I contacted a very good friend of mine who is a huge charger fan. He pointed me to this site. "

Mike Ryan
:scratchchin:  Tom looks like he is a new member with what 4 posts ? Looks a little shakey ?

ummm, excuse me?   :shruggy:

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: Shakey on August 05, 2009, 06:27:20 AM

Mike Ryan
:lol: :lol:

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: Shakey on August 05, 2009, 06:27:20 AM

Mike Ryan

I didn't use a capital S.  :nana:

Khyron

LOL, great pic in the barn, I'll hand it to ya, you won me over heheheheh

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: Khyron on August 05, 2009, 12:33:00 PM
:iagree:   :2thumbs:

Projekts

5 Bucks for a chance to win a Charger!

Tom I think what you are doing is fantastic!  I hope you receive all 6600 entries and someone, even if it's not me gets to drive away in a dream car. You can expect to receive essays from me.

Charger_Fan

Well, it seems to be legit & I hope it works. I don't see this as being any worse than those raffles in Hemmings & online, where you send in $20 (or often more) to get a chance at winning a car...$5 is nothing...what, maybe 2.0 gallons of gas if you're lucky? I may even give it try myself. :)
Hopefully someone will be able to get a Charger for $5, and you'll make enough to make it worth your while. :cheers:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

mike r

Quote from: Chad on August 05, 2009, 12:07:35 AM

Hi Guys,

Thank you for the nice words about my Charger. Yes, I am very much liking the blue myself. The thing is this, I always wanted an Orange or Black 68, when I found this charger I jumped on it. Its all original with matching #'s and build sheets from Arizona with no rust or rot. I loved the fact that it came stock with air conditioning and disc brakes. Simon (the past owner) really took good care of this car. He kept up with everything from completely rebuilding the motor to fixing the clock. He gave me a 2 page list of everything he has done to the car in the past two years. I was planning on finding a Charger restoring it and having it painted orange, I think my plans have changed. I think it would be a shame to pull this charger apart. I am sure it will need some paint but I think I am going to keep it its original color (might add a white strip on the tail)

I did buy the car site unseen, Simon sent me very detailed pictures. If the car shows up in half the condition that he said it was in, I would still be very happy (I am sure it will be what he said it is) Simon is such a pleasure to do business with. I was a little nervous sending $14000 to somebody I didn't know, but after speaking to him and his wife on the phone I knew everything was going to be OK. Sometimes you just have to trust people  :cheers:.

mauve66

to be legal there has to be some kind of outside third party monitoring it, plus he will have to pay taxes on it also since its not a tax exempt charity and he has to provide a winners list with name and address so at the end of the auction it can be verified that he did give it away, as of now there is no oversight.  whether he is honest or not isn't the issue, he can just say that he received enough entries and write some bogus letter every week himself OR even post some that he receives.  It would be an easy way to make $30 grand for yourself.  maybe i'm just pessimistic.................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

mauve66

Quote from: mike r on August 05, 2009, 07:36:45 PM
Sometimes you just have to trust people  :cheers:.

been there, done that, got screwed over $100, let along a pot of $30 grand
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Finn

Man I would never buy a car site unseen but Ive got my fingers crossed for you :popcrn:.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

mike r

Hi Finn,

Yes, I know what you mean. He did send me some very detailed pictures, I know that doesnt mean much. Simon seems to be a very honest guy, I am sure everything will be as good as he said it was.

But, if you dont mind, please keep your fingers crossed, I do appreciate it   :2thumbs:

I will be sure to keep you all posted

68charger383

Quote from: Khyron on August 05, 2009, 12:33:00 PM

The pic was good + it shows you have a sense or humor  :2thumbs:
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

bull

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on August 05, 2009, 05:25:04 AM
My sister won a trip to Africa on a essay contest. And actually went.

Did she ever come back?

Anyway, I'm confused why a picture of a guy in a storage shed with the car and a basketball legitimizes anything? I'm not saying the contest is legit or it isn't, I'm just saying a picture of some dude with a basketball does nothing to sway my opinion either way. This whole thread seems staged to me. Some guy comes here asking questions about a website, Cody is all-too happy to post the link, and then the owner shows up to seal the deal in te site's most popular section. It seems similar to when someone posts a WIW thread and then says oh, BTW, I'm selling the car if anyone's interested.

Khyron

it's just in reference to the post that asked him to do it, It was funny.  :icon_smile_big:

don't get me wrong, I don't write an essay for anyone LOL, but it showed me the guy has a good sense of humor and made me chuckle.

*EDIT* ohh and besides, after doing a reverse lookup of the domain It gave all his information, a good scammer wouldn't let that happen ;)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

MoparManJim

Quote from: Khyron on August 06, 2009, 11:33:31 AM
it's just in reference to the post that asked him to do it, It was funny.  :icon_smile_big:

don't get me wrong, I don't write an essay for anyone LOL, but it showed me the guy has a good sense of humor and made me chuckle.

*EDIT* ohh and besides, after doing a reverse lookup of the domain It gave all his information, a good scammer wouldn't let that happen ;)

Yea, I guess Bull didn't read but rather skip down through.  ::) so thats why he didn't know about that part. Because if he would have red it he would have known it before he mention anything about it  :lol: 

I got a chuckle out of the photo also.  :lol:

bull

Quote from: MoparManJim on August 06, 2009, 11:51:41 AM

Yea, I guess Bull didn't read but rather skip down through.  ::) so thats why he didn't know about that part. Because if he would have red it he would have known it before he mention anything about it  :lol: 

Well, sorry. This might be a shocker but I've got better things to do than read every word of every post on this site.

MoparManJim

Quote from: bull on August 06, 2009, 01:27:54 PM

Well, sorry. This might be a shocker but I've got better things to do than read every word of every post on this site.

Okay, before this thread almost gets derailed which it won't. I just want to say this, if you have better things to do, then why are you in this thread reading the stuff for if you don't belive in it or of you got better things to do.  :shruggy:

As for me, I don't know the guy, but what he wants to do, to me is really a real good idea. Someone will end up with a nice charger.

Dodge Don

I looked up the domain info as well. Seems to check out but I have to admit, to me this smells fishy.  :Twocents:

68X426

Fishy? It's a Charger, not a Cuda.  :smilielol:

Seriously, it's just five bucks. I don't see an injustice, I see cleverness. With willing participants, or not.

Consider a famous scene in Lonesome Dove. It goes something like this:

Gus comically uses the false Latin phrase "Uva Uvam Vivendo Varia Fit". Call asks "What if it's an invitation to rob you?" and Gus replies, "If any man can read that, he's welcome to." "I just once want a chance to shot at an educated man".

Sending $5 to find out the end of this story is OK with me.

We Want to Help You.

1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Shakey

Quote from: bull on August 06, 2009, 01:27:54 PM

:lol:

1carcrazyguy

Is there some sort of "rule" in place to prevent someone that the "seller" knows, from  winning?   Otherwise I see how something this could be done, legally by Nigerian Scam artist!  Just take entries from anyone that wants to pay the entry, then pick an entry that belongs to someone they know and, boom you got cash and buddy has the car!

DISCLAIMER...... :slap:.....I am not saying that is what is going on in this case. Just wondering if there are rules in place to prevent something like that from happening!    

Red Ram

Can I have $5??? I promise good karma...no essay required...I'm a good person...beLIEve me... but don't have a goofy photo.
"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

moparstuart

Quote from: Red Ram on August 06, 2009, 08:45:40 PM
Can I have $5??? I promise good karma...no essay required...I'm a good person...beLIEve me... but don't have a goofy photo.
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

kurgan383

Hey guys, just wanted to thank everyone for the support and address some more questions.... There IS a rule that I won't give the car to my wife or friends... that's why I only have 1 essay so far!  Also, I think having a 3rd party pick the winner is a great idea...  I just need to find someone to do it (like the editor of hot rod or Mopar Muscle, something along those lines.)   I'm just going to keep advertising and see if people are into it.  I'm also going to hit the car shows next week and see how that goes.  I'm really trying to be open and not "fishy"... I just think that this could make some good cash AND really make someone else real happy.... just trying to have some fun with it....BTW, I bought my car in '98 the same way Mike R. did... I bought it from a guy in Minnesota.  I saw pics and video, talked with the guy and then sent him the cash and I got the car a few days later!  Maybe we are just dumb....

PocketThunder

Quote from: kurgan383 on August 07, 2009, 09:29:56 AM
Hey guys, just wanted to thank everyone for the support and address some more questions.... There IS a rule that I won't give the car to my wife or friends... that's why I only have 1 essay so far!  Also, I think having a 3rd party pick the winner is a great idea...  I just need to find someone to do it (like the editor of hot rod or Mopar Muscle, something along those lines.)   I'm just going to keep advertising and see if people are into it.  I'm also going to hit the car shows next week and see how that goes.  I'm really trying to be open and not "fishy"... I just think that this could make some good cash AND really make someone else real happy.... just trying to have some fun with it....BTW, I bought my car in '98 the same way Mike R. did... I bought it from a guy in Minnesota.  I saw pics and video, talked with the guy and then sent him the cash and I got the car a few days later!  Maybe we are just dumb....

Man i would love to write in, if only it was a '69.    :icon_smile_big:   :stirthepot:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

kurgan383

Or you could submit an essay, and trade it for a '69 if you win!

www.5buckcharger.com

Neal_J

Here's an alternative:  take $5, say a prayer that someone gives you a Charger, and bury the $5 on the spot of your prayer.   The odds should be about equal to that of you winning this "contest".

MoparManJim

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 07, 2009, 12:57:08 PM
Quote from: kurgan383 on August 07, 2009, 09:29:56 AM

Man i would love to write in, if only it was a '69.    :icon_smile_big:   :stirthepot:

Boy, you know how that just sounded the way you just said that? Parently your not bright, what would you ask for, for $5.00? You could always give it a try and if you win then you could have a '68 that you can maybe trade someone with that has a '69 that wants a '68 instead.

Khyron

Quote from: MoparManJim on August 07, 2009, 02:37:39 PM
Boy, you know how that just sounded the way you just said that? Parently your not bright, what would you ask for, for $5.00? You could always give it a try and if you win then you could have a '68 that you can maybe trade someone with that has a '69 that wants a '68 instead.

did you not see the pot stir and smilie.... maybe it's you who are not that bright. It's called sarcasm  ::) <---now to explain, the rolling of the eyes is the indication of me not giving a crap.

http://sanitationupdates.wordpress.com/2009/07/29/the-art-of-giving-a-crap/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

maybe that will get it across.  :nana:

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

68X426

We Want to Help You.

1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

MoparManJim

Quote from: Khyron on August 07, 2009, 09:56:03 PM
Quote from: MoparManJim on August 07, 2009, 02:37:39 PM

did you not see the pot stir and smilie.... maybe it's you who are not that bright. It's called sarcasm  ::) <---now to explain, the rolling of the eyes is the indication of me not giving a crap.

http://sanitationupdates.wordpress.com/2009/07/29/the-art-of-giving-a-crap/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

maybe that will get it across.  :nana:

Hey, I never once said I was the sharpest tool in the dang shad.  :nana:

bull

It's good that you admit it. I'd hate to think you're the only one here who doesn't know. ;)

MoparManJim

Quote from: bull on August 07, 2009, 11:09:21 PM
It's good that you admit it. I'd hate to think you're the only one here who doesn't know. ;)

Well, if I didn't know, I would simply ask.  :lol:

69charger2002

i think it's been well known under the radar for quite some time about the TOOL comment.   :pity:
as far as the car, i think it should be a FREE essay with the winner getting the car! wonder if you'd get 6600 entries then? i would imagine so, but then there would be no money at the end. what's the fun in that?
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

MoparManJim

Quote from: 69charger2002 on August 08, 2009, 11:18:41 AM
i think it's been well known under the radar for quite some time about the TOOL comment.  :pity:
as far as the car, i think it should be a FREE essay with the winner getting the car! wonder if you'd get 6600 entries then? i would imagine so, but then there would be no money at the end. what's the fun in that?

I still remember what you said before in one thread.  

Now to rest of you all, now one thing that does come to my mind, sence I haven't ever won anything before, is when you win somthing like a car, is there anykind of tax on that?

68X426

We Want to Help You.

1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

MoparManJim

I just now notice that in my other reply, I meant to say "Now" but said "Not"  :-[ . So I change it.

bakerhillpins

Looks like this puttered out and died. The link just redirects to http://www.northforktech.com/ now.

Wonder what killed it. Lack of response or the realization of details?  :shruggy:

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

moparstuart

I want my 5 bucks back     :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

lisiecki1

Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

john.v

SG1022

ChgrSteve67

I'm sure after explaining the deal 1,000,000 times he figured out it was way more work than it was worth.

The legal aspect was also probably a nightmare.

A local car customizer decided he was going to raffle off a car he built and he was going to give the proffits to charity. Well after he figured out the whole legal process and people figured out they were going to have to pay taxes on the price of the car which was the amount he collected for the car people started backing out of the raffle. After realizing he was not going to ba able to find enought people to participate in the raffle by the date that was set he started giving everyone their money back which was also a lot harder than he thought it was going to be.

I'm glad to hear he gave people their money back.

lisiecki1 did they give you a reason or just say here is your money?

lisiecki1

From the horses mouth: "hi... this is your money back 5buckcharger.com. I appreciate the support, but at this point, I don't believe I will make the minimum amount of entries. I may try to re-launch the site in the future (with some adjustments) Thanks again for your support and essay! Tom G"
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

MORFF

Tom This is mike I put in a essay I was the Marine who worked on hueys and cobras and went to Iraq. I finally got my 1969 dodge charger project car give me a email some time wanted to know where you got your parts for your cars. Mikeorff2003@yahoo.com
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi